• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Hairspray and little Hairspray are getting worried.

Just 18 days until the season begins, WOW! Lokonga will start the season imo. Not mad about it, love the look of him.

Bellerin and Xhaka are a problem. We can't sign any replacements until they've gone, pain in the arse.

Bidding multiple times for Ramsdale. In the words of Greece, he's the one that we want. Price is absurd but I like the player and thought process.

AM really weird sitch. We've been told Maddison is still number one target for the summer, the marquee signing. It would be nice for some clarity on that soon.

Lots to do, currently the only deal I'm confident about is actually Ramsdale...

This little Hairspray thing, its not serious no?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ye i actually admire your positivity. Proper way to support a club, otherwise whats the point

Its not a life or death subject so i reckon positivity is the way to support your club

I mean same sort of thing with supporting Arteta this season. We all know he isnt going right now. He does kinda deserve a proper summer window. He's managing our club the club we love. So it makes sense to get behind him and see what happens in the new season.

It's a make or break season deffo, but it should be fun supporting your team. I enjoy watching all our games

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I mean same sort of thing with supporting Arteta this season. We all know he isnt going right now. He does kinda deserve a proper summer window. He's managing our club the club we love. So it makes sense to get behind him and see what happens in the new season.

It's a make or break season deffo, but it should be fun supporting your team. I enjoy watching all our games

Preach. I dont hold a lot of faith in Teta but he is here so lets roll with it.
Although i do miss Emery, i Think he could have built something special here during the right circumstances

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Preach. I dont hold a lot of faith in Teta but he is here so lets roll with it.
Although i do miss Emery, i Think he could have built something special here during the right circumstances

I think you could argue that many managers with the right tools could be great in many places.

Look at Ole, I couldn't even imagine Everton going for him if he were available. But he's actually doing alright at United due to the tools given to him. Since he arrived they've hardly made a bum signing. They've spent a lot. But he identified who he wanted and aside from Donny they've achieved their main targets every time.

That's why I'm so intrigued about who we sign and how Arteta does with some quality newcomers. The White signing really excites. He's a joy to watch.

If we fail to get Mikel what he wants and needs then I hold no hope.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If you gave arteta the best player in every position I think he would still not win the league. He makes every player worse

zilfy

So far looking good for arsenal. White and Lokonga are good signings for arsenal, definitely improve arsenal squad. Next are Tammy, Ramsdale and a right back. New fresh team is needed.
Jeez that QPR team looks good this season right? Expecting big things from them

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
So far looking good for arsenal. White and Lokonga are good signings for arsenal, definitely improve arsenal squad. Next are Tammy, Ramsdale and a right back. New fresh team is needed.
I know if you went back on Redcafe you would be laughing at us.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I know if you went back on Redcafe you would be laughing at us.

I’m being honest, only Ramsdale signing made me laugh so hard :lol:

Other than Ramsdale, I thought players like White, Tammy and a new right back would improve arsenal squad a lot. I don’t rate Tammy highly but may be with proper coaching and system, he can be deadly and effective. His finishing and off ball movement can be something you can utilise and turns him into 15-20 league goals striker. Last season, both Auba and Laca weren’t clinical enough in converting their chances, I think new striker is needed.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I’m being honest, only Ramsdale signing made me laugh so hard :lol:

Other than Ramsdale, I thought players like White, Tammy and a new right back would improve arsenal squad a lot. I don’t rate Tammy highly but may be with proper coaching and system, he can be deadly and effective. His finishing and off ball movement can be something you can utilise and turns him into 15-20 league goals striker. Last season, both Auba and Laca weren’t clinical enough in converting their chances, I think new striker is needed.

We didn't create a lot of chances, either.

Auba had been massively outperforming his xG apparently. Creation dried up, plus family and malaria problems didn't help. Lacazette was a bit better this season, but he's one I would like to see moved.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
We didn't create a lot of chances, either.

Auba had been massively outperforming his xG apparently. Creation dried up, plus family and malaria problems didn't help. Lacazette was a bit better this season, but he's one I would like to see moved.

ESR is pretty much likely to be your regular attacking mid. This means you are very unlikely to sign a new no 10. The only way I can see how you will improve your creativity from last season are first by coaching and developing your players and second is signing a new right back who is very good going forward and use the full backs (Tierney and new RB) as main source of creativity like Liverpool under Klopp.

Shaw has developed massively to be one of our most creative player last season despite of criticism he received about his ability in going forward before 2020. If Arteta really can develop players then players like Saka, Tierney and ESR can be developed into better creator for arsenal next season.

Saka in my opinion is not a goalscorer winger, he’s more a creative winger. May be by having a new striker it could improve Saka’s assist number and the same also apply to other players like Tierney and etc.

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
ESR is pretty much likely to be your regular attacking mid. This means you are very unlikely to sign a new no 10. The only way I can see how you will improve your creativity from last season are first by coaching and developing your players and second is signing a new right back who is very good going forward and use the full backs (Tierney and new RB) as main source of creativity like Liverpool under Klopp.

Shaw has developed massively to be one of our most creative player last season despite of criticism he received about his ability in going forward before 2020. If Arteta really can develop players then players like Saka, Tierney and ESR can be developed into better creator for arsenal next season.

Saka in my opinion is not a goalscorer winger, he’s more a creative winger. May be by having a new striker it could improve Saka’s assist number and the same also apply to other players like Tierney and etc.
Fair enough. I think having the creative onus on ESR and Saka is risky when they're both so young. Ideally Willian would have been that experienced helper but he's utterly useless. I don't consider Auba, Laca, Pepe, Martinelli or Balogun as creators. I want us to bring in another creative player. It doesn't have to be another 10. It could be a creative left winger in the Grealish mould, a false 9 striker like Firminio (not a charlatan like Lacazette like some people claim), or finally a deep-lying creative midfielder like a Modric type. I think the club needs to be creative. Okay, maybe Maddison is a pipe dream but we can be creative. It is not fair on ESR and Saka's development to be thrown in the deep end like this.

Goonger

Creativity had already improved a lot with the introduction of ESR & for a bit Ødegaard. We just about scored the same as Utd in the league post Xmas, & 9 of their goals were in a freak game vs Southampton.

There was still room for improvement, games like Palace, Fulham, Villa & Villarreal were frustrating. I do think we need a more creative signing as well.

Gn1212

ESR signing a new deal doesn't change our need for an AM. Arteta has talked a lot about putting too much pressure on youngsters and that they're playing more than they should.

At the very least we're signing an AM to support ESR. Whether that is Maddison or Ødegaard we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom