• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Didn't you say the same thing last season?

I said with Aouar and Partey we could challenge for top 4 yeah. Sadly we didn't have Partey for pretty much half a season and couldn't get Aouar.

I appreciate the optimism, but I think you're in for a disappointing season, mate.

Something significant needs to change to fully lift this squad and get us back on that track within one season and the calibre of players we're currently looking to sign unfortuantely aren't the ones to do that.

I'm not sure. I think its highly dependant on RB/CM signings of course. I think there's a lot of factors in our favour for next season if all positions are filled.

• First problem was left back, whenever Tierney picked up a knock we were pretty screwed. That shouldn't be a problem anymore
  • No European football is an underrated factor, especially with Thursday nights. Teams that end up in the Europa league in one off seasons usually really struggle with it.
  • Having actual depth at CM instead of Ceballos, Lokonga could be an absolute gem and I'm pretty certain he's already better than Ceballos.
  • Ben White just elevates our attacking player to a whole different level. Yes he's a RCB but he's going to unlock so much, pretty much like when Luiz played. He's an underrated gem of a signing for how we want to play.
  • CM to replace Xhaka, as long as they're of the required quality should elevate us further. Xhaka still made mistakes in the first part of the season, so any new CM will be an improvement over the whole season.
  • A season more of ESR/Saka and co, they all have matured even further and have proper premier league experience under their belts. ESR already looks even better during pre season and should kick on with the number 10.
  • A proper right back, again, as long as a proper right back who vastly improves us is signed, it'll be a gigantic upgrade on Bellerin.
  • Having a full season of Thomas Partey who is now acclimatised to everything and fully fit. This is another very underrated factor.
  • A consistent, sharper Pepe. 10 league goals last season, finished the season strong and will be our starter RW. Hoping he can kick on. Also Martinelli being in the side and not being injured.
Look not everything will come off, but there's so many positives going into the coming season. As long as we do the correct business I genuinely think we'll surprise people

Kysus

I think our squad after this spending spree will be good enough to challenge.

If we properly challenge for top 4 and narrowly miss out then fair enough. I never really get disappointed by Arsenal unless it's a final loss or something.

But yeah this season I'm expecting at least a solid challenge for top 4.
Good enough to challenge?
We lost Ødegaard, Luiz, Xhaka and Ceballos(3 starters)
signed a Luiz replacement and a backup LB, plus a kid for the future.(1 starter)

Going backwards so far if anything

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Good enough to challenge?
We lost Ødegaard, Luiz, Xhaka and Ceballos(3 starters)
signed a Luiz replacement and a backup LB, plus a kid for the future.(1 starter)

Going backwards so far if anything

Jesus christ.

Specifically say almost daily its dependant on CM/RB/AM signings. If you think we won't sign a CM to replace Xhaka then i don't know what to do for you.

Kysus

Jesus christ.

Specifically say almost daily its dependant on CM/RB/AM signings. If you think we won't sign a CM to replace Xhaka then i don't know what to do for you.
For us to challenge we need to significantly improve on Xhaka/Ødegaard/Ceballos not Just replace them.
We finished 8 last season after all...

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I said with Aouar and Partey we could challenge for top 4 yeah. Sadly we didn't have Partey for pretty much half a season and couldn't get Aouar.

I'm not sure. I think its highly dependant on RB/CM signings of course. I think there's a lot of factors in our favour for next season if all positions are filled.

• First problem was left back, whenever Tierney picked up a knock we were pretty screwed. That shouldn't be a problem anymore
  • No European football is an underrated factor, especially with Thursday nights. Teams that end up in the Europa league in one off seasons usually really struggle with it.
  • Having actual depth at CM instead of Ceballos, Lokonga could be an absolute gem and I'm pretty certain he's already better than Ceballos.
  • Ben White just elevates our attacking player to a whole different level. Yes he's a RCB but he's going to unlock so much, pretty much like when Luiz played. He's an underrated gem of a signing for how we want to play.
  • CM to replace Xhaka, as long as they're of the required quality should elevate us further. Xhaka still made mistakes in the first part of the season, so any new CM will be an improvement over the whole season.
  • A season more of ESR/Saka and co, they all have matured even further and have proper premier league experience under their belts. ESR already looks even better during pre season and should kick on with the number 10.
  • A proper right back, again, as long as a proper right back who vastly improves us is signed, it'll be a gigantic upgrade on Bellerin.
  • Having a full season of Thomas Partey who is now acclimatised to everything and fully fit. This is another very underrated factor.
  • A consistent, sharper Pepe. 10 league goals last season, finished the season strong and will be our starter RW. Hoping he can kick on. Also Martinelli being in the side and not being injured.
Look not everything will come off, but there's so many positives going into the coming season. As long as we do the correct business I genuinely think we'll surprise people

I like your positivity, but this is a really optimistic take on next season. The players we've been linked with or signed are long term prospects and you can't expect them to gel or perform immediately. There's a scenario where we do well next season, but I think that will be more about keeping our key players fit and our forwards finding more form and numbers than they managed last year. Hope you are right though, obviously.

Edit - realised I'm agreeing with your last four points, but it's an optimistic take

Makavelii

Anyone else kind of underwhelmed with the players we’re being linked with?

Ben white is exciting for a CB. And Sambi could be a shrewd long term prospect.

But aside from that, I’m not hearing solid links with anyone else that excites me.
James Maddison.... a backup keeper.... a backup striker. Underwhelming, especially consider how much of a gap we have to make up to get back to top 4.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Looks like a good suggestion by Wrighty. Only 23 and he got 18 goals last season.

Joga Bonito.

Cabral's been on a lot of radars for a good while now and there will be competition to sign him.

You want the next classic Uruguayan striker in the Cavani, Suarez, Gomez mold? This guy might be it: Ignacio Ramírez - Spielerprofil 2021
Apparently on the move this summer but will be interesting to see if he ends up in Europe or goes to Mexica or the US.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
How are we so rich to be affording some of these signings? 50m for White 60m for Maddison 30m Ramsdale whatever Tavares cost and we need an RB too. Surely we must sell some players to fund this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom