• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 734,274
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I like this idea, we attack with 6 and defend with 6

You can do 6-6 but its not a completely balanced 5-5 when looking at profiles, because Zinchenko and Cancelo arent really defenders. Its more a 4-6 profile split, and for teams who are more focused on deep blocks and counter attack football.

Against teams who want to make games physical in addition to counter attacks, or are elite at attacking (City, Newcastle, Everton, Liverpool, Brighton) we need a 5-5 split.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Romano saying a bid of 70-80m should do it for Caicedo.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I think he’s incredibly talented and there is untapped potential there, who in the right set up, could thrive. From an attacking point of view, I really like the idea, but from a defensive point of view, I can’t see it working.

Having both Havertz and Ødegaard is CM is too light. They both work hard, but are both half hearted in their duels.
Havertz hasn’t worked out under several managers though. I really dislike this trope of “saving” broken players, because it seldom works out.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Dropping White would be a major surprise. If we are looking to bring in Cancelo, he is possibly thinking along these lines...

White. Saliba. Gabriel

Cancelo. Rice Zinny

Ødegaard

Saka. Jesus. Martinelli
I honestly don't think it's that deep. Bringing in Cancelo you get very good options at both LB and RB. With a minimum of 46 games across comps next year and likely at least 52+ games, going up to 63 games if we are fortunate (though unlikely).

It's a minimum of 31 games if you consider these three your fullbacks and that's not even taking injuries into account. Tomi will play as well ofc, so probably a bit less but point is Cancelo, White and Zinchenko aren't thought to be playing alongside each other. They would rotate and compete.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I'm not that keen on Rice, I just don't see the fuss, & can't say I've seen Caicedo play, but if Arteta has a vision for one of them, I'll back him. I just want us to avoid dithering & longing bids out. Let's just get in there & do it.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I just don’t see Rice in an Arsenal shirt. It’s going to take in the region of 100M, and matching the salary of rival clubs.

Caicedo seems more inline with our spending and budget.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We spending so much of our money on Rice the rest will go to strengthen the CB depth fullbacks RB and LB if Tierney leave other midfielder and possibly forward that's why find it really difficult we spend near 200M on Rice and Caicedo we have few more positions to improve the depth.

If our squad was more complete we'd go for rice and Caicedo then close our summer but clearly the squad lack depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom