• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

RCB got 1 vote as well and we spent 50 mil there :lol:

CF with 3 votes - probably one of our most likely signings outside of a #10 as well.

Funny window.
Somehow, I still think it might turn out better than we think now. The crazy Ben White signing, and the Martinez rumours...something is just weird... - lets see how this is once the window is over...it might be better than what we think now.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Somehow, I still think it might turn out better than we think now. The crazy Ben White signing, and the Martinez rumours...something is just weird... - lets see how this is once the window is over...it might be better than what we think now.
I’ve said this all along but the supposed Xhaka extension (I’m dubious it’s even true) has blown me away.

Aouar would greatly improve our creativity and the way we're attacking as a whole
Under Arteta we're really struggling with the ball, when it's our time to dictate the game, to create that slight breach in the opposing team's defense i feel we were really lacking
Aouar is really gifted technically, even better than Saka or ESR for me. The way he protects and carries the ball is fantastic, he can create a scoring opportunity from nothing, he is also very good against prssure allowing us to retain the ball against teams such as City or Liverpool who like to harass us and prevent us from playing

As a whole Aouar would make the perfect link up player in our team

His main flaw IS that he tends to disappear sometimes but i think he might be bored of ligue 1 especially After the season Lyon had under Garcia, a lot of players were actually happy After his departure

Aouar needs a new challenge, as talented as he IS, only 23, it is such a bargain
The main problem with Aouar IS not the player himself but his brother and agent that only cares about money

I want to tell you more about him but my english IS so poor i have trouble writing my thoughts correctly

Gn1212

Market seems to have moved up a gear. Seeing more and more sides finally stepping into the market and closing deals. The Lukaku, Kane and Grealish moves are surely gonna have a domino effect.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
RCB got 1 vote as well and we spent 50 mil there :lol:

CF with 3 votes - probably one of our most likely signings outside of a #10 as well.

Funny window.
That means arsenal mania could run arsenal better than our board.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Market seems to have moved up a gear. Seeing more and more sides finally stepping into the market and closing deals. The Lukaku, Kane and Grealish moves are surely gonna have a domino effect.
Yes! And at the end is Arsenal going mid table midfield master Xhaka

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Summer ends with Ødegaard and Tammy imo.

Lukaku > Chelsea, Tammy to us.

Pretty **** window. We'll be looking for a new CF in a year or two.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
On this day in 1999, we signed Thierry Henry, a WC winner but largely unproven. There was excitement and the expectation that he would succeed. I don't get that feeling about any targets. It's buy and hope. Horrible window so far.

Agree except for Lokonga, yet, mind that we seem to have a golden youth academy on the rise, there are many more ESR'ish/Saka'ish youngsters to come.

Patino probably the most exciting one, but Azeez looks to be quite impressive and closer to actual competition just yet.
Might be too soon for Flo, but he looks to have great all around traits. JJ maybe after this season loan as well..

Many potentially exciting things from the inside :)

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Agree except for Lokonga, yet, mind that we seem to have a golden youth academy on the rise, there are many more ESR'ish/Saka'ish youngsters to come.

Patino probably the most exciting one, but Azeez looks to be quite impressive and closer to actual competition just yet.
Might be too soon for Flo, but he looks to have great all around traits. JJ maybe after this season loan as well..

Many potentially exciting things from the inside :)
I was miserable when we signed Henry because we had just lost Anelka to Madrid, arguably the most promising striker in world football at the time. Henry was awful to begin with - and also a winger not a striker - but it turned out alright. Not saying this window turns out the same, but sometimes it takes a bit of time to assess the signings. ESR might turn out to be the best deal we did this window.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Think I'm done to be honest. White was a good pick up.

We have no back up GK, starting right back, we've replaced Xhaka, Ceballos, Guendouzi and Torreria with erm Granit Xhaka (Lokonga looks a good pick up) and out if our best 2 players, one looks set to miss the start of the season and the other can't hit a barn door. We're going from 8th to 8th at this rate.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
I know a lot of people are hooked on Lautaro, but if we're actually in the market for a CF I'd rather we went with someone like Dusan Vlahovic. I sympathize with Fiorentina and saw a fair amount of their games the past season and the kid's legit.

I was desperate for us to sign Chiesa, but I suppose he was always Juventus bound sadly, but I think Dusan is a different case.

Fits perfectly as a lone striker, great physique, can score with any part of his beautiful body, and he can move well both with and without the ball. He's not blind either, and does posses some decent ability to hold-up and spread the play.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
And takes something of a 20/21yo to score 21 in 37 under the Italian Tony Pulis' reign.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I know a lot of people are hooked on Lautaro, but if we're actually in the market for a CF I'd rather we went with someone like Dusan Vlahovic. I sympathize with Fiorentina and saw a fair amount of their games the past season and the kid's legit.

I was desperate for us to sign Chiesa, but I suppose he was always Juventus bound sadly, but I think Dusan is a different case.

Fits perfectly as a lone striker, great physique, can score with any part of his beautiful body, and he can move well both with and without the ball. He's not blind either, and does posses some decent ability to hold-up and spread the play.
Would Arteta go from a 10/10 manager to an 11 or maybe even 12 out of 10 if he signed Vlahovic?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
And takes something of a 20/21yo to score 21 in 37 under the Italian Tony Pulis' reign.

It worries me that a 23 year old Martinez scores around 14-15 goals a season for a dominant Inter side. Doesn't feel like a £60m striker even though he is underperforming his XG. However, he does have a classy all round game and it would improve the team so long as we have goals coming from elsewhere (means Saka or ESR stepping up, possibly Maddison coming in)

Vlahovic has slightly more impressive numbers but looks a bit agricultural at the moment. He is very young for a big man though and could develop into an amazing player. One season in Serie A is a gamble to make him your star signing though. If he is supporting Auba for a few years while he develops then it makes sense I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom