• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 724,006
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

This is confusing. What about Ben White? He was outstanding last season.

Unless we thinking of a new formation.
What's confusing about creating competition and depth in the squad? I mean it's quite obviously the most important thing we should be focusing on

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This is confusing. What about Ben White? He was outstanding last season.

Unless we thinking of a new formation.

It means Ben White becomes our RCB depth, filling in for Saliba.

Something like this it is then as is...

Zinchenko/Tierney----Gabriel/Kiwior---------Saliba/White-------Cancelo*/Tomiyasu

That's the beauty of having multi profiled players, they can adjust between games and even during games if possible too.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction

Something like is then as is...

Zinchenko/Tierney----Gabriel/Kiwior---------Saliba/White-------Cancelo/Tomiyasu

That's the beauty of having multi profiled players, they can adjust between games and even during games if possible too.
You need to add a CB-RB, you can't trust Tomi and Tierney will leave

Sparrahork

You need to add a CB-RB, you can't trust Tomi and Tierney will leave
Cancelo being a RB or LB means not necessary. On basis of Tierney leaving our left back options will be zinny, cancelo, Tomi, kiwi and then youth. Right back white, cancelo, tomi then youth.

Don't forget Cedric is with us another season too, if Tomi is out for a while yet expect him to stay as cover for half a season. Likes of caicedo too many offer more cover at RB.

Saliba. Gabriel, white, kiwi, Tomi then potentially rice if not a youth player should mean ample cover at centre back allowing holding to move on.

Cancelo would mean one signing required instead of two allowing money to be targeted on midfield where it is really needed.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I was shocked to find out that Chelsea fans apparently rate him, I thought he was a massive flop overall?
It's because he does a lot of positive things on the pitch even if he's not contributing to the score sheet. Good movement, contributes to the build up, works hard, etc.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Cancelo being a RB or LB means not necessary. On basis of Tierney leaving our left back options will be zinny, cancelo, Tomi, kiwi and then youth. Right back white, cancelo, tomi then youth.

Don't forget Cedric is with us another season too, if Tomi is out for a while yet expect him to stay as cover for half a season. Likes of caicedo too many offer more cover at RB.

Saliba. Gabriel, white, kiwi, Tomi then potentially rice if not a youth player should mean ample cover at centre back allowing holding to move on.

Cancelo would mean one signing required instead of two allowing money to be targeted on midfield where it is really needed.
This exactly. We'd get by well with those options and if something bad happens injury wise then we have January to fix that.

Zinny/Cancelo - Gabriel/Kiwior - Saliba/White - White/Cancelo with Tomi as a utility player and backup for all positions. Rice at CB or Partey at RB are emergency options, but still viable ones.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This exactly. We'd get by well with those options and if something bad happens injury wise then we have January to fix that.

Zinny/Cancelo - Gabriel/Kiwior - Saliba/White - White/Cancelo with Tomi as a utility player and backup for all positions. Rice at CB or Partey at RB are emergency options, but still viable ones.

Agree with this. Cancelo also gives the option of using Zinchenko as a left 8. Lots of positional flexibility.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I imagine as left 8 as he's left footed with a very high level of technique. 24 and still with unfillilled potential. Can also play as false 9.

Chelsea need to balance the books by June 30th so we may get a cut price deal.

It's because he does a lot of positive things on the pitch even if he's not contributing to the score sheet. Good movement, contributes to the build up, works hard, etc.
I don't hate the idea of Havertz as an option at LCM for us. It'd be more similar to how he played when he came through at Leverkusen and he is a good player, albeit not goal scorer.

I wanted Paqueta at LCM when he was at Lyon and started to entertain that again back in April. Reckon Havertz would be a similar profile.
Curious to what @Heavy Duty Rom thinks about Havertz as a LCM? :popcorn:

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

Something like this it is then as is...

Zinchenko/Tierney----Gabriel/Kiwior---------Saliba/White-------Cancelo/Tomiyasu

Dropping White would be a major surprise. If we are looking to bring in Cancelo, he is possibly thinking along these lines...

White. Saliba. Gabriel

Cancelo. Rice Zinny

Ødegaard

Saka. Jesus. Martinelli

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I don't hate the idea of Havertz as an option at LCM for us. It'd be more similar to how he played when he came through at Leverkusen and he is a good player, albeit not goal scorer.

I wanted Paqueta at LCM when he was at Lyon and started to entertain that again back in April. Reckon Havertz would be a similar profile.
Curious to what @Heavy Duty Rom thinks about Havertz as a LCM? :popcorn:

I think he’s incredibly talented and there is untapped potential there, who in the right set up, could thrive. From an attacking point of view, I really like the idea, but from a defensive point of view, I can’t see it working.

Having both Havertz and Ødegaard is CM is too light. They both work hard, but are both half hearted in their duels.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Dropping White would be a major surprise. If we are looking to bring in Cancelo, he is possibly thinking along these lines...

White. Saliba. Gabriel

Cancelo. Rice Zinny

Ødegaard

Saka. Jesus. Martinelli

Yes, this works as well.

I think we are going to see more setups during the course of next season, as well as more rotation of our players, as there are six more important games guaranteed from August to December.

I expect to see things like...

Zinny--Gabriel---Saliba---White

Cancelo---Kiwior---White---Caicedo

Gabriel---Kiwior---Saliba---White

Zinny---Gabriel---Saliba---Cancelo

Different back line setups for different opposition, and how they would look to setup. As well as resting our players for a long season.

White isnt being demoted, he becomes part of a group of options for different types of games, and is kept fresh. Like the rest of our defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom