• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Martinez
ESR-Maddison-Saka
Lokonga-Partey
Tierney-Gabriel-White-Chambers
Leno.
Is that top 4 standard?
Just don't see where the goals are coming from in that side. How many league goals did ESR, Saka and Madison get last season? Around a dozen at a guess without checking. Partey rarely scores, don't know about Lokonga. Martinez looks a nice player but he's never been prolific. I can't see that side finishing above 6th.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Can't believe you guys want Maddison when it looks like ESR has finally started to play some serious footy.

Have no problems over that Martinez guy, but that's not happening unless we ship Laca and Auba

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Just don't see where the goals are coming from in that side. How many league goals did ESR, Saka and Madison get last season? Around a dozen at a guess without checking. Partey rarely scores, don't know about Lokonga. Martinez looks a nice player but he's never been prolific. I can't see that side finishing above 6th.
Goals would probably come by creating loads of chances with low conversion, something Wenger did from 2006-2008, but it's definitely better to have Pepe on the right in that case and never buy Maddison because his output will be the same as we get from ESR. Saka on the left would do it.

----- Martinez -----

Saka -- ESR -- Pepe

That gives us a nice balance of creativity and end product

TornadoTed

Established Member
Goals would probably come by creating loads of chances with low conversion, something Wenger did from 2006-2008, but it's definitely better to have Pepe on the right in that case and never buy Maddison because his output will be the same as we get from ESR. Saka on the left would do it.

----- Martinez -----

Saka -- ESR -- Pepe

That gives us a nice balance of creativity and end product
That's better, I think you need at least one source of goals (Pepe) in the three behind the striker.

Lots of chances with a low conversion rate sound frustrating but also far more enjoyable to watch than we have been at any time so far under Mikel.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
That's better, I think you need at least one source of goals (Pepe) in the three behind the striker.

There's absolutely no reason to drop Pepe anyways, he's been our best performer for quite some time. He's at the very least 1/3 of our top attacking players.

Pepe should play over Maddison in our line-up any day, so if Maddison costs 70m, is Pepe a 100m player now ?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
There's absolutely no reason to drop Pepe anyways, he's been our best performer for quite some time. He's at the very least top 3 attacking player from midfielder to striker department.

Pepe should play over Maddison in our line-up any day, so if Maddison costs 70m, is Pepe an100m player now ?

Pepe plays RW and Madders plays AM...

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
And ESR is better than Maddison. Saka anyhow. Who do you drop, when those have more flexible positions than a Madders and are also all better players ?

I'm not sure what you're basing that off though? I'm not sure you can sit there with your chest and say a guy who's played for 6 months in the premier league is better than a guy who's been a consistent performer for a top 4 challenging side for 3 seasons?

I love Emile, but right now Maddison is better.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Who's actually scouting our targets?

Edu and who else seems we fired our scouts?

Is Edu doing it on his own???

Who's in charge anymore!???

Badger_Revenge

I'm sure this has been said before, but I don't think Maddison and ESR will play the same role in the team at all. They are completely different players. Emile is a great link player, creating and exploiting spaces for himself and others in attack. Other sides have to pay attention to him. He needs to score more, but he is the ingredient that makes the rest of the team better on the attacking side.

Madison has said he wants to play as a deeper 8 coming late into attack. He is the midfield goal scoring threat - he actually cited Lampard as a model. I actually find him pretty uninspiring in the 10 role. He might move into a 10 role against the top sides, to make room for Partey and Xhaka playing deeper and more defensively. I have to be convinced he can carry the defensive load in those matches - but his England future may depend on it.

In any case, Arsenal I think will move to more fluid roles going forward, as long as they can figure out how to read the game and communicate. The Chelsea match was not it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom