• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Fans turning their noses up at Berge? I doubt they’ve seen him play.

And why does he keep getting compared to Xhaka, they’re totally different.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Fans turning their noses up at Berge? I doubt they’ve seen him play.

And why does he keep getting compared to Xhaka, they’re totally different.

Because neither are good enough for a team wishing to compete and neither have mobility.

I agree though, they have a different style of play. Berge would be a big upgrade on El Nenny, but he is far away from Partey and arguably not better than Xhaka. Arteta will like Berge because they share a similar playing style - im talking the Arsenal version of Arteta and not the PSG or Everton version who was actually quality.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't mind Berge as a Elneny replacement, I just want to see that guy out the door asap. But we need a better first XI and Berge doesn't help with that. It's another smart long-term signing that doesn't help in the here and now.

Ramsdale could be a fine back-up, could even be a starter one day, Kasper Schmeichel was still playing in the Championship at his age, but again it's a bad allocation of resources when the first XI needs upgrading.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
My hope is that Xhaka is our 3rd choice midfielder (Elneny replacement if you like) and we sign another starter, either this window or next. Signing Berge just makes that less likely, don't see the point - give the minutes to Lokonga.

Goonger

Because neither are good enough for a team wishing to compete and neither have mobility.

I agree though, they have a different style of play. Berge would be a big upgrade on El Nenny, but he is far away from Partey and arguably not better than Xhaka. Arteta will like Berge because they share a similar playing style - im talking the Arsenal version of Arteta and not the PSG or Everton version who was actually quality.

Rsenal Arteta like Berge? First time I've seen that comparison. Berge isn't a holding midfielder who's main asset is his distribution for a start. He's much more mobile, hence why he's played right midfield a lot of the time for Sheffield Utd.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Rsenal Arteta like Berge? First time I've seen that comparison. Berge isn't a holding midfielder who's main asset is his distribution for a start. He's much more mobile, hence why he's played right midfield a lot of the time for Sheffield Utd.

He is much more mobile. He always seems to pick the ball up deep the few times I've saw him play for Sheff. I'm more thinking technical but safe footballer ala Mikel.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Tbf, Berge is somewhat of the same type as Sambi. He has talent, but Sambi has the higher ceiling. Would be in if Sambi wasn't here. I can agree that he's a better pick than Elneny though but not for the price of 30M+.

Malky

Established Member
If we fail to buy anyone from this point it will be worse than the Cech window.
Waiting for people to come out with " we signed White, Lokonga and Tavares " ignoring the fact that Edu has managed to sell no one, loaned out guys like Saliba and literally paid some players to leave. The man talked about a full squad overhaul and has failed massively.
The full window, at this point, has been a disaster.

Let's play Aubamawang

Rumours are that Messi's sick of performing at the top level, can't be bothered with midweek games any more, so he's going to come to Arsenal for just £800k a week
Well he is getting older. No midweek games will probably add a couple of years on to his career so he can continue playing along with Ronaldo til they're both 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom