• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

db10fan

Statistically DCL and Tammy is very close. Currently we don't have CF close to their traits, so it made sense to get a similar CF. Assuming its likely Laca will stay and Nketiah sold, getting Tammy on reasonable price is a good business, different but useful traits to our current CFs, proven goalscorer in EPL, and allow squad depth to loan Balogun and Martinelli to get starts that will develop them more than being back up at Arsenal. Auba + Laca + Tammy, sends Balogun + Martinelli on loan. 2022 Laca goes, while Balogun + Martinelli has a full season 1st team starts so more likely ready to challenge Auba and Tammy.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Well, I'll tell you this - he won more headers in both absolute and relative numbers than Giroud last season and is not far off the big man for success rate for headers overall
That makes him the 4th one down? Which would also mean that he was involved in the highest number of overall aerial duels of the 4 you looked at...

Very interesting, does that make Tammy worth reassessing a bit I wonder? He already has a very strong goals to minutes ratio, if he has more to his game as well he starts to look like a more than decent option maybe.

What do you think out of interest?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Really you can't justify the way the club is doing business.

Yeah, it's hard to move on deadwood / overpayed players we all know that but these players should have been told in no uncertain terms that they have no future at the club in the last 1/3 of last seasons. Feelers should have been put out to interested clubs.

We'll be going into the season with a poorer squad than last season as it stands. Arguably none of our pressing concerns have been remedied.

It's fine saying we'll get the squad sorted out by the end of the window, how many unnecessary points will we drop in the first month of the season? Remember we were only 6 points off CL places last season, 2 defeats, same could happen again this year, or the margin could be even closer. We can't be affording to drop unnecessary points in August and putting ourselves on the back foot.

Honestly, I'm sick of the way this club is run from the top down. It's poverty stuff really.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Yeah, it's hard to move on deadwood / overpayed players we all know that but these players should have been told in no uncertain terms that they have no future at the club in the last 1/3 of last seasons. Feelers should have been put out to interested clubs.

We'll be going into the season with a poorer squad than last season as it stands. Arguably none of our pressing concerns have been remedied.

It's fine saying we'll get the squad sorted out by the end of the window, how many unnecessary points will we drop in the first month of the season? Remember we were only 6 points off CL places last season, 2 defeats, same could happen again this year, or the margin could be even closer. We can't be affording to drop unnecessary points in August and putting ourselves on the back foot.

Honestly, I'm sick of the way this club is run from the top down. It's poverty stuff really.

The fact that we didn't ramp things up when the fixture list came out is so telling...

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

You can justify it because if you can't shift Xhaka there's no point signing a CM.

If you cant shift Bellerin there's no point signing a fourth right back.

We are openly bidding for a keeper so that's cool.

The only position i can't justify right now is the AM position. For me it's odd we haven't gone balls deep for a main target. There's no reason not to.

El Duderino

You can justify it because if you can't shift Xhaka there's no point signing a CM.

If you cant shift Bellerin there's no point signing a fourth right back.

We are openly bidding for a keeper so that's cool.

The only position i can't justify right now is the AM position. For me it's odd we haven't gone balls deep for a main target. There's no reason not to.

Main target is Ben White, by the looks of it.

El Duderino

Disagree. They know how badly we need signings in other areas.

We went back to Brighton thrice and met their asking price, can't get more "main targety" than that.

Even Ødegaard would've been made available sooner if we kept at it, since Real need money to fund other purchases. So far, it seems we just haven't been that proactive in other key areas (first XI wise), either in chasing targets down or moving people out.

It's all well and good wanting to get a fair price for Xhaka, but if it's to the detriment of the rest our season? Take the money and sign an upgrade.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

That makes him the 4th one down? Which would also mean that he was involved in the highest number of overall aerial duels of the 4 you looked at...

Very interesting, does that make Tammy worth reassessing a bit I wonder? He already has a very strong goals to minutes ratio, if he has more to his game as well he starts to look like a more than decent option maybe.

What do you think out of interest?
Nah, that's DCL. Tammy is the one with highest success rate (3rd one down). I'll post a comparison of him, Lautaro, Laca and Auba later tonight. I think he's probably a pretty good choice, but some question marks about linkup play so far. Not done yet though and I'm positively surprised about him tbh.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We went back to Brighton thrice and met their asking price, can't get more "main targety" than that.

Even Ødegaard would've been made available sooner if we kept at it, since Real need money to fund other purchases. So far, it seems we just haven't been that proactive in other key areas (first XI wise), either in chasing targets down or moving people out.

It's all well and good wanting to get a fair price for Xhaka, but if it's to the detriment of the rest our season? Take the money and sign an upgrade.

Hes one of the main targets in that position yeah...

GDeep™

League is very weak
One thing, unlike many other seasons, is that it seems we actually have cash to spend. Yet other than Sambi, not much has happened and El Neny will be starting the season.

I think White will be the only new signing that starts.

I think spending some more cash would’ve met other buying clubs know that we aren’t desperate for cash and you better pay good money for our players, now it feels like buying clubs think we need the cash and are fighting over every penny with us.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Good player, fbref has him high in tackles, pressures, progressive carries and passes and decently high in xA + xG even though he only scored 3 and assisted 1 last season.

I'm quite high on Caqueret myself, though. Would rather we go for him. Also feels stupid given that we were linked with him when he cost about half. Liked him then as well.

Arsenal needs a more experienced player, Caqueret is too much young and for the future. If already exist a problem to line up Martinelli, ESR and Saka because many of them are very young, it would be even more so with the claim for Caqueret and even the ones of Balogun to start the matches. Professional managers wants his team to average around 26-28 years old in the lineup.

But more so, Caqueret still (and neither the ones of Tchoutchami or whatever his name and Camavinga) isn't better than Guimarães, at least if you look for the players impact on the team:

Lyons expected goal difference while playing with Bruno is around 1.42 positive per 90, which means they are playing around PSGs level. With Caqueret it isn't so differencial like the brazilian: Maxence Caqueret Stats | FBref.com

I like both, but Guimarães would be a good option for Arsenal, be in terms of level of play or role needed.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Guimaraes is definitely a big talent, it's just a sour taste that we get the absolute ****e of Kia's clients and couldn't wrap up one of his burgeoning talents with big upside. Now we'd spend double the fee and wages from when we were linked initially.

GunnerShy

Lots of unnecessary angst on here lads. Having had it confirmed by an ITK on here that we have a £250m war chest, and having spent only 10% of it, it's going to be an exciting end to the window! 🤣

Goonger

I'm a big fan of Guimaraes, I wanted us to sign him before he went to Lyon. I think he is probably the most value for money of all the central midfielders we have been linked with

I remember a few folk being quite big on him a couple of years ago when we were linked. Seems quite rounded both on & off the ball, the right age, and now has had a couple of years in Europe so hopefully that would help with settling in. Think he would be obtainable for a fee less than what we are rumoured to have offered for Locatelli. So yeah, I wouldn't mind him being the Partey partner we need.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Pretty much two weeks until the season starts. Crazy stuff, gonna be hella toxic in that Chelsea home game if we lose at Brentford on the opening day and are still without main midfield signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom