• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Its obviously poor now, due to his awful performances last season. At the time it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as it currently looks.

What was given to him, in terms of wages and signing on fee was pretty in line with his experience, quality & the fact he was a free agent.

Chelsea offered him very similar wages, but a shorter contract and signing on fee.

It was a poor decision then, as well. Everyone knew how this was going to pan out, but we soldiered on anyway.

Regardless, we're stuck with him for the remainder of his contract most likely.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Alright brother calm down. I just remember you saying we've got rid of all our scouts in prior posts. You said we basically signed Lokonga because Kompany recommended him. You don't think we scouted him at all after Kompany recommended the kid? Because that's a bit silly if the club purely go off of recommendations and completely unrealistic. We'll heavily scout players, wether thats through video analysis or actually going to watch them play.

A lot of people lost their jobs because the football club is a business, you can't keep people on the payroll for 2 years who wont have any job at the club for a very long time. Whilst it may seem unethical to some, its just common business sense. The club were streamlining regardless, any big organisation does the same thing. Look at the amount of jobs HSBC had to cut and such. So I don't see this as a wrong move from the club, despite it being horrible for the people who lost jobs. They did however receive nice packages to see them through the worst periods and were getting paid for quite a few months before getting sacked.

I don't think the club can do no wrong, i've openly said multiple times the many things the club got wrong. But thanks for your concern and I hope this clears a lot of things up.
You're high off your own smoke, the scouting deprtment was decimated, never said we had zero scouts, but we effectively destroyed it.

Given the club in the past has gone against the scouts recommendations previously in signing players like Mustafi and Perez, being "silly" and using statdna and Kompany wouldnt surprise me, even though it is likely we did some scouting but I imagine not something that would be considered due diligence.

Yes we should definitely improve the club and streamline where we can, but throwing the baby out with the bathwater is what we managed to achieve. The scouts records speak for themselves, Edu has zero credibility and no record to speak of.

Please read, a quick google will show provide you with several more examples and more information because you seem to have a short memory.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Might be it for me if we kick off the 2021 season with Elneny starting.

Our summer is already a huge failure imo, unless a miracle happens.
We're in such a mess, I don't even know where to start. The season is starting in 2 weeks and...:

- We still have to sell/loan 1/4 of this squad: Bellerin, Willian, Kolasinac, Runarsson, Xhaka, Niles, Nketiah, Torreira, Nelson. That's 9 players who we're looking to sell. +/- Lacazette who might be gone if a good offer comes on the table.

- No matter what happens, the Arsenal team that is going to start the season is going to be worse than the one from last year: White & Saka are going to miss games, they still haven't returned to preseason. Gabriel is injured. Xhaka is gone. Martinelli gonna be missing too. Ødegaard has returned to Madrid.
Our only additions that are going to start the season are bench players, I don't expect them to have an immediat impact.

- Our first 3 games are Brentford away, Chelsea home and Man City away. It's not crazy to think that we might get 0 or 1/9 pts out of 3 games, (we gonna play holding mari, elneny, willian might get some minutes if Saka isn't ready), and it could turn our season to ****, Mikel gonna be on huge pressure arriving september, the atmosphere might get toxic fast.

- July has gone, and we're still not anything close to a signature that might improve in a significant way our team from last year.
White is a solid addition, and I'm sure he will be an improvement, but we were already a solid defence last year by the numbers, I'm not sure if he's gonna have a significant impact right away. Is he going to make us better? For sure. Was he the signing to take this team to the next level? I'm not sure.
One month to go and we still have to do at least 3 major signings, 2 in midfield and one right back if we want to compete. But we're not anything close from that.
Even if they come, this is going to be like Partey last season which needed some time to be ready to play in the PL.

I don't have huge expectations for our start of the season. :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You're high off your own smoke, the scouting deprtment was decimated, never said we had zero scouts, but we effectively destroyed it.

Given the club in the past has gone against the scouts recommendations previously in signing players like Mustafi and Perez, being "silly" and using statdna and Kompany wouldnt surprise me, even though it is likely we did some scouting but I imagine not something that would be considered due diligence.

Yes we should definitely improve the club and streamline where we can, but throwing the baby out with the bathwater is what we managed to achieve. The scouts records speak for themselves, Edu has zero credibility and no record to speak of.

Please read, a quick google will show provide you with several more examples and more information because you seem to have a short memory.

There's no issue here with what happened.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Our summer is already a huge failure imo, unless a miracle happens.
We're in such a mess, I don't even know where to start. The season is starting in 2 weeks and...:

- We still have to sell/loan 1/4 of this squad: Bellerin, Willian, Kolasinac, Runarsson, Xhaka, Niles, Nketiah, Torreira, Nelson. That's 9 players who we're looking to sell. +/- Lacazette who might be gone if a good offer comes on the table.

- No matter what happens, the Arsenal team that is going to start the season is going to be worse than the one from last year: White & Saka are going to miss games, they still haven't returned to preseason. Gabriel is injured. Xhaka is gone. Martinelli gonna be missing too. Ødegaard has returned to Madrid.
Our only additions that are going to start the season are bench players, I don't expect them to have an immediat impact.

- Our first 3 games are Brentford away, Chelsea home and Man City away. It's not crazy to think that we might get 0 or 1/9 pts out of 3 games, (we gonna play holding mari, elneny, willian might get some minutes if Saka isn't ready), and it could turn our season to ****, Mikel gonna be on huge pressure arriving september, the atmosphere might get toxic fast.

- July has gone, and we're still not anything close to a signature that might improve in a significant way our team from last year.
White is a solid addition, and I'm sure he will be an improvement, but we were already a solid defence last year by the numbers, I'm not sure if he's gonna have a significant impact right away. Is he going to make us better? For sure. Was he the signing to take this team to the next level? I'm not sure.
One month to go and we still have to do at least 3 major signings, 2 in midfield and one right back if we want to compete. But we're not anything close from that.
Even if they come, this is going to be like Partey last season which needed some time to be ready to play in the PL.

I don't have huge expectations for our start of the season. :lol:
No offence bro but do you really want Ceballos as your AVI? Was quite **** overall and has said some unsavoury things about Catalans and Basque’s.

GDeep™

League is very weak
No offence bro but do you really want Ceballos as your AVI? Was quite **** overall and has said some unsavoury things about Catalans and Basque’s.
What’s wrong with saying unsavoury things? You think this world is all rainbows and lollipops or something.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What’s wrong with saying unsavoury things? You think this world is all rainbows and lollipops or something.

So true, some people actually need to hear unsavoury things to better themselves. The truth really does hurt, i've been hurt countless times on here by certain posters. But I came back stronger and now me and @OnlyOne share the same missus.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Reactions: A_G

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He was young when he said it, I’m sure in years to come he’ll come to regret those comments and maybe even make amends.

The EDL would hate me btw.
Some of the comments were when he was an adult if I recall. I was 17-18 only 6-7 years ago (same age as Ceballos), I wasn’t spouting racist **** like that on Facebook or whatever was the thing back then.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@HairSprayGooners when do you think we’ll get top new signings? You sounded worried yesterday. When an astute and formidable guy like yourself gets worried I know something is wrong.

I think White gets announced Friday/over the weekend. The week after that we'll finally see some outs. In the final two weeks of the window I think we see two fairly big top new signings and then a backup keeper. Right back I'm very 50/50 on happening.

Only reason I'm worried is no main names besides White for the first game of the season.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I thought things would pick up pace after we really knew for sure Locatelli wasnt gonna happen.
Yeah I know, we could've seen that earlier but still, that is where I felt we'd have a concret bid show up for the same profile of player and have it done quickly.

Far too slow now, bit annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom