• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Multipass

I know with international football on for another few weeks it’s not the end of the world that we haven’t made our key signing but it does bother me that we haven’t even made one. There are currently too many balls in the air and they danger is we end up dropping them all and panic buying in the last week while letting players go for a steal. I’d rather we pay the premium of a few $million extra to get our priority signings done then look for the bargains this club seems fixed on finding from there.

We just have too much to do this window to not get a few out the way in the next week.

Iceman10

Established Member
I know with international football on for another few weeks it’s not the end of the world that we haven’t made our key signing but it does bother me that we haven’t even made one. There are currently too many balls in the air and they danger is we end up dropping them all and panic buying in the last week while letting players go for a steal. I’d rather we pay the premium of a few $million extra to get our priority signings done then look for the bargains this club seems fixed on finding from there.

We just have too much to do this window to not get a few out the way in the next week.
We seem to have Lokonga and Ben White near the finishing line. If at least one of these two is not sorted by end of the coming week I would start to be a bit concerned over faffing around while there is lots to do.

I agree on the sheer amount of balls in the air. There are so many sales to get done, and not even one has been completed yet. That was always my concern, that Edu/Arteta were probably not prepared for how hard sales could be, especially to clubs outside the PL. There's so much to do and we don't really even have any idea of Leno and Bellerin sales, and we don't have clarity on Laca and Elneny yet either, both headed into the last year of their contracts.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We seem to have Lokonga and Ben White near the finishing line. If at least one of these two is not sorted by end of the coming week I would start to be a bit concerned over faffing around while there is lots to do.

I agree on the sheer amount of balls in the air. There are so many sales to get done, and not even one has been completed yet. That was always my concern, that Edu/Arteta were probably not prepared for how hard sales could be, especially to clubs outside the PL. There's so much to do and we don't really even have any idea of Leno and Bellerin sales, and we don't have clarity on Laca and Elneny yet either, both headed into the last year of their contracts.

Well I think it's going pretty well so far, a lot better than last season already on the sales front where we didn't even have strong interest. I feel like Xhaka, Douzi and Torreira are all close to permanently leaving. Bellerin will move to Spain or nowhere at all. I feel like right back will be a deal we do late in the window if it happens.

Like I've said before as long as we get in the AM, CM's and RCB before we play the first game of the season then that is good. Backup left back, Bellerin replacement, Leno replacement can come whenever. Laca won't be starting so again, that can be sorted whenever.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Seems to tally with the links so far.
Imagine right back and up front will then he based on players going out.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

TF?
What will we do when Tierney gets injured
Not that I'm in the know so only a guess. We have our priority areas and gradually as other players get sold we may look to strengthen non priority areas as squad space has opened up.

Alternatively we may be comfortable that we won't have as many games and can use Saka or Cedric to fill in if necessary.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Wonder who the other targets at LB are then? I get it’s not the highest priority as we are going to need a new midfield but the only names linked have been rubbished or put on the back burner.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I dont care what anyone has told wheatley. The figurehead and leader of the four horsemen of muppetry on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom