• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Who are nailed on starters do we think?

Leno, Tierney, White, Gabriel, Partey, Xhaka, Pepe, ESR, Saka.

Looking at that I feel like Lautaro and a right back should probably be the priority. And of course a backup keeper hopefully Onana closer to deadline day.

Still think it could be in the works. Doesn't make sense to sign him sooner than deadline day as he can't play until November.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Looking at that I feel like Lautaro and a right back should probably be the priority. And of course a backup keeper hopefully Onana closer to deadline day.

Still think it could be in the works. Doesn't make sense to sign him sooner than deadline day as he can't play until November.

Pepe isn’t a nailed on starter if we sign a forward. He’d most likely rotate with Auba.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

List feels about right, although Leno might not be nailed on if the Ramsdale rumours are actually true.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Gabriel I am not so sure, he was largely out of favour second half of last season.

Pepe as it stands I can't see him not being a starter, but if we get either a no.10 or new striker he becomes a rotation option instantly in my opinion.

Ideal world I would want a RB, CM and AM to dovetail or rotate with ESR and I think we would be set. Seems further away closer we get to the season starting though.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Interesting opinions on Pepe and Co. For the most part I agree. I think Pepe needs to show consistency straight away.

I'm sort of coming round to the idea of Ødegaard over Maddison. Cheaper price and also would be a happy balance between him and ESR. Whereas I think Maddison isn't a happy balance and you have to start him every game.

I think what I'd be hoping for is something like Onana, Ødegaard, Lautaro and a right back of some sort in the next four weeks. None of them homegrown so it would also mean clearing the decks.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It’s starting to look a bit bleak. Arteta, Partey and White need to be good enough to make up seven points on last years squads alone.

Probably get a bit of busy towards the end of the month but can’t see it being anything like we envisioned or hoped.

Kav

Established Member
I hate to break it to you but we’re not signing anyone who’s decent without some sales. All this talk about £250 million to spend is a joke.

We haven’t shifted Bellerin, Xhaka, Willian, Kolasinac, Nelson, Torreira, Willock, Nketiah,Lacazette as yet. Last time I checked our squad was large too. He needs to get some sales before he can do anything as we don’t have much money to spend.

WhatAFC

It’s starting to look a bit bleak. Arteta, Partey and White need to be good enough to make up seven points on last years squads alone.

Probably get a bit of busy towards the end of the month but can’t see it being anything like we envisioned or hoped.
Partey is done till the new year if the pictures of his injury are anything to go by. Looked brutal.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I hate to break it to you but we’re not signing anyone who’s decent without some sales. All this talk about £250 million to spend is a joke.

We haven’t shifted Bellerin, Xhaka, Willian, Kolasinac, Nelson, Torreira, Willock, Nketiah,Lacazette as yet. Last time I checked our squad was large too. He needs to get some sales before he can do anything as we don’t have much money to spend.

No, the whole issue is squad space. Funds clearly aren't a problem otherwise we wouldn't have dropped £50M on White.

blrgooner

Established Member
Ødegaard and Neves/Bissouma.

Would definitely rather Auba starting at striker than Elneny starting at CM.
I would go for this too. With Xhaka staying, Bissouma over Neves for me too.
We also have Martinelli and Balogun( Even if we sell Nketiah). Hope we fix the CM position and the AM position because thats where I think we need to improve the most.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

As big potential White may have and how exciting the rumor of Martinez, if we don’t get a new CM and AM this window is a massive flop and heads need to roll. This was the case before the Xhaka rumor as well. Midfield and chance creation is the two main things we’ve complained about for all of last season.

There’s literally no excuse for not addressing those positions.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
the one thing we done well regarding selling or loaning is loaning as much youngsters as possible.

dave_rwr

Established Member
To think that it is this quiet at the start of August is absurd. No real, solid links in or out at the moment. Talk about a massive squad overhaul...

And "this is a quiet market" is a stupid excuse. If your priority is an overhaul, you move players first and foremost. No one wants to pay 20m for a player like Torreira this summer - well guess what, no one is going to want to pay 20m for him next summer when he hasn't been registered in our squad either. "This summer" isn't a problem that goes away for us if we have a bunch of dead weight that aren't even playing, so move them on. Sell them for 5m or buy them out of their contract. Is it bad business in a purely economic model? For sure. But if money actually isn't an issue like some posters (well, one poster) claim, then do something about it. Don't just sit around complaining that no one wants to buy our players for prices that we wouldn't buy them at ourselves.

Embarrassing stuff all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom