• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@Rasmi we don't ask for Leicester type signings we want man City type signings.

Also @Rasmi we don't scout we don't have any scouts.

How did we sign lokonga and tavares if we have no scouts? Make it make sense.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The annoying thing with Aouar is that whilst I felt like going far away from this signing due to his and his brother's behavior and attitude, he's just a perfect fit for us in what we'd need to add to our side.

Would love to have his worldclass ability to receive a ball under pressure with his back to the opposition goal and just turn and pass the first defender and open up play in transition.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The annoying thing with Aouar is that whilst I felt like going far away from this signing due to his and his brother's behavior and attitude, he's just a perfect fit for us in what we'd need to add to our side.

Would love to have his worldclass ability to receive a ball under pressure with his back to the opposition goal and just turn and pass the first defender and open up play in transition.
He has the mentality of a log of french Algerians. Very good technically, a lot of them are not very serious and professional

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He has the mentality of a log of french Algerians. Very good technically, a lot of them are not very serious and professional

Agree, but maybe we get worse public putladh on him than he actually deserves personally.
It's often heightened and not fully true, so I'd like to reserve my final judgement him for now.

He's been incredibly in their CL run and if he grows up and matures a bit, does this more often, he's amazing.

Malky

Established Member
Edu is proving to be a little ****. He has a metric **** tonne to do this summer before I change my mind on that guy.
Unless August is absolutely wild with transfers (in and out) Edu has failed. Can't be talking about the biggest squad overhaul in club history, telling us they've had it planned for months and know exactly who they want, etc, then come the 28th of July they've still not sold a single player and the only signings they've made are a back up LB and a 21 year old CM from Belgium.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Unless August is absolutely wild with transfers (in and out) Edu has failed. Can't be talking about the biggest squad overhaul in club history, telling us they've had it planned for months and know exactly who they want, etc, then come the 28th of July they've still not sold a single player and the only signings they've made are a back up LB and a 21 year old CM from Belgium.
We are just frustrated, he hasn’t done a bad job, everyone would struggle to clear out the deadwood at this club with the contracts they are on.

He made a good start with Mustafi, Sokratis and sadly Özil.

Generally, his signings have been good, even the likes of Mari. This regime is at least targeting the right players, which is why we were so excited at the start of the window. Let’s see how it plays out.

Doesn't ESR exactly offer this, or is the grass greener on the other side!?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We are just frustrated, he hasn’t done a bad job, everyone would struggle to clear out the deadwood at this club with the contracts they are on.

Generally, his signings have been good, even the likes of Mari. This regime is at least targeting the right players, which is why we were so excited at the start of the window. Let’s see how it plays out.

It's like giving a man a job to shovel 20 tonnes of poo and he's done 8 tonnes of it but his boss has a go at him.

Doesn't make any sense, an almost impossible task for anyone, they're working through it well and people still find the time to abuse Edu.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Doesn't ESR exactly offer this, or is the grass greener on the other side!?

I've loved ESR more than almost anyone on that forum from the day he had his first apperance against Atletico under Emery and I insisted on him rising to the top from that point on, even when he got injured and many ruled him out.

Just like with Saka, one of the big supporters, fan of some young guns and a constant advocate for youth
Nothing to do with that.

I want strong depth, I want some different profiles also. Aouar and ESR have some similarities but are also very very different.
Aouar aint no AM, he's a CM for me.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

He paid those players off though, anyone could do that. Özil was almost getting his full wage on top of his wage at his new club.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He paid those players off though, anyone could do that. Özil was almost getting his full wage on top of his wage at his new club.
It had to be done. Nobody was touching them players. Whilst I am frustrated, I am also pleased that they seem to be wanting rid of the same players as the fans, and are targeting the right profile players. Let’s see where we are in a few weeks.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Edu is a rookie and it clearly shows. It's pretty insane that we have newbies running the show in all the most important positions.

jeremypkw

So who do we need to sell in each position before we can make a move for our targets?

Bellerin AND Cedric?
Xhaka, Torreira AND Willock?
Lacazette AND Nketiah?

Do you think we'd be happy moving just 1 of each option?

That's still a **** load to do in a month. Let's hope Amazon get their cameras setup soon so it forces some action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom