• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully you’re right about other targets. But our funds aren’t limitless. White could very well be the marquee signing with less impressive incomings at CM/CAM/CF.

Also we had like 8 CB’s so losing 3 wasn’t a big deal. Only Luiz featured regularly for us out of those three.
I don't think they are limitless but gauging the links there seems to be around 120 to 150m left. 70/80m links to Martinez and Maddison, 40m links to Abraham and Ødegaard plus 30m links to Ramsdale. It's just working out which way we spend it big on Martinez small on Ødegaard or big on Maddison small on Abraham. Or another combination of players we haven't yet heard off, but the links suggest that's the pattern. That's why I'm not bothered about the White deal.

blrgooner

Established Member
Some fans gush over Ødegaard and others gush over Maddison, nobody acknowledging that neither are anywhere near as good as the player they're supposed to be replacing. People think about it like "just trying to add competition for ESR", when really it's trying to replace Mesut Özil, albeit 3 years too late.

We bought Özil for 40m in 2013 when he was literally one of the best playmakers in world football, he was absolutely elite. Factor in inflation and 40m in 2013 works out to about 60-70m in 2021. Madders is the exact age Özil was when we bought him. So you're buying same position same age at the same price, but the gulf in quality is enormous. Madders is a good player, but he's not even half the player Özil was in 2013.

Lack of imagination here is pretty shocking too, as if these are the only two AMs in the world. Nkunku and Olmo at Leipzig are as good if not better, and Leipzig have a surplus of AMs. Go bid 40m for one of them. Yacine Adli is just chilling there at Bordeaux who don't have a pot to piss in, they'd accept un demi et un paquet de Gauloises putain. 20 years old with much better stats than ASMR btw.

Truth is whoever we buy will be more expensive and less good than the player we could have gone for but didn't, which is Rodrigo de Paul. 35m euro, he'd have transformed the midfield.

We'd be mugs to bid for Madders now, wait n see if Grealish goes to City, if so go n bid for Bernardo Silva, quality player who's never got the respect he deserves there, bit-part player shunted out to the wing most of the time, give him a fat salary, the no 8 shirt and tell him he's playing midfield second fiddle to no one.
Well Why there is a very simple reason we are speaking about Maddison and Ødegaard. The reason is that we are linked with these two players. I don`t understand whats wrong with that. We know that these players could want to come here, the clubs could be ready to sell and we might have the finances necessary to buy them as per the reports.
How is Rodrigo De Paul relevent from that point of view? Why should we assume that he would choose us over Spanish champions? We are not playing FM 2021 here.

Diesel

One things for sure we cant help chelsea by taking their bum tammy. Him and bats had like 7 2on 1S and scored the one leno and hector gifted them. Hes a bum dont want more bums at arsenal already got el neny and xhaka here

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So what now xhaka going to stay? And we not going to sign midfielders because the quantity is too big I'd still sign someone and let Elneny Torreira and willock leave we can't go with same central midfielders specially its looks every time Partey got hard kick in ankle it troubles him

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
So what now xhaka going to stay? And we not going to sign midfielders because the quantity is too big I'd still sign someone and let Elneny Torreira and willock leave we can't go with same central midfielders specially its looks every time Partey got hard kick in ankle it troubles him
RB, #10 and CF

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
If we arrive 10th of August and nobody is sold we going to loan them all.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
When it comes to keeping average players at the club, I believe every word he says.
He likes xhaka there no doubt and Xhaka is key player in our midfield even if we not fan of him but this a fact. but if Roma come with 20m bid tomorrow xhaka will be sold

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think we will sign a GK and CF now. Maybe a AM if they can do some kind of loan/option deal for someone. Xhaka staying puts the brakes on a CM signing and I reckon they roll with Chambers at RB. Terrible.

As annoyed as I am it seems like our hands are tied. I mean just look at the sh*tshow some of these players put out today, absolutely no one will want Bellerin, Roma offered about 10M for Xhaka and no one will want Lacazette either.

Just getting these players out would make me happy, let alone any replacements.

It’s clear we aren’t great at selling our players but I think it’s important to realize that someone has to want to buy them, right? All the complaints about getting rid of dross and then we get an offer for xhaka that’s 5m less than what we want and then it’s “we can’t be pushed around by these clubs” but it still begs the question, why should we double down on our mistakes? Clearly, 25m for xhaka would be great, but I’d rather him out of the club for much less with another signing coming in rather than keeping him. Who knows how much money we’re willing to spend but it’s pretty clear at this point that the numbers game that matters most is the squad numbers because maybe we could spend 70m on lautaro (or someone else?) but that’ll not happen unless we get strikers out first. Honestly don’t care if we sell all of the dross for a total of 10m, atleast they won’t be rotting on the bench or worse, continuing to be amongst the starters where we all know they aren’t good enough. To be clear, yes we should negotiate the best price we can get when selling but if it’s a matter of a few million, just flog them off ffs

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The midfield is a disaster!!

Let's play Aubamawang

Get him ahead of Elneny in the pecking order.

Someone should tell him Arteta doesn't like shooting from outside the box if he wants to make it into the first team.

As for Xhaka, Roma reportedly offered 13m and I bet it was in € too. Presumably in installments over 20 years. Thank god they didn't suggest a 2-year loan.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The midfield is a disaster!!
Yes it's absolutely depressing without Partey it's unwatchable Elneny is awful Torreira mentally done and should leave willock decent but won't stay to be squad player xhaka we don't know what going to happen his future look uncertain and Lokonga look exciting but the guy only 21 we can't throw him in deep end from start this current midfield won't get you top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom