• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No, he plays LW in a rotation with Saka and Pepe. He can occasionally fill in at CM/CAM aswell.

Basically, say we sign Ødegaard tomorrow, and Partey is injured vs Brentford:

-------Xhaka
Ødegaard Willock
Pepe---Auba---ESR

So then you block off Martinelli's game time. Willian is also still here. He will need minutes...

There's a lot of players here for a side with no European football. It's gonna be a one in one out policy until the end of the window and I think we will now sign a marquee player, a RB and a backup keeper.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
So then you block off Martinelli's game time. Willian is also still here. He will need minutes...

There's a lot of players here for a side with no European football. It's gonna be a one in one out policy until the end of the window and I think we will now sign a marquee player, a RB and a backup keeper.
Why does Willian need minutes? If we go by your logic, there is no need to sign anyone. The squad is bloated, but that shouldn't block us from signing better players, because half the players aren't good enough. They don't have to be registered.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why does Willian need minutes? If we go by your logic, there is no need to sign anyone. The squad is bloated, but that shouldn't block us from signing better players, because half the players aren't good enough. They don't have to be registered.

No. My logic is fairly simple. There's a need to improve the starting 11. But there's also a need to get rid of players first. Otherwise you have a stupid amount of players not getting minutes on dumb wages which makes no sense.

Ideally you want two players per position and then maybe a couple of utility lads like Chambers and Willian (if we can't get rid).

If I had it my way then Xhaka out upgrade in. Bellerin out upgrade in. Laca out Martinez in. Willian out Maddison in.

But we can't get everything. I'm expecting one forward of some sort, a right back and a backup keeper.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Interesting point. Given our failure to sell anyone, I think we will end having to not register at least one player in the squad. Wonder who that will be.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Open the transfer forum and the names in the thread titles are so uninspiring. Xhaka staying, no new CM, trying to buy Ødegaard for 75m

Might give this season a miss

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I mean looks like Partey could be out for a while... depending on the time frame I'd actually use Lokonga.
3 weeks is all it took from Sambi go from a youngster for the future to ready. Partey injury is blessing because it reminds the club once again we need another cm. if this don’t convince them, nothing will. Either way it’s good because one step closer to Arteta be gone in November like I been saying for the longest

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
3 weeks is all it took from Sambi go from a youngster for the future to ready. Partey injury is blessing because it reminds the club once again we need another cm. if this don’t convince them, nothing will. Either way it’s good because one step closer to Arteta be gone in November like I been saying for the longest

Once again just not talking much sense. Lokonga was always a backup for Partey everyone knew that.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Once again just not talking much sense. Lokonga was always a backup for Partey everyone knew that.
So he is basically brought as 3rd midfielder. The kid has already had 2 serious injuries in his career and will be overused this season. Partey looks to be out for 3 months and with xhaka future undecided this kid will be mainstay in the team

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So he is basically brought as 3rd midfielder. The kid has already had 2 serious injuries in his career and will be overused this season. Partey looks to be out for 3 months and with xhaka future undecided this kid will be mainstay in the team

Yes that what he was bought for. To replace Cebellos. He isnt really a kid either he's almost 22 now. Partey does not look to be out for 3 months where you getting that from?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Don't know if this has been posted, but this is the reality of the market yet again. I think in the last few weeks we'll see lots of loans/options/obligations to buy.

Hassenhutle nailed the situation of this market with his quote. Not sure if it was last year but it still clearly remains a factor now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom