• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

According to Rac1 we asked about Firpo today seem barca told us he not available

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Mundo Deportivo also have a little information, picking up on Romero’s claim and stating that while there was no agreement for Firpo, the Spanish club would have been more than happy to let him go had they received a ‘convincing offer’.

It seems Arsenal’s effort did not meet that criteria then, but perhaps this is one to keep an eye on for the summer when Firpo will almost certainly be leaving Catalonia.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Mundo Deportivo also have a little information, picking up on Romero’s claim and stating that while there was no agreement for Firpo, the Spanish club would have been more than happy to let him go had they received a ‘convincing offer’.

It seems Arsenal’s effort did not meet that criteria then, but perhaps this is one to keep an eye on for the summer when Firpo will almost certainly be leaving Catalonia.
And by "convincing offer" they probably mean paying over the top for him. In the summer we'll be able to pay much less, especially as Barcelona's financial situation gets worst and desperate.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
And by "convincing offer" they probably mean paying over the top for him. In the summer we'll be able to pay much less, especially as Barcelona's financial situation gets worst and desperate.
No idea if it's reliable but I've seen that the asking price is reportedly €22m. I don't know if they'd spend that on someone who will be viewed predominately as a back up.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
No idea if it's reliable but I've seen that the asking price is reportedly €22m. I don't know if they'd spend that on someone who will be viewed predominately as a back up.
Who knows? Maybe the Pep effect is strong with Arteta? We'll start blowing massive amounts of money only on fullbacks...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

A few young LBs in the Championship like Richards or Buchanan.

I like Anguissa and Berge who are probably going down as well.

Main priority for me would be one of the Brexit ballers be it Mads or Grealish. Cash in on a few players and buy cheap elsewhere to make it happen.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Barca are so screwed they'd probably take 15m tbh. Plus Tierney misses between 10-20 games a season, so it might be good to have a back-up who's actually decent, and not just a 30 year old mid-table PL LB. Firpo is 6ft, a good athlete, can play CB and RB at a stretch.

Throw them a lowball offer for Dembele while we're at it.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
A few young LBs in the Championship like Richards or Buchanan.

I like Anguissa and Berge who are probably going down as well.

Main priority for me would be one of the Brexit ballers be it Mads or Grealish. Cash in on a few players and buy cheap elsewhere to make it happen.

What are Anguissa and Berge offering though? I'm more convinced recently by Bissouma, for 30m you know you're getting a good player with still more room to grow.

You know I might just lowball Madrid with like a 15-20m offer for Ceballos, maybe lowball a 30m offer for Ødegaard if he does well. Partey, Xhaka, Bissouma, Ceballos, Ødegaard and ESR as your midfield options.

Tbh i'd just find out which clubs in Europe have financial problems and I'd lowball the f*ck out of them. This could be the summer of the lowball.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Barca are so screwed they'd probably take 15m tbh. Plus Tierney misses between 10-20 games a season, so it might be good to have a back-up who's actually decent, and not just a 30 year old mid-table PL LB. Firpo is 6ft, a good athlete, can play CB and RB at a stretch.

Throw them a lowball offer for Dembele while we're at it.

Yeah the club’s on the brink of a financial meltdown.

They’re paying Messi more than Lewis Hamilton, Tom Brady, LeBron, Ronaldo and Mane combined :lol:.

Then Griezmann bless him refused to sign for anything less than a fifth of whatever Messi makes.

I read De Jong is on a 10M base salary and Umtiti has two and a half years left on a 12.5M salary. That’s more than van Dijk makes.

Banter club.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What are Anguissa and Berge offering though? I'm more convinced recently by Bissouma, for 30m you know you're getting a good player with still more room to grow.

You know I might just lowball Madrid with like a 15-20m offer for Ceballos, maybe lowball a 30m offer for Ødegaard if he does well. Partey, Xhaka, Bissouma, Ceballos, Ødegaard and ESR as your midfield options.

Tbh i'd just find out which clubs in Europe have financial problems and I'd lowball the f*ck out of them. This could be the summer of the lowball.

Ive been really impressed with Anguissa. He’s far too good for a club in the bottom three.

Seems to be good in the tackle and likes to carry the ball as well. An all action midfielder who I think would fit well with Partey.

Berge is in a similar mould but he comes with the bonus of being matey with Haaland so he and MØ can work on him for Summer 2022.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

They’re paying Messi more than Lewis Hamilton, Tom Brady, LeBron, Ronaldo and Mane combined :lol:.

Then Griezmann bless him refused to sign for anything less than a fifth of whatever Messi makes.

I read De Jong is on a 10M base salary and Umtiti has two and a half years left on a 12.5M salary. That’s more than van Dijk makes.

Banter club.

Jokes if they get bought by Saudi Arabia, it's "less que un club" now, you pricks.

Apparently they might even have to sell one of the gems, De Jong or Fati. Fati only has 18 months left on his deal, imagine him and Saka on the wings, baby-faced gunmen. Buying Fati or De Jong off Barca would be ultimate revenge, i'd literally laugh until I died if we pulled that off.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There's a lot of work to do in the summer.

Xhaka and Bellerin are two of our most saleable assets and both have shown they aren't what's required.

Replacing them with better quality with better physical (and technical for Bellerin) players is a must.

Then there's the attacking conundrum. Lacazette should go. I'd move Auba up front and have Martinelli as his deputy. Then get another player for the wings/behind striker. Can't be having Auba on the wings anymore.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal's Summer Transfer Strategy :

1. Sack the vanity project that is Arteta and get a competent manager in.

2. Get rid of Bellerin, Xhaka, Laca, Pepe, Mari & Luiz.

3. Allow the new manager to revise the squad requirements as befits our budget & ambitions.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Banter club.
I don't get what compelled them to give so much money to their players :lol: its not like the players are threatening to get that elsewhere, they are massively overpaying some. Wasnt Suarez on crazy money?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don't get what compelled them to give so much money to their players :lol: its not like the players are threatening to get that elsewhere, they are massively overpaying some. Wasnt Suarez on crazy money?

I think the Messi salary has completely f*cked their wage structure.

Even if he is that good no teammate is going to happy earning 10% of what he’s on.

The guys pulling in 998k a week post tax ffs. That’s absolutely nuts :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think the Messi salary has completely f*cked their wage structure.

Even if he is that good no teammate is going to happy earning 10% of what he’s on.

The guys pulling in 998k a week post tax ffs. That’s absolutely nuts :lol:
Football is so complicated these days, having a goat could actually hamper you if you're run poorly :lol:

I was saying that if I was Barca I would have let Messi leave last summer, especially if they got a transfer fee. It looks like they wouldnt have with his wages but the money saved could have signed them a top class replacement.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
There's a lot of work to do in the summer.

Xhaka and Bellerin are two of our most saleable assets and both have shown they aren't what's required.

Replacing them with better quality with better physical (and technical for Bellerin) players is a must.

Then there's the attacking conundrum. Lacazette should go. I'd move Auba up front and have Martinelli as his deputy. Then get another player for the wings/behind striker. Can't be having Auba on the wings anymore.

I disliked Xhaka massively, but he's improved so much since his sending off. His tackling success rate is very impressive.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Football is so complicated these days, having a goat could actually hamper you if you're run poorly :lol:

I was saying that if I was Barca I would have let Messi leave last summer, especially if they got a transfer fee. It looks like they wouldnt have with his wages but the money saved could have signed them a top class replacement.

If Barcelona play the oncoming period smartly, especially with regard to finances, I think they are in much better shape long-term than they are thought to be. Their youth is seriously good and it's going under the radar because of the shambles they are currently in.

Ansu Fati and Pedri are cracking talents, I think Frenkie de Jong will come good when they stop trying to play him next to players who occupy his favorite spots on the pitch, also. Sergiño Dest, Ilaix Moriba, Riqui Puig, Ronald Araujo, Francisco Trincão, you can throw Ousmane Dembélé in that group, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom