• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 735,827
Status
Not open for further replies.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
But this is the point isn't it, you're adding bonus points on to Leao because he has tattoos and it into fashion or whatever. You like his off field stuff I presume. None of that's relevant to his career to me.
Hold up you don't actually believe this do you? :lol: Leao is a fun player not because of his tattoos ffs but because he thinks outside the box, has exciting technical and physical abilities, takes risks on the pitch etc instead of being a defensive dumbass drone who bumbles his goals in because he runs more than the opposition.
The only personality traits I'm interested are ones that directly relate to the job they could do at Arsenal. Professionalism, how seriously they are driven to succeed in their career, if they have leadership skills etc.
I don't really care what else they do away from football as long as they have some of those traits.

For example I wanted DCL a few years back when everyone was laughing at him for being into fashion and wearing a skirt. But I didn't add bonus points to him because he was a bit eccentric or take them off him because of it. I just rated him as a footballer.

I just think it's weird that me wanting players that try hard and care about being as good as they can be is a negative or something to look down on. It's not that I want a team of choirboys anyway. I just really don't want Arsenal to go back to the days of Guendouzi acting like an idiot, Özil wasting his talent or Mustafi hanging around like a bad smell for years.
You're still missing the point. The issue is not what personality traits you're interested in or which you don't like, the issue is what characteristics you attribute to certain players. You see an eccentric flair player you automatically think they're lazy and lack defensive workrate, you see a bland bloke with a **** haircut you assume he's a solid professional.

Where's that subconscious bias thread anyway.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Hold up you don't actually believe this do you? :lol: Leao is a fun player not because of his tattoos ffs but because he thinks outside the box, has exciting technical and physical abilities, takes risks on the pitch etc instead of being a defensive dumbass drone who bumbles his goals in because he runs more than the opposition.

You're still missing the point. The issue is not what personality traits you're interested in or which you don't like, the issue is what characteristics you attribute to certain players. You see an eccentric flair player you automatically think they're lazy and lack defensive workrate, you see a bland bloke with a **** haircut you assume he's a solid professional.

Where's that subconscious bias thread anyway.

Yeah, but i attribute players characteristics based on what i see on the pitch not what you're alluding to. Generally 'eccentric flair players' as you call them aren't great defensively or work rate wise. Le Tissier, Di Canio, Ginola etc weren't putting in too much of a shift tracking back.

As I've said I've only seen Leao play 2-3 times and I wasn't impressed with his workrate, though i thought he was a good player offensively. I don't think you need to be signing me up to a KKK membership just yet :lol:

I've slated Mudryk way worse than anyone else and no-one's been accusing me of subconscious bias there or whatever.

Once someone accuses you of subconscious bias you don't have any way of defending yourself as you or anyone else could say I just don't recognise it in myself. So it's an unfalsifiable claim.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, but i attribute players characteristics based on what i see on the pitch not what you're alluding to. Generally 'eccentric flair players' as you call them aren't great defensively or work rate wise. Le Tissier, Di Canio, Ginola etc weren't putting in too much of a shift tracking back.

As I've said I've only seen Leao play 2-3 times and I wasn't impressed with his workrate, though i thought he was a good player offensively. I don't think you need to be signing me up to a KKK membership just yet :lol:

I've slated Mudryk way worse than anyone else and no-one's been accusing me of subconscious bias there or whatever.

Once someone accuses you of subconscious bias you don't have any way of defending yourself as you or anyone else could say I just don't recognise it in myself. So it's an unfalsifiable claim.
There is subconscious bias against people without skin colour being involved. Could be just that flashy tattooed guys took your girl or lunch money back in the day and you subconsciously like guys more who are bland and "normal". Like in American films where you were hoping the boring neek would win against the bully.

I even wanted to write in this case it's not even necessarily involving the player's origin but thought let's see him fall into that pit first lol.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Ajax ITK's on the forum saying there's a strong chance he's coming to Ajax.
Any news on Arda @A_G ?
I don't know the player very well, but unless he's already quite strong physically at his age I would advise against going to the top of the PL to be honest.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
There is subconscious bias against people without skin colour being involved. Could be just that flashy tattooed guys took your girl or lunch money back in the day and you subconsciously like guys more who are bland and "normal". Like in American films where you were hoping the boring neek would win against the bully.

I even wanted to write in this case it's not even necessarily involving the player's origin but thought let's see him fall into that pit first lol.

Interesting, kind of like how some may have a subconscious bias against and surface level stereotyping towards a certain profile of player Arsenal may be currently interested in buying.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Ajax ITK's on the forum saying there's a strong chance he's coming to Ajax.

I don't know the player very well, but unless he's already quite strong physically at his age I would advise against going to the top of the PL to be honest.

Very distressing if true.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Non of these leagues have man city. Beating man city is kroenke ultimate challenge
The Rams had to beat Tom Brady in that playoff run. He was the Man City of the NFL. Longer history too. Kroenke has already defeated a superior opponent to City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom