• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Look on the bright side, ppl; at least Ceballos is gone, :lol: and we'll probably pay off Kola and let him go on his way soon..ish.
Ceballos was so frustrating, he had most of the tools to be a really top player but... He just wasn't.

I don't think it was even about pace, he just couldn't work out how to put it together consistently.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Ceballos was so frustrating, he had most of the tools to be a really top player but... He just wasn't.

I don't think it was even about pace, he just couldn't work out how to put it together consistently.

It takes more than skill at the feet and fitness to make a good football player, it also takes discipline, control and intelligence, all of which he lacked.

We really need some outs now before new signings (apart from maybe an AM).

Considering all of business we need to do, I don't see a new right back as very likely now even though it feels like it's an area we can upgrade on what we have. Don't know about a massive improvement on Chambers but ideally you add some pace as another option. Tyler Adams looks quite good; Emerson could be brilliant if we raid Barca or Max Aarons from Norwich possibly
I'd say only Tyler's youtube como has convinced me. Emerson isn't bad as well, however not quite ready.
My point is Chambers has proved to be class whenever given a run of games at RB. I'd prefer trying him out while focus is put on the most important gaps.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
It takes more than skill at the feet and fitness to make a good football player, it also takes discipline, control and intelligence, all of which he lacked.

Yeah that's so true. That back pass in the Europa League last season was such a horrible moment. He was awful in that tournament. Gave us some quality in the FA Cup run so he played his part at least. Let's hope the next guy is better though.

Why

Always Me ?
I mean Onanna has the same agent as Bellerin, so when he flew in to chat to Arsenal the other day I imagine we could have enquired if he wanted him. So guessing its unlikely.

I think our window is done. We were bamboozled lads. Big changes, massive war chest, etc. Instead, we get contract extensions and a 50mil older english version of a player we already have.

But thankfully we are all getting excited by Eddie "Like a new signing" Nketiah who will do eff all again this season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I mean Onanna has the same agent as Bellerin, so when he flew in to chat to Arsenal the other day I imagine we could have enquired if he wanted him. So guessing its unlikely.

I think our window is done. We were bamboozled lads. Big changes, massive war chest, etc. Instead, we get contract extensions and a 50mil older english version of a player we already have.

But thankfully we are all getting excited by Eddie "Like a new signing" Nketiah who will do eff all again this season.

Our window isn't done at all.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Regarding the poll: It's hard.

Xhaka's *replacement* is now a bit false, but its still true. Partey's injury just showed that we still need.

A: Depth

and

B: Competition

in that area. Still THE priority imo.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
If we are to make just one more signing this summer, it has to be Ødegaard, Maddison or Aouar. Switch to more of a 433 and incorporate Willock for his physical attributes, his ability to get up and down the pitch, and his ability to score goals.

-------Partey
NEW CM Willock

----------Xhaka
-----Partey NEW CM

Partey Xhaka
--NEW CM

It just gives us options.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we are to make just one more signing this summer, it has to be Ødegaard, Maddison or Aouar. Switch to more of a 433 and incorporate Willock for his physical attributes, his ability to get up and down the pitch, and his ability to score goals.

-------Partey
NEW CM Willock

----------Xhaka
-----Partey NEW CM

Partey Xhaka
--NEW CM

It just gives us options.

Signing a AM then switching to a 433 makes little to no sense. You also don't think ESR gets game time? He's gonna be a main starter imo.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I agree. He leaves a lot to be desired, but if he turned into a top player in his late twenties/early thirties it wouldn’t surprise me.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Signing a AM then switching to a 433 makes little to no sense. You also don't think ESR gets game time? He's gonna be a main starter imo.
Its not much of a switch. Its just a tweak. Let ESR develop on the LW. You can't have a 21 year old playing such a prominent central role unless they are exceptional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom