• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why are people talking about Messi signing for us? Forget the finance or that we're mid-table, the guy used to play with guys that kept Cesc out of the team, imagine playing him with plodder supreme xhaka lol. In the past it was still possible due to Wenger pull but now our manager is a la macia reject who thinks the aforementioned plodder supreme to be a key player

You think Wenger could've pulled Messi thats really cute. In other news on planet zorg.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Yep exactly! Should've just shoved a few out the door very early to stop the pressure.

What do you mean by 'shove out the door', 'usher out the door'? These players are on contracts, they're not gatecrashers at a party, can't just kick them out. Everyone wants to get rid of their deadwood and no one can, if the solution was as easy as "shove out the door" then wouldn't they have done that already.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Finally starting to question the clubs lack of strategy? Edus been on holiday twice over the summer btw, probably his busiest time work wise. Guy is a fraud.

I think there's always been a strategy. But executing that strategy has been the problem. Edu being on holiday shouldn't do much. You You stuff via zoom, via WhatsApp etc these days. He can be smoking a spliff abroad and do a deal for Guendouzi.

Also clubs have payments to make, why didn't City activate the Grealish clause sooner? Why wait until there's a week until the season starts? There's a reason why everything happens in the final couple of weeks of the window.

So I don't blame anyone yet, not until the windows over. I want to judge them when the window has shut its just difficult watching days go by very quietly.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arsenal are plotting to sign English goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale and Norway midfielder Sander Berge from Sheffield United, but a combined bid of £50m may not be enough to land the 23-year-old pair. (Star
Your thoughts on the pair? @bingobob

Berge in particular.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

We are like the underpants gnomes from South Park...

Step 1. Target every player in the world.
Step 2. ?
Step 3. Win the Champions League.

..we are so close to greatest, yet so far!
Sad Kristen Bell GIF

This comment genuinely hits home for me. I don’t think anyone can argue this isn’t the case by now. It’s such a tragicomic state of how we’re being managed

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Your thoughts on the pair? @bingobob

Berge in particular.
Truthfully I think they'd be smart additions. I've made my thoughts on young English players clear. They are producing top level players and with a world cup on the horizon which they should be favourites or near favourites to win they will be playing out of their skin to make the squad. Another reason I'm keen on Maddison. I think we need that short term boost to get our goals. Norway could and should be the next Belgium in terms of talent. A small nation producing players beyond the level which they should. Ajer, Berge, Ødegaard, Haaland. That's a spine thats at the age to grow over the next 8 to 12 years.

If it was one or the other it would be Berge. A big, strong midfielder to partner Partey. That's a solid pairing. Both comfortable with the ball and progressive in play. Put Berge alongside superior players I think he goes up levels. Also helps he is a significant upgrade on Elneny. Of all names linked in that position he would be my preference.
Edit.
I'd prefer another keeper than Ramsdale as I think there are better out there especially for him to be a backup. But if he comes in I suspect its to replace Leno short term and he will get my backing as will any player that pulls on the shirt.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So 25 days to to get 3 signings and try to sell 7 lol. We need to end the window with squad total of 25 the lack of interest of our deadwood is really frightening specially the non homegrown or young players even AMN Nelson Nektiah attract little interest i wonder what thier agents doing all summer

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The latest comments seem a prelude to a mad trolley dash. We are focusing so much on what is happening in the transfer window.

Auba--------Laca--------Pepe
----------------ESR
-------Xhaka------Elneny
Tierney----------------Chambers
----------Mari---White
--------------Leno

That is probably how we will line up in the first game. I wouldn't even be surprised if Willian started. Without Partey for the first 3 games and Saka probably being rushed back after the first game.

You are looking at a very high possibility of us getting barely anything from our first 3 fixtures. Could you imagine the atmosphere around the fanbase? It will be incredibly toxic, with the only way of lifting it by going big on Maddison. I dont even think buying Ødegaard will appease the fans. Lower fees for a complete squad and shifting deadwood would also make fans happy. Or a Martinez like signing. However, just imagine 3 bad results, a failure to shift and sign. Going into the new season with practically the same squad as last season. It will be shambolic. Arteta wont have a chance.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
The latest comments seem a prelude to a mad trolley dash. We are focusing so much on what is happening in the transfer window.

Auba--------Laca--------Pepe
----------------ESR
-------Xhaka------Elneny
Tierney----------------Chambers
----------Mari---White
--------------Leno

That is probably how we will line up in the first game. I wouldn't even be surprised if Willian started. Without Partey for the first 3 games and Saka probably being rushed back after the first game.

You are looking at a very high possibility of us getting barely anything from our first 3 fixtures. Could you imagine the atmosphere around the fanbase? It will be incredibly toxic, with the only way of lifting it by going big on Maddison. I dont even think buying Ødegaard will appease the fans. Lower fees for a complete squad and shifting deadwood would also make fans happy. Or a Martinez like signing. However, just imagine 3 bad results, a failure to shift and sign. Going into the new season with practically the same squad as last season. It will be shambolic. Arteta wont have a chance.
A win against Brentford is absolutely essential and its going to be a really tough match as well. We've been rusty in pre-season so I'm not confident but we've got to get those 3 points. Then that takes a little pressure off the next couple of matches. We will get some points in the big matches because Arteta sets up well for them - it's consistency against the rest that will determine our season.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A win against Brentford is absolutely essential and its going to be a really tough match as well. We've been rusty in pre-season so I'm not confident but we've got to get those 3 points. Then that takes a little pressure off the next couple of matches. We will get some points in the big matches because Arteta sets up well for them - it's consistency against the rest that will determine our season.
Slightly disagree with the big matches. City beat us in 2nd gear last season. Scored when they wanted. I dont feel we can trouble Chelsea defensively. Even if we set up well, a mistake or 2 will cost us especially if we concede first. I cant see us beating Brentford. Maybe a draw.

1 point from 3 games with the window still to close will force panic buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom