• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 723,895
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

This looks immense but would mean Gabriel would have to play LB, which is a no go.

But look at the quality in that back 5 ffs, that is title winning quality.
Why is it a no go? If Akanji can play fullback so can Gabriel imo, though I really want Gabriel to defend the box when it comes to it as Saliba is not great in the air despite his height.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Upgrading on them really could as well. Sadly that's probably a safer strategy than trusting them 😕

Yep, but the noises from the club are that ESR is staying and Vieira will get another season.

Ødegaard/Vieira/ESR is pretty good attacking midfield depth numbers wise, and if you factor in the potential addition of Rice, that’s a lot of competition for those 2 advanced midfield spots.

Either way it’s make or break for the pair of them.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why is it a no go? If Akanji can play fullback so can Gabriel imo, though I really want Gabriel to defend the box when it comes to it as Saliba is not great in the air despite his height.

Akanji looks far more agile and comfortable defending out wide than Gabriel for me, looks a lot more agile and nimble. Gabriel is good but he’s a more of a traditional box defender for me.

I think Kiwior could be interesting in that role but we have to see more of him.

teamsoutheast

anyone but Cancelo unless he accept wage cut. no much quality fullbacks available tho people talking about Baku his name only wishing us not buy him lol.
Cancelo would be nice but I don't think he wants to stay in this country after his family were attacked and robbed and he got assaulted in his own home. He doesn't feel safe here which has unsettled him and his family, which is understandable if you and your family suffered that sort of trauma.

Sulosky

Edu ain't getting Rice or Caicedo he's gonna fumble the bag as always.
Don't worry.. Edu got this

kummeli-kahilainen.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom