• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Tierney was performing at a high level for Celtic and Scotland, he wasn't unearthed. He also cost £25M. But we can count him, is that it? In 5 years? That's what you deem good enough to keep scouts? Its a no from me.
We scouted him long before we signed him, if wed signed him when it was recommended it wouldve been for much less. Thats just one of the players that the club didnt choose to ignore. You can see the point at which stadna and Gazizdis took over and the scouts were ignored.

I guess the signings of Soares, Mari and Willian proved how brilliant Edu and Arteta are at scouting and we should definitely have ignored and got rid of the entire scouting network.

Edit: again I cant compete with the genius that thinks Soares, Mari and Willian were worth nearly 20 million in transfer fees and fk knows how much on wages. I must learn to think more as you put it. Who do you think should be streamlined next - the bus driver? the ticket collecters? Arteta and Edu can run the whole lot because of covid Im sure

Last edited:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Preparing a radar comparison for strikers and found something I thought was interesting so started digging a little. Abraham has been touted both as someone who's good in the air and someone who's not good at all...

These are header stats per 90 for Abraham, Calvert-Lewin, Giroud and Lewandowski. Anyone care to guess which is Tammy?

View attachment 3804

EDIT: Mods, didn't want to bump the Abraham thread but feel free to move if it should be there
Are you going to put us out of our misery on this one? Is Tammy the hold-up striker that we are looking for after all?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's us or other clubs with big squad struggling to sell thier deadwood? We entering August in 3 days and guys like Kola and Torreira still here.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

@HairSprayGooners when do you think we’ll get top new signings? You sounded worried yesterday. When an astute and formidable guy like yourself gets worried I know something is wrong.
@HairSprayGooners running out of...
E7AXf3TWUAEpmNl

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Do you ever stop trying to argue something that hasnt been mentioned, sick of it. You asked how we ended up with 2 players without scouting them and I pointed out how.

Now you're trying to suggest I said we fired every scout - no we didnt but we fired the vast majority of them. But Id dint say that so I dont know why you brought it up with me.

A lot of people lost their jobs who were very good at them and very loyal to the club that have not been rehired, so no it wasnt just covid. This is where you need to think a little bit more.

I get your whole attitude around the club can do no wrong but this is getting delusional, and very very condescending.

We scouted him long before we signed him, if wed signed him when it was recommended it wouldve been for much less. Thats just one of the players that the club didnt choose to ignore. You can see the point at which stadna and Gazizdis took over and the scouts were ignored.

I guess the signings of Soares, Mari and Willian proved how brilliant Edu and Arteta are at scouting and we should definitely have ignored and got rid of the entire scouting network.

Edit: again I cant compete with the genius that thinks Soares, Mari and Willian were worth nearly 20 million in transfer fees and fk knows how much on wages. I must learn to think more as you put it. Who do you think should be streamlined next - the bus driver? the ticket collecters? Arteta and Edu can run the whole lot because of covid Im sure

Make it make sense?

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Are you going to put us out of our misery on this one? Is Tammy the hold-up striker that we are looking for after all?
Well, I'll tell you this - he won more headers in both absolute and relative numbers than Giroud last season and is not far off the big man for success rate for headers overall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom