• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
So far we have weaken ourselves defensively by spending 50m on a ball player and are sticking to Partey and Xhaka and not bringing in upgrades for our Weakest position.

Most underwhelming summer transfer activity ever.

Lebron

I know there’s a lot of doom and gloom right now, but I feel things will heat up soon.

I’m 100% we will get a GK. Hopefully with better feet than Leno.
I’m 100% we will get a creative midfielder.

RB and CM I believe we will have to wait for guys to leave like Bellerin, Maitland-Niles, possible Willock before we move but I’m sure the club has targets.
Another 3 first team players (GK, AM, RB) in addition to White at CB is good progress.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Willock looking like he's definitely staying as well. I really don't think we sign another midfielder now.

Partey, Xhaka, Lokonga, Willock, Elneny, Azeez. The options for this season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not loaning out Azeez would be ****ing stupid. He’s not going to develop much carrying on playing U23 football.

He will probably get all the cup games tbf. Will need a loan at some point though. The club have probably thought it through and are planning on Azeez eventually taking over from Xhaka.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not loaning out Azeez would be ****ing stupid. He’s not going to develop much carrying on playing U23 football.
That guy was never going on loan, the club are very protective of him.

teamsoutheast

So far we have weaken ourselves defensively by spending 50m on a ball player and are sticking to Partey and Xhaka and not bringing in upgrades for our Weakest position.

Most underwhelming summer transfer activity ever.

Transfer Window isn't closed yet....

teamsoutheast

It's interesting hearing someone go into bat for Edu because it's so rare. Unlike Arteta he basically has no defenders. I'd like to know why Fabrizio thinks he's one of the best. What does he base that on because we've seen very little to show he has a convincing technical vision for the club.

He does need time IMO. He's come to the club and has had to operate in extremely difficult circumstances with Covid and the financial crisis currently hitting football. It's difficult to fully judge him considering the circumstances he has had to work under...

teamsoutheast

That's far too many though, they can't all stay and get game time. Azeez won't play at all, would be better off on loan.

So what do we do when Partey and Elneny leave for the AFCON in Jan/Feb? Who do we have to cover midfiield if we have a deep cup run?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

We have to get a new CM with Partey's injury

This is a big issue with this fanbase. Incredibly reactionary. We do not need to get a new CM. We get a new CM and suddenly Lokonga is 4th choice?! Why should we drop £40M on a new mid when Lokonga was purchased to be Parteys backup.

The only reason or time we should be getting a new CM is if Xhaka leaves. Even Willock is staying so you gonna push him down to like 5th choice now!?

mpower2540

Chelsea or Liverpool would have loaned him out.

Even Sp*rs are better than us at it. Always seems a last minute afterthought with us.
Is Arteta indecisive or something? We sign Auba up to a bumper new contract then have no clue how to play to his strengths. One minute he’s on the left/lwb the next he’s up front or on the right.

AMN gets a decent offer from Wolves, one which we’d bite your hand off for now, looked all but done then nope we decide to keep him. Nketiah had fallen out of first team contention by January and apparently there were offers for him, we decided to keep for no apparent reason apart from to let his value decrease on the bench/not even in the squad.

Balogun signed up but barely seen in preseason, plus no rumours about him going on loan somewhere to continue his development. Even Holding was on his way to Newcastle before Arteta suddenly changed his mind. It’s weird.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
So what do we do when Partey and Elneny leave for the AFCON in Jan/Feb? Who do we have to cover midfiield if we have a deep cup run?

AFCON is a little problematic, granted, but I don't think you keep a 6th choice midfielder around as cover for 3 weeks. Azeez needs to play to develop. If we are really stuck then there are other players in the U23 we could call on or you use White or Chambers or AMN in midfield

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Is Arteta indecisive or something?

You've nailed it right there. In his time with us we've seen loads of different players be in and out of favour then even back in again.

I don't even think it's a case of him not rating some of these guys but more that he can't decide who to use. One of these coaches who likes a huge squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom