• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Our summer is already a huge failure imo, unless a miracle happens.
We're in such a mess, I don't even know where to start. The season is starting in 2 weeks and...:

- We still have to sell/loan 1/4 of this squad: Bellerin, Willian, Kolasinac, Runarsson, Xhaka, Niles, Nketiah, Torreira, Nelson. That's 9 players who we're looking to sell. +/- Lacazette who might be gone if a good offer comes on the table.

- No matter what happens, the Arsenal team that is going to start the season is going to be worse than the one from last year: White & Saka are going to miss games, they still haven't returned to preseason. Gabriel is injured. Xhaka is gone. Martinelli gonna be missing too. Ødegaard has returned to Madrid.
Our only additions that are going to start the season are bench players, I don't expect them to have an immediat impact.

- Our first 3 games are Brentford away, Chelsea home and Man City away. It's not crazy to think that we might get 0 or 1/9 pts out of 3 games, (we gonna play holding mari, elneny, willian might get some minutes if Saka isn't ready), and it could turn our season to ****, Mikel gonna be on huge pressure arriving september, the atmosphere might get toxic fast.

- July has gone, and we're still not anything close to a signature that might improve in a significant way our team from last year.
White is a solid addition, and I'm sure he will be an improvement, but we were already a solid defence last year by the numbers, I'm not sure if he's gonna have a significant impact right away. Is he going to make us better? For sure. Was he the signing to take this team to the next level? I'm not sure.
One month to go and we still have to do at least 3 major signings, 2 in midfield and one right back if we want to compete. But we're not anything close from that.
Even if they come, this is going to be like Partey last season which needed some time to be ready to play in the PL.

I don't have huge expectations for our start of the season. :lol:

Its fairly likely we'll have a lot of business sorted by the City game as its on the 28th. Brentford away we should be winning regardless and I actually back us a fair bit against Chelsea at home considering they'll be missing a few players.

I dislike that we haven't done the main bits by the first game of the season, like many on here. But a lot of teams are really struggling to get stuff done, it isn't just us. Which isn't an excuse... But we are relying on players leaving first to create squad space.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Preparing a radar comparison for strikers and found something I thought was interesting so started digging a little. Abraham has been touted both as someone who's good in the air and someone who's not good at all...

These are header stats per 90 for Abraham, Calvert-Lewin, Giroud and Lewandowski. Anyone care to guess which is Tammy?

1627481112915.png

EDIT: Mods, didn't want to bump the Abraham thread but feel free to move if it should be there

Hjalmaar

Preparing a radar comparison for strikers and found something I thought was interesting so started digging a little. Abraham has been touted both as someone who's good in the air and someone who's not good at all...

These are header stats per 90 for Abraham, Calvert-Lewin, Giroud and Lewandowski. Anyone care to guess which is Tammy?

View attachment 3804

EDIT: Mods, didn't want to bump the Abraham thread but feel free to move if it should be there
From top to bottom:
DCL
Tammy
Giroud
Lewa

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

Is this guy legit?

Wouldn’t want Bruno Guimarães as we could have got him a lot cheaper before he moved to Lyon. You have to go for Caqueret if we’re keen on someone from there.
Good player, fbref has him high in tackles, pressures, progressive carries and passes and decently high in xA + xG even though he only scored 3 and assisted 1 last season.

I'm quite high on Caqueret myself, though. Would rather we go for him. Also feels stupid given that we were linked with him when he cost about half. Liked him then as well.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
ESR, Saka, Auba, Pepe, Martinelli for the 3 roles behind the striker. Spend 10 million on Adli or 20 million on Aouar to get the 6th player.

Then go big on the position that make sense to go big on.

Xhaka has been a mainstay, a leader and a professional for 5 years. Someone who is able to play maximum game time every season. We need to buy a 24 year old who can play next time Partey and make us think twice about Tierney being the next captain.

Spend 60 + million on that player. Not a forward not an am. A ****ing cm to be the guy for the next 5 years.
"And then he said, Xhaka was a leader and a professional..."

Laugh Lol GIF

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

Is this guy legit?

Wouldn’t want Bruno Guimarães as we could have got him a lot cheaper before he moved to Lyon. You have to go for Caqueret if we’re keen on someone from there.

I remember Edu being interested in bringing this guy in while he was still in Brazil for cheap.

But it couldn't happen. Kia needed to walk him around Europe a bit to pocket those hefty agent fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom