• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 734,255
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudi

Zubimendi makes so much sense. £50m and no need for negotiations (so Edu can keep his bbq out).

Also makes us more comfortable negotiating for Rice. If we have already the DM position covered, we can have alternatives for the CM position.

Or I will mention here what I'm mentioned in the Rice chat.

We will not get him. We will go for Caicedo for the CM and Zubimendi for the DM. Those 2 in total cost £130m while Rice is priced at £100m. The choice is easily made!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Is Zubi legit good enough to start here? I've never seen him play.

That's such bs :lol:

We ****ing offered 70m for a 21 yo who has had his first good season in the PL, that's insane money. "Obnoxious" get the **** outta here.

Zubi’s class but still don’t think he’s leaving.

Spanish media says he’s not even interested in going to Barca this summer.

Be surprised if he comes to the PL. I think he stays at Real Sociedad then goes to Barca next year.

Burrata

Player:Saka
Is Zubi legit good enough to start here? I've never seen him play.

Busquets/Jorginhoi regen with less talent

Good profile but not elite for me and i think he already said that he won't leave this summer. Wants to play Champions with Real Sociedad

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Because they're the first team I watched.

If it was down to you guys our squad would be full of players who did cool tricks and skills and personalities who don't do what they're told and only try when they want, because that's how COOL and BADASS people act.

Just funny to me as I felt this way also....at 13 :lol:
Nobody said they want a full squad of flair players. If you can't appreciate them in attacking positions I genuinely don't understand why you watch football though. Leao especially the guy won a scudetto almost by himself unlike our hardworking lumbers who won **** all.

Let's be real back in the day you would've called for Henry and Pires to be sold for their attitude and lack of defensive workrate, Vieira sacked for insubordination etc. No Invincibles but at least everyone would sound and look the same 👍

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Nobody said they want a full squad of flair players. If you can't appreciate them in attacking positions I genuinely don't understand why you watch football though. Leao especially the guy won a scudetto almost by himself unlike our hardworking lumbers who won **** all.

Let's be real back in the day you would've called for Henry and Pires to be sold for their attitude and lack of defensive workrate, Vieira sacked for insubordination etc. No Invincibles but at least everyone would sound and look the same 👍

Not at all, they're some of my favourite Arsenal players ever but I accept the game has changed. Even in attacking positions you don't get by just on flair or attacking prowess anymore, you have to be a team player and contribute defensively and put the workrate in. It's almost as important as the offensive work. That's why Jesus is up top for us and not a better goalscorer.

I'm in favour of flair when it's channeled towards the betterment of the side. What I'm not in favour of is players doing 'cool' tricks and things in an individualistic sense. To me that's an ego thing and not about trying to help your team win matches.

Leao is a good player from what I've seen, has the potential to be a great player probably. We're not going to sign him because he wouldn't fit in here workrate wise, irrespective of his new contract but even if we did you'd probably end up not liking him as much much anyway as a lot of the individuality he plays with would be coached out of him if he were to be a success here.

Ødegaard is by most definitions a flair player but he also works exceptionally hard defensively. There's a reasons why players of his profile are in the ascendancy and not players like Özil.

Unless you're a Messi level talent you're not going to be able to walk around when your side is out of possession or just have flashes of attacking prowess in games.

TheDrunkenMaster

Zubimendi makes so much sense. £50m and no need for negotiations (so Edu can keep his bbq out).

Also makes us more comfortable negotiating for Rice. If we have already the DM position covered, we can have alternatives for the CM position.

Or I will mention here what I'm mentioned in the Rice chat.

We will not get him. We will go for Caicedo for the CM and Zubimendi for the DM. Those 2 in total cost £130m while Rice is priced at £100m. The choice is easily made!
Caicedo at 8 would be a downgrade on Xhaka. I doubt he will ever match Xhaka‘s 14 g/a from this season.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Not at all, they're some of my favourite Arsenal players ever but I accept the game has changed. Even in attacking positions you don't get by just on flair or attacking prowess anymore, you have to be a team player and contribute defensively and put the workrate in. It's almost as important as the offensive work. That's why Jesus is up top for us and not a better goalscorer.

I'm in favour of flair when it's channeled towards the betterment of the side. What I'm not in favour of is players doing 'cool' tricks and things in an individualistic sense. To me that's an ego thing and not about trying to help your team win matches.

Leao is a good player from what I've seen, has the potential to be a great player probably. We're not going to sign him because he wouldn't fit in here workrate wise, irrespective of his new contract but even if we did you'd probably end up not liking him as much much anyway as a lot of the individuality he plays with would be coached out of him if he were to be a success here.

Ødegaard is by most definitions a flair player but he also works exceptionally hard defensively. There's a reasons why players of his profile are in the ascendancy and not players like Özil.

Unless you're a Messi level talent you're not going to be able to walk around when your side is out of possession or just have flashes of attacking prowess in games.
See all of this is a load of hot waffle. Nobody wants a player who doesn't bother to defend and if you had actually watched Leao you'd know he's as much a middle third as he is a final third player. The bit about cool tricks instead of winning matches is fluff too because again Leao won his team a scudetto and got them into a CL semi final.

Those who you think constitute the "sauce gang" take the piss out of the Robotic hard working son in law FC aficionados because you don't seem to understand it's possible to display flair *and* personality (Ødegaard has the former not the latter) while actually succeeding in football.

Genuinely don't see how you can write all the above in response to Leao. He's a flair player, has tattoos and is into fashion yet he was the league's player of the season when he won his team a league title while all the hard working head down nerds you love have none of that.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
See all of this is a load of hot waffle. Nobody wants a player who doesn't bother to defend and if you had actually watched Leao you'd know he's as much a middle third as he is a final third player. The bit about cool tricks instead of winning matches is fluff too because again Leao won his team a scudetto and got them into a CL semi final.

Those who you think constitute the "sauce gang" take the piss out of the Robotic hard working son in law FC aficionados because you don't seem to understand it's possible to display flair *and* personality (Ødegaard has the former not the latter) while actually succeeding in football.

Genuinely don't see how you can write all the above in response to Leao. He's a flair player, has tattoos and is into fashion yet he was the league's player of the season when he won his team a league title while all the hard working head down nerds you love have none of that.

But this is the point isn't it, you're adding bonus points on to Leao because he has tattoos and it into fashion or whatever. You like his off field stuff I presume. None of that's relevant to his career to me.

The only personality traits I'm interested are ones that directly relate to the job they could do at Arsenal. Professionalism, how seriously they are driven to succeed in their career, if they have leadership skills etc.
I don't really care what else they do away from football as long as they have some of those traits.

For example I wanted DCL a few years back when everyone was laughing at him for being into fashion and wearing a skirt. But I didn't add bonus points to him because he was a bit eccentric or take them off him because of it. I just rated him as a footballer.

I just think it's weird that me wanting players that try hard and care about being as good as they can be is a negative or something to look down on. It's not that I want a team of choirboys anyway. I just really don't want Arsenal to go back to the days of Guendouzi acting like an idiot, Özil wasting his talent or Mustafi hanging around like a bad smell for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom