• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
We also have to look at internal solutions. The likes of Azeez, Nelson, Maitland-Niles (in midfield) MUST be given a chance to impress in pre-season before a solid decision is made on whether we can use them as part of the squad. Azeez in particular
may be a long shot to save us a few bob if he impresses.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think Arteta eventually wants 3 in midfield. Neves anchoring with Partey and Lokonga either side would look pretty nice

I disagree. I think he wants to be able to switch between 433/4231 when he wants and wants players who can do multiple jobs. In a 433 I think he'd play Partey or Lokonga at the base. Partey and Lokonga in a 433 with Neves holding has even less creativity than we do now.

Diesel

Pathetic summer, for the 10th year in a row. Pathetic club.
Agreed. I used to be so confused when the "i dont even care anymore" fan would pop up and just express utter disappointment before the season even started. Im pretty much at that point. If we sign someone.. its some pleb like white. We had our worst ever season in like 2 decades and the answer has been to replace david luiz. Correct me if im wrong but we have only added 1 staple first 11er and even his medical takes 2 days. Nice.

db10fan

🤩

If he’s Tier 1 then hopefully this one comes true aswell.

Tyler Adams looks like a good option.
If this for CM we just bought Lokonga who is similar age and profile. If this for RB he played more as CM than RB. Good talent though maybe not what we need.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It's a poor window so far, but I do feel a big transfer will still happen. Remains to be seen whether that be a CM, CAM or Forward.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Bruno and Maddison turn this window into a brilliant one. With a backup keeper that's a 8/10 window. New right back would be 9/10. Then a striker on top 10/10.
Depends what keeper, RB and striker we sign. But yes Bruno and Maddison/Ødegaard would be a great start.

1 other person

Would wanna go into the new season looking somewhat like this

————— — Leno —————
Bellerin - Holding - Gabriel - Tierney
————— — White —————
—————ESR - Partey ————
—————— Laca ——————
———Pepe ————Saka ———

Auba, willock, Martinelli, lokonga are quality options. Add auoar and I honestly feel we’ve a pretty good team to build upon

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Season is over before it’s even started. There is no chance we are putting up a fight for top
4, never mind getting it.
Hasn't this been quite obvious for some time though? Like since last season ended? Our ambition should of course "always" be top 4 and CL qualification, but I think the demand we can put on the club/Edu/Mikel whoever is in charge is top 6 and EL

tcahill

Too many doomsdayers on this thread.

We're clearly buying a CM when Xhaka leaves. This has been corroborated by several tier 1 sources. As further evidence, we've already bid 40 mill for Locatelli.

We don't want to risk being stuck with Xhaka and a new CM, our squad is too large as it is. Once Roma stop messing around and take Xhaka, we'll have our new CM.

There's also plenty of indication that we're buying another creative mid. Ødegaard is our number 1 target, again corroborated by several good sources.

Yes I agree that it's painful we have to wait until the end of the window but as someone said earlier the market is gridlocked, once the dominoes fall we'll get our players. I'd rather have the right player in the squad than the wrong one just because we wanted to act early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom