• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 724,108
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

we 100% in for Gundogan but all depend on Barcelona financial problems them not getting messi will help them getting Gudogan deal done. but we'll see.

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes to be honest Barcelona are more better option specially they won't be worry about Messi money. if they manage to give him 3 years contract he'll go there quick.

not sure if we give him contract it'll be 2 year max.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Only reason he’d join us is contract length. He’d be mad to reject Barcelona or an extension at City otherwise.

Think we probably offer him a 2+1 deal hoping he ages like Modric, though I can't see him turning down Barca if they manage to bullshit their way into finding some more money to sign new players.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Shame because if Gundo was in his late 20's or even just 30 years old i'd offer him 3 years contract not sure with the way pep played him his body can handle the demands also his body strength and fitness nowhere near to Modric type of midfielder. risky signing when he 33 years old in few months

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Love Gundogan, but this wouldn’t be a wise move imo. We aren’t City, teams will at least attempt to attack us. We still need legs in midfield.

With both Ødegaard and Gundogan in midfield, whilst they both work hard, they both also go into duels a little half hearted. There would be too much responsibility on whoever plays DM.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yes to be honest Barcelona are more better option specially they won't be worry about Messi money. if they manage to give him 3 years contract he'll go there quick.

not sure if we give him contract it'll be 2 year max.
I don't know about Barca this summer though. I think La Liga was willing to play ball with them to bring back Messi because he benefits the whole league. I don't think they're in any rush to help them to bring in players like Gundogan. Their financial situation is still absolutely terrible.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Because Chelsea players are on huge wages and if Chelsea continue to miss out on CL football it could really damage the club long term. Also they got another new manager in Pochettino who surely expects to get the players he wants. I doubt Pochettino will be happy that his midfield is now Casedei(has like zero senior apps), Andrey Santos(only played in Brazil) and Chukwuemeka(same as Casedei) instead of Mount, Kante and Kovacic.
Poch is very good with young players tbf.
It all depends how desperate the owners are for instant success. Trim the squad, get a striker & they will have a far better season imho & could really start building.
Not saying they won't be interested in Caciedo btw.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think this guy is worse than Hagn. Thinks he’s a celebrity ffs.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Even at his age Gundogan is a quality player you can't really turn down the option of signing on a free.

2+1 would be okay. If he physically declines in 18 months or whatever I bet the Saudi's would throw silly money at him to go there.

Bit of a shame the Saudi situation didn't happen a few years ago, they'd have been all over Özil during his fallout here.

Mudi

Even at his age Gundogan is a quality player you can't really turn down the option of signing on a free.

2+1 would be okay. If he physically declines in 18 months or whatever I bet the Saudi's would throw silly money at him to go there.

Bit of a shame the Saudi situation didn't happen a few years ago, they'd have been all over Özil during his fallout here.
The issue with Gundogan is that he can only be quality for 10-20 games. Kinda Jorginho type of signing but off course higher quality.

If we would sell Jorginho, I could see us go for Gundogan to fill that gap. However a midfield of Partey, Jorginho, Gundogan, Rice/Caicedo is not gonna be enough.

Also I believe he will go to Barca, stay at City or go the middle east

Barca to replace Buesquets/Kessie
City obvious
Saudi Arabia for retirement

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I feel like Gundogan has another two years in top flight football, he can consider SA after that.

I think he will most likely stay at City but I would love to get him with Rice.

If we want to go all out in the CL and PL next summer then we need two quality players for every position and with Xhaka leaving we will still be one short even with Rice

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think we get Rice done certainly within the next month. Don’t think we get Caicedo as well, that’s for the fairies.

Question is do we get another midfielder and if so what type? Gundogan is strongest rumour right now but who are the alternatives?

Other than that my guess is the focus will be on defenders to replace Holding and Tierney.

I’m doubtful we buy a winger tbh. Martinelli, Saka, Jesus, Trossard, Nketiah, Nelson, that’s six forwards. For my money Nketiah and Nelson aren’t at the required level at all but the club seems to think different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom