• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If Barcelona play the oncoming period smartly, especially with regard to finances, I think they are in much better shape long-term than they are thought to be. Their youth is seriously good and it's going under the radar because of the shambles they are currently in.

Ansu Fati and Pedri are cracking talents, I think Frenkie de Jong will come good when they stop trying to play him next to players who occupy his favorite spots on the pitch, also. Sergiño Dest, Ilaix Moriba, Riqui Puig, Ronald Araujo, Francisco Trincão, you can throw Ousmane Dembélé in that group, too.
In some ways it is similar to us. We had a terrible wage bill going into this season and we are an underperforming side, but we have some good young players between the bracket of 19-23. The ones who dont workout can be sold to raise funds (e.g. AMN, Nketiah, Willock)

Bloodbather

Established Member

I mentioned N'Dicka in the wish list thread several times as a LCB candidate last season. That was before we made the move to get one of my other LCB candidates, Gabriel, though.

Hard to see us make a move for him with Gabriel and Mari here. He can play LB as well, but doubt we invest in a young LCB who can play LB as the backup for Tierney.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No chance, we already have e Gabriel and Mari as left footed CBs who aren't going anywhere.
Depends on Saliba situation. Luiz is gone if Saliba stayed then yeah no need extra cb. Gabriel Holding Mari Saliba should be enough

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Barca fans say he very weak defensively and lose possession alot in game so to me that similar to Hector we need to stay away

As a secondary left back though, not like Bellerin who has to start week after week. I would be very open to having Bellerin as backup behind a better right back.

Tierney/Firpo
Hakimi/Cedric

Oh mama.

Pyromaniac

As a secondary left back though, not like Bellerin who has to start week after week. I would be very open to having Bellerin as backup behind a better right back.

Tierney/Firpo
Hakimi/Cedric

Oh mama.
So you would want us to spend 60m on two fullbacks who both can't defend and only one of them being a starter? Alright.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So you would want us to spend 60m on two fullbacks who both can't defend and only one of them being a starter? Alright.

In what world would Firpo be worth £30M :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hakimi would be a brilliant right back in our system, man some people just want to see the world burn.

I was told for months that Cedric is a horrendous signing because he's a Kia client. Yet he's one of our best performers to date.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I voted other because I think a top class RB to replace Bellerin is vital. For me he's a bigger issue than Xhaka who is playing his best football since he joined.

Next most important is a top CF to replace Laca should we sell.

If Ødegaard goes back (I think he'll stay) then that position becomes more important. We do have ESR though.

CB - Hopefully Saliba comes back. Sell Luiz and I'm more than happy with Holding, Gabriel, Saliba, Mari.

We also need cover for Tierney. Cedric does a good job but what if he's already covering at RB. So a good young LB would be good.

Pyromaniac

In what world would Firpo be worth £30M :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hakimi would be a brilliant right back in our system, man some people just want to see the world burn.

I was told for months that Cedric is a horrendous signing because he's a Kia client. Yet he's one of our best performers to date.
Hakimi - 40m, Firpo - 20m. You won't get them much cheaper than that

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This summer clear 3 important positions need strengthen upgrade on Hector a good attacking mid I'd honestly buy Ødegaard if he proven he is good and finally a striker because not sure we'll extend laca. Then you strengthen the central midfielder because likely Elneny getting sold Ceballos gone back to Madrid Guendouzi future unknown and lastly backup LB. So 5 new players.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Barcelona fans are idiots. That isn't necessarily a recommendation for Firpo. They're just one group of fans who's opinion on football I stay away from.
The only thing in Barca four they agree on is he is rubbish. Like there is not one person who thinks he is even average. Many say he is the worst Barca player they seen

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I'm ok with keeping Xhaka but we still need another top CM who can partner partey. Xhaka should be rotation / back up

CM, ST, RB in that order for me if Ode does well and we sign him permenantly. Or else CM, ST, CAM, RB

Need to replace Laca.

tcahill

I assume Auba will gravitate towards the middle as he loses pace. He's been a prolific goalscorer in the middle most of his career.

Xhaka is a beast next to Partey, but would still rather a Bissouma/Berge type that can play either pivot position.

Creative midfielder - might be Ødegaard but Zidane looks like he's leaving.

Right back - as much as I like Hector I don't think he can be our starting RB for the next 5 years. Not really sold on Hakimi, insane going forward but very weak defensively. Would rather someone more balanced.

pikey2000

If Saka is staying wide right then for me we need a wide left player, its the only position we don't have a recognised starter in, Auba plays there when fit but he can't offer what a proper winger would offer, feel like that would take our attack up another notch completely.

I'm on board with getting a CM, RB, and backup LB but for me, getting a legitimate LW would take us up a level.

I'm assuming Saka will stay wide right with Pepe as rotation based on how we've been playing lately, if we switch Saka back to LW then its a whole different conversation.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If Saka is staying wide right then for me we need a wide left player, its the only position we don't have a recognised starter in, Auba plays there when fit but he can't offer what a proper winger would offer, feel like that would take our attack up another notch completely.

I'm on board with getting a CM, RB, and backup LB but for me, getting a legitimate LW would take us up a level.

I'm assuming Saka will stay wide right with Pepe as rotation based on how we've been playing lately, if we switch Saka back to LW then its a whole different conversation.

Maybe that's where the Manor Solomon rumours came from. We were also linked to Gabriel Veron last year, the latest Brazilian wonderkid, maybe post-Brexit Edu looks more at the S. American market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom