• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
It’s the usual Arsenal tact. Put big names out there so pecan say atleast they are aiming high. I’m probably the least optimistic pert here when it comes to Arsenal. Even I wouldn’t thought approaching 1st of August they would sign two young players that they see as backup. With all the talk in May of squad overhaul and backing Arteta
Its scary that the one thing you could have said coming in to the transfer window was that it was easy to see where we could and needed to sign players to improve us... yet here we are with them signing a 50 million player in probably the hardest position to improve in the team. Im tipping from optimism to negativity but more often towards negativity now.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
No we shouldn't. You can't upgrade on him whilst he's still here. Not only is it a wage issue but we either start with Xhaka or we replace him. Lokonga won't be 4th choice getting no minutes sitting behind Xhaka and a new signing.
Yeah having squad depth has really hurt every current top 4 team badly :facepalm:

Why must we constantly have so few options for key positions, its massive mismanagement.

I dont think it would be defying the laws of physics to have depth in midfield ie. 3-4 viable options for central midfield. And if Lokonga isnt up to a high premier league standard we are completely fkd btw because the only back up we have is him and Elneny.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah having squad depth has really hurt every current top 4 team badly :facepalm:

Why must we constantly have so few options for key positions, its massive mismanagement.

I dont think it would be defying the laws of physics to have depth in midfield ie. 3-4 viable options for central midfield. And if Lokonga isnt up to a high premier league standard we are completely fkd btw because the only back up we have is him and Elneny.

Dude you have to remember we don't have European football. Look at the other teams who never play in Europe. They pretty much use the same 11 every week with a couple of changes due to injuries at times.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Dude you have to remember we don't have European football. Look at the other teams who never play in Europe. They pretty much use the same 11 every week with a couple of changes due to injuries at times.
Look at all the other teams not in Europe - yes, like them we dont have European football because our central midfield is fkin sh*te with a single injury.

Any of top 4 teams get an injury they just put another player in, maybe not the same calibre but not a hundred miles off. Added to that the 1 of the 2 midfielders we are counting on the most Partey was injured for half the season AND has Afcon so we're depending on a Xhaka + Lokonga central midfield for and Xhaka isnt immune to injury either as seen by our Euro exit.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Its scary that the one thing you could have said coming in to the transfer window was that it was easy to see where we could and needed to sign players to improve us... yet here we are with them signing a 50 million player in probably the hardest position to improve in the team. Im tipping from optimism to negativity but more often towards negativity now.
I didn’t see one person say we need to buy a CB. Yet that seemed our priority. I also see lokongo as xhaka replacement and azeez being promoted

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah, exactly - shocking stuff.

Brother Lokonga isn't some random 18 year old plucked from Azerbaijan.

This is a £15M footballer who has been spoken of very highly by many people. He will be getting a solid amount of game time.

People cry out for signings like this, signings that Leicester would make. But once we do it he's suddenly not good enough to play here? Hmm.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

This is a £15M footballer who has been spoken of very highly by many people. He will be getting a solid amount of game time.

People cry out for signings like this, signings that Leicester would make. But once we do it he's suddenly not good enough to play here? Hmm.
Im happy with him being signed and think he has a great future - but it will take time.

Also - I dont think Leicester who are not top 4 (in large part due to their squad depth and running out of steam in the last 2 seasons) would be expecting a 21 year old they just signed from the Belgian league to operate as the heart of their midfield for a large part of the season and improve their league position because of it.

Edit: anyone who puts hmmmm at the end of anything will come across as a 50 year old balding ginger guy with glasses who drinks sherry and is named Barneby

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He is xhakas replacement. And we don’t cry out for signings Leicester would make, but Man City would make

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Tbf, he isn't a guaranteed starter. Especially with Emerson now there.
He’d rather fight for a spot on even pecking at Barcelona probably. Massive club despite their current issues while we are a smaller club + even worse. I get he may want to further his career getting minutes but there’s no guarantee he’s losing his spot to Emerson.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
There are so many good pickups out there, do we just enjoy going for names or big price tags?

Because we’re wasting time getting rejected by players who play for better teams or are being courted by better teams.

I guess with the Barcelona situation they may actually sell one of the two because they’re both high value assets and they have Roberto too. They need to balance the books. But buying a player based off which one the club wants to throw out is typical Arsenal, Dest and Emerson are different players entirely.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There are so many good pickups out there, do we just enjoy going for names or big price tags?

Because we’re wasting time getting rejected by players who play for better teams or are being courted by better teams.
We don’t have a scouting department. We rely on Edu and Kia

sdotzdot

Established Member
Our transfer targets are abysmal, the years of relying on the name and stature of our club rather than actual quality and strong finishes in league/European football has finally come back to bite us.

we’re not getting anywhere near the top 4/6 anymore, slipped too far behind.

Having amateurs in charge like Edu and Arteta in what is probably our most vital sink or swim moment in our clubs recent history is also completely shocking.

what an absolute mess we have become.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I'd take Ruben Loftus-Cheek if we could.

Add him, another top CM and get rid of Elneny. That's business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom