• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Game Over

I think the position in need is AM if we have 1 space left. If xhaka stays and we bought no CM then the focus should be spending good money on AM and CF. Maddison and lautaro could be game changer Ødegaard and lautaro are massive improvement too i think we'll need to loan players with obligation the situation is desperate and i know there is 1 month to go.

If Ødegaard and Lautaro were to come in, then I'd be excited. Not sure it would be enough to get top 4 under this manager, but would be some exciting talent for a more competent manager to play with.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Ødegaard and Lautaro were to come in, then I'd be excited. Not sure it would be enough to get top 4 under this manager, but would be some exciting talent for a more competent manager to play with.
If Arteta and his team continue the form from January of 2021 we in road finishing 4th but of course with current players there little hope they can collapse at anytime

tcahill

Bit hard to bring in new names when nobody is buying your players even at cut price deals.

I want a squad overhaul as much as anyone else here but Covid (not Edus fault) and our history of paying players inflated wages (Edus fault in some cases) has made that extremely difficult.

I would love a new CM to partner Partey. But if we brought one in now we'd have Elneny, Xhaka, Torreira, Willock, Lokonga, Partey and new CM for TWO positions.

Same for RB. Inter can't even take Bellerin for a 15 mill loan with option. At the moment we have Cedric, Bellerin and Chambers all at RB, we're already bloated in that position, and buying another without selling first would be nuts.

That being said, extending Xhaka with a pay rise is madness, buying White for 50 mill is questionable. That money could have been thrown at Ødegaard or Maddison. It's very disappointing after the club talked the big talk earlier in the season then haven't walked the walk.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Probably the biggest month in this clubs recent history.

Get it right and we can do something. Get it wrong and it'll be the same ****. We have too many players and not enough quality players.

teamsoutheast

Another thing, am I right in thinking that we could lose Aubameyang, Partey and Pepe for the AFCON which has been reschedule to Jan 2022? If we sign Bissouma, then he'll be gone too. :lol: Hardest job in the world at the moment for both Arteta and Edu IMO. This transfer window is so crucial..... we HAVE to get it right.....

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
The first option every day of the month. Hopefully we don't go full brexit FC but I fear we might.
I'd be happy with either, I'd also be happy with Laca staying another season and upgrading RB instead

That said, Ødegaard and Martinez is my clear favourite combo there. Tammy makes more sense as an Auba replacement, doesn't seem to have much to his game apart from goals.

sykesy69

I'm sure he can enhance a pasta dish but he sounds made up at this point. Nice try.

There used to be a saying for when Arsenal knock. Edu's now ringing doorbells at the wrong residences in the wrong neighborhoods.
Edu must be using Raul's address book...

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Hopefully this is Elneny's last season as Azeez & Lokonga get introduced into the first team. I hope he leaves on a free next season

Not enough for me, I can hardly watch him a single game. Probably will have to skip a lot of games this season for that matter though.

Preacher

Always Crying
Still can't believe that Xhaka will stay and get new contract which will end when he will be 33 or 34 years old.

At this rate, Partey will retire at age 30. One man midfield will take a toll on him:lol: At least let's hope that Lokonga will hit the ground running.

teamsoutheast

Another thing, am I right in thinking that we could lose Aubameyang, Partey and Pepe for the AFCON which has been reschedule to Jan 2022? If we sign Bissouma, then he'll be gone too. :lol: Hardest job in the world at the moment for both Arteta and Edu IMO. This transfer window is so crucial..... we HAVE to get it right.....
AND Elneny... ( forgot him )...... :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ødegaard and Neves/Bissouma.

Would definitely rather Auba starting at striker than Elneny starting at CM.

Hmm, Elneny won't be starting though. Will likely be Xhaka and Partey or Xhaka and Lokonga.

I think Auba is severely hindering us now. Looks a shadow of himself.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Still can't believe that Xhaka will stay and get new contract which will end when he will be 33 or 34 years old.

At this rate, Partey will retire at age 30. One man midfield will take a toll on him:lol: At least let's hope that Lokonga will hit the ground running.
It's crazy... I can sort of see the logic in hanging onto him for another season if we are getting lowballed, but then don't offer him a new deal. Still wonder whether there is more going on behind the scenes with Roma and Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom