• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 721,925
Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
On paper that made sense. And any of those views are better than your views from last night how we should be grateful to nketiah and we wouldn’t get top 4 without him. You are too sensitive when people criticise the club. Either Arsenal is top club or we not. If we are we will be judged y the same standards top clubs get judged. We are not these plucky underdogs you like to pretend. We are a massive club who the last two decades have underachieved. And we collapsed 2 seasons in row last 10 games. And the bottler tag is justified until we prove it otherwise.

And lastly I don’t attack people personally who see things differently. I keep it at football. Do the same
Without wishing to intrude on the lovers tiff, those Sp**s signings looked desperate, ill-thought out and underwhelming as many of us said at the time. And while Nketiah isn't all that, we should be grateful to him, as he kept us top while Jesus was out. If we hadn't fallen apart defensively, we would have won the league in all likelihood, and his contribution while not massive would have been important. As it happens we just got to stay in it a bit longer.

As for Arsenal and the standards we are judged by, in general you are right, but for most of the last decade we've been a mess. So by recent standards this year was great. By overall club standards it was slightly above average.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Without wishing to intrude on the lovers tiff, those Sp**s signings looked desperate, ill-thought out and underwhelming as many of us said at the time. And while Nketiah isn't all that, we should be grateful to him, as he kept us top while Jesus was out. If we hadn't fallen apart defensively, we would have won the league in all likelihood, and his contribution while not massive would have been important. As it happens we just got to stay in it a bit longer.

As for Arsenal and the standards we are judged by, in general you are right, but for most of the last decade we've been a mess. So by recent standards this year was great. By overall club standards it was slightly above average.
If nketiah was not extended we would be forced to sign a striker. Chances of us signing a worse striker than nketiah is extremely low. I don’t think he is very good and on wages a player his level never should be.

Sparrahork

If nketiah was not extended we would be forced to sign a striker. Chances of us signing a worse striker than nketiah is extremely low. I don’t think he is very good and on wages a player his level never should be.
But in that event we wouldn't have available funds to sign.viera!😬

Steady Eddie will do a job, as back up strikers he is a good one, just not the type of false number 9 arsenal need to get the best out of their formation.

I am baffled by references to signing an obvious number 9 when this clearly negates the skills of others on the pitch. Our formation is why balo will leave and Eddie may reconsider his options after this next season.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

But in that event we wouldn't have available funds to sign.viera!😬

Steady Eddie will do a job, as back up strikers he is a good one, just not the type of false number 9 arsenal need to get the best out of their formation.

I am baffled by references to signing an obvious number 9 when this clearly negates the skills of others on the pitch. Our formation is why balo will leave and Eddie may reconsider his options after this next season.
Balo is leaving because unlike nketiah he has become nr 1 striker in a country who will have home World Cup and has over 20 goals in Ligue 1. He will not settle to sit on the bench and will be nr 1 striker for a good team like Leipzig

Sparrahork

Balo is leaving because unlike nketiah he has become nr 1 striker in a country who will have home World Cup and has over 20 goals in Ligue 1. He will not settle to sit on the bench and will be nr 1 striker for a good team like Leipzig
The point remains he is an out and out striker who benefits from a counter attacking style, neither sit well with how we play.

He will not leave if we can guarantee him minutes. Whilst his numbers would suggest he could be our number 1 choice, our style of play means that is hugely unlikely.

If he does decide he wants to leave it will be as he recognises he cannot easily break through to be a first team regular with his skill set.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The point remains he is an out and out striker who benefits from a counter attacking style, neither sit well with how we play.

He will not leave if we can guarantee him minutes. Whilst his numbers would suggest he could be our number 1 choice, our style of play means that is hugely unlikely.

If he does decide he wants to leave it will be as he recognises he cannot easily break through to be a first team regular with his skill set.
What is our style? You think Osimhen or Haaland would fit our style more than Jesus?

CannonBals

Gabri Veiga or Xavi Simons? I think I prefer the latter.
It seems Valverde may also be available. Perfect for LCM/RW role. Madrid have to sell as they need a striker on top og Jude. And he should be considerable cheaper then Jude. Probably wishlist stuff but we should try.

Legend14

Established Member
Caicedo to me is still unproven, one good season and even then he had not so great moments. Don’t see him coming into the XI and immediately improving it tbh. Over the years, absolutely he has the potential to be elite.

We’re 2nd trying to make the only possible jump up now to 1st against arguably the best built squad in history. We need an immediate elite midfielder to come into the XI, Rice fits the bill on and off the pitch especially with such an important figure like Xhaka leaving now the dressing room needs someone like him, it isn’t just about on the pitch.

Caicedo seems unbeatable in the middle. At 21, if we land him, it will be a massive win and would directly address our need for fast combative talent who play multiple needed positions. I have him as our #1 recruit now.

ChefMan21

It seems Valverde may also be available. Perfect for LCM/RW role. Madrid have to sell as they need a striker on top og Jude. And he should be considerable cheaper then Jude. Probably wishlist stuff but we should try.
Valverde's salary would be unbelievable - dream player but would completely distort our salary framework.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Emulating City is a fine strategy, but we need something that differentiates us from them in order to get an edge. Can't just be a worse copy and expect to beat them. For my part, I think physicality and athleticism is where we can get the edge over them, so the player profile we're looking for has to account for that. Also the thirst to win trophies. Pep does a fine job motivating his team every year, but our youth can give us an edge.

I say no to Gündoğan and Cancelo. We can do better. I want players who want to prove themselves. Jesus and Zinchenko were a different story, they weren't regular starters for City and wanted to prove themselves.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Apparently, Edu is on holiday? Ridiculous, we need signings to bed in asap.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah he looks really good. The guy was in tears after the game. He's had a good season. During the game the commentators were stating that him and Aspas scored half of the 43 goals Celta Vigo have scored between them. Both of them pretty much kept Celta in the division.

Only thing i'm not too sure about is the 76% pass completion which needs to be higher in our team. 11 goals in 28 starts is very good though considering his age. I can only see him being an option if we fail on Rice though.

View attachment 15602

On a side note, Valladolid have been relegated from La Liga so it will be interesting to see if rumours regarding Ivan Fresneda start to gain momentum.
Pass percentage for attackminded midfielders doesn't really tell the whole story and needs to be put into perspective. Could very well mean they're instructed to go for decisive passes a lot like De Bruyne, Maddison and Fernandes who are all at 73%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom