• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'm definitely getting nervous but mostly frustration for now. 27 days left in the window. One friendly and 3 league games in that period. 3 very, very tough league games might I add. Its clear our squad is huge and there's an issue getting players out. So there comes a cut off point where you make big decisions and PUSH people out no matter what.
Too many can't see the wood from the trees. A lot of clubs are in similar positions. Not many incomings loads waiting to go. Patience is required.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Too many can't see the wood from the trees. A lot of clubs are in similar positions. Not many incomings loads waiting to go. Patience is required.

27 days to essentially do what, 13 deals in and out? I know a lot happens in the final two weeks and on the last day itself but that's mental.

zilfy

Add Leon Bailey for 30 mil too, he looks class.

Apparently Ings was announced without any media or fans knowing anything in advance.
I sincerely hope that is how we are operating because our links are atrocious

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Lukaku to Chelsea and Grealish to City already has the top 2 spots sown up barring a very unexpected collapse. So we're competing with Utd, Pool, Sh*t, Leicester for 3rd or 4th...

We haven't signed a first team player that would improve us noticeably.

Our best midfielder is already injured before the season starts but we'll wait and see how he is.

Our plan for central midfield was to wait and see and now it is to extend Xhaka's contract by 4 years and play a recently signed player from the Belgian league when Partey is unavailable - after that its Elneny starting.

Our plan for attacking midfield is wait and see and hope someone wants to sell to us for below what they value their player.

Our plan for right back is wait and see ???!!!.

Our plan to improve our forward line was to wait and see until we couldnt sign our target?

I know the window isnt over but I dont think all this waiting and seeing is achieving much. Pity the other clubs arent waiting and seeing.

I guess this window is very very hard on Edu and Arteta and getting deals done is super super difficult and everyone should just wait and see.

Theres some sort of pattern here I'm just not seeing, its almost as if the lack of any noticeable change is being justified by it might happen somehow when *gestures vaguely with hand

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Lukaku to Chelsea and Grealish to City already has the top 2 spots sown up barring a very unexpected collapse. So we're competing with Utd, Pool, Sh*t, Leicester for 3rd or 4th...

Our best midfielder is already injured before the season starts but we'll wait and see how he is.

Our plan for central midfield was to wait and see and now it is to extend Xhaka's contract by 4 years and play a recently signed player from the Belgian league when Partey is unavailable - after that its Elneny starting.

Our plan for attacking midfield is wait and see and hope someone wants to sell to us for below what they value their player.

Our plan to improve our forward line was to wait and see until we couldnt sign our target?

I know the window isnt over but I dont think all this waiting and seeing is achieving much. Pity the other clubs arent waiting and seeing.

I guess this window is very very hard on Edu and Arteta and getting deals done is super super difficult and everyone should just wait and see.

Theres some sort of pattern here I'm just not seeing, its almost as if the lack of any noticeable change is being justified by it might happen somehow when *gestures vaguely with hand

It's frustrating but we've just gotta wait to see what they can pull out in the final 3 weeks :/

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

You're absolutely right.
AFCBell leaked the rumour about maddison at the beginning of July. After one month there's still nothing concrete about this deal. We're still enquiring, believing a deal is feasible.
Ødegaard we want him since the end of his loan. No bid has been made yet.

Like wtf, what are u waiting for? You want a player? Then go and get it fast because the competition is not waiting for us.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Arteta said he's excited about what we can do and what we will be doing this window.
The Athletic said we expect to make 4-5 significant signings. (RB/CM/AM/STR/GK all wanted)

CM okay fair enough Xhaka is staying. But there's no excuses not to get a right back, AM, backup keeper and striker. Striker i'll let slide unless its really a quality player like Lautaro. But we at least need a AM, RB and i'd say Onana.

It would be disgraceful if those 3 don't get done.
Imagine buying into the Athletic propaganda. They should be ashamed to call themselves a press outlet.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Imagine buying into the Athletic propaganda. They should be ashamed to call themselves a press outlet.
nothing to do with Athletic propaganda they are predicting what signings we need and who we targeting all know what signings we going to need too as fans but without sales it may block few signings like RB CF for example Bellerin and Laca still here do you want we have 4 RB's and 4 CF's at the club without europe? Arteta and Edu can't do nothing when nobody even putting good money on the players who are available what they can do give them for free? even Willock who is the most attractive assets to sell nobody bothering to give us 20M.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We'll only sell Willock and AMN everyone else will go on loan don't think Edu can wait much longer and wait until last week of window we running out of time to get AM RB GK and maybe CF. i can't believe our players not even pushing for move guys like Torreira Kola Nelson got no hope of playing here go take paycut and f**k off tell your agent to force moves. i'm running out of patience with them.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I agree, lets wait and see.

City and Chelsea finally set pace, things should pick up a bit.

Start of August has been pretty mental so far compared to July. Lots of deals getting done. Teams finally starting to make decisions and such.

We now know we haven't done all business before the season starts and teams rarely do anyway. So yeah 27 days now to do something decent.

Like you said Chelsea and City are seemingly kick starting dominos around Europe. Inter should now be able to afford Bellerin for example. Some of the lower level clubs like Southampton etc now have a bit of money behind them. Nketiah could be a fantastic option to replace Ings. Brighton also want a striker. Burnley need a CM (AMN).

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In terms of ins say our window finishes in this manor -

Tavares - £8M
Lokonga - £15M
White - £50M
Maddison - £60M
Aarons - £25M
Onana - £5M

Would people be happy? Swap Aarons out for another right back if need be. Just the first name that really springs to mind. I'd probably say the above is a 8/10 window.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
In terms of ins say our window finishes in this manor -

Tavares - £8M
Lokonga - £15M
White - £50M
Maddison - £60M
Aarons - £25M
Onana - £5M

Would people be happy? Swap Aarons out for another right back if need be. Just the first name that really springs to mind. I'd probably say the above is a 8/10 window.
Going into the summer before Xhaka was leaving I would have said that’s an 7.5-8/10.

But since Xhaka has wanted to go and we got all excited for CMs, only for us to keep him, I’d say it’s a 7/10 window. Not exactly getting us top4 is it. But good squad progression as Onana White and Aaron’s will help with playing out from the back. While Maddison will add star factor to the midfield.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Going into the summer before Xhaka was leaving I would have said that’s an 7.5-8/10.

But since Xhaka has wanted to go and we got all excited for CMs, only for us to keep him, I’d say it’s a 7/10 window. Not exactly getting us top4 is it. But good squad progression as Onana White and Aaron’s will help with playing out from the back. While Maddison will add star factor to the midfield.

Yes my thoughts on giving it an 8 were that if Xhaka went and was replaced with someone better thats a 9 and then if a striker is signed that's a 10/10 window.

I was toying with a 7/10 but £160M is a huge window for us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom