• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's a shame Arteta hates Saliba's guts, he'd be great for that central CB in a back 3. White RCB, Saliba CCB, then either Gabriel or Tierney LCB, Saka LWB, AMN RWB, Willock would work in a 3-4-3 too. As you say, it's a back 3 squad.
It offers so much flexibility and I would even argue that Saliba can play rcb.

---Saliba--White--Tierney
AMN-Partey-Lokonga--Saka
----Pepe--Auba---Martinelli

----Saliba---White--Gabriel
AMN-Partey-Lokonga-Tierney
-------------ESR
--------Pepe---Auba

So many line ups. The summer could have simply been about finding a CM and attacking rb.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
In terms of ins say our window finishes in this manor -

Tavares - £8M
Lokonga - £15M
White - £50M
Maddison - £60M
Aarons - £25M
Onana - £5M

Would people be happy? Swap Aarons out for another right back if need be. Just the first name that really springs to mind. I'd probably say the above is a 8/10 window.
I'd be happy with those 'Ins' for sure and you can add the ESR and Tierney contract extensions as well. Unfortunately the outs of Saliba, Willock and Mavro all look poor and the Xhaka extension sets up a future problem too. All speculation until it becomes clearer though.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Honestly, at this point I'd call it an 8/10 window. I prefer a more low-key signing at CAM though in Perreira or Aouar or even Ødegaard at €45m. I like Maddison but he's overpriced and I'd initially want to stick with ESR as a starter, but signing Maddison would cause us to shoehorn our talents into the squad or bench them.

Still gutted we didn't go for Buendia or De Paul at €35m. Our new CAM would've had a full pre-season under his belt.

Some quality, relatively low cost signings have slipped and are slipping between our collective fingers, truth be told.

Buendia, De Paul, Bissouma, Memphis, Daka, Sabitzer, Pareira, Auoar, Guimaraes, Onana, Baku, St Maximum, even Rabiot, just to name a few.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Some quality, relatively low cost signings have slipped and are slipping between our collective fingers, truth be told.

Buendia, De Paul, Bissouma, Memphis, Daka, Sabitzer, Pareira, Auoar, Guimaraes, Onana, Baku, St Maximum, even Rabiot, just to name a few.
Even lower cost are two young and very promising players called Saliba and Guendouzi both due to tear up the French league this year. Reckon Arteta could get them for next to nothing if only he played his cards right for once.

Kysus

There just has to be something big in the making as the club is desperate for CL football but would be resigning to 6th at best as it stands.

Maddison would not be enough though and comes with doubts as well.
Hope we have something surprising lined-up but I have more than just doubts.

Need 2 top class signings at either ST, Cam or Cm to stand any chance of competing.

Kysus

I'm totally fine with not signing most of those.
We need top top quality of the right profile as just signing someone to make up numbers got us in this mess in the first place.

Rather sign nobody than a Pereira, Baku or Abraham.

Barry

It's a shame Arteta hates Saliba's guts, he'd be great for that central CB in a back 3. White RCB, Saliba CCB, then either Gabriel or Tierney LCB, Saka LWB, AMN RWB, Willock would work in a 3-4-3 too. As you say, it's a back 3 squad.
I've been saying this all window - would have been a great platform to build from, even if it was just for certain games as a tactical option.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
I worry more about goalscoring with this current team. Think this team can be reasonably solid when it wants to be but last season’s problem of goals will continue to be a problem this season.

We will need to be scoring an extra 10-15 goals to even put a dent into top 4.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Those last 3 aren't happening. We have 4 right backs. Norwich wont be easy to deal with late in the window when they need to get a replacement.

Onana we could have got already. Cant play till November anyway. Where would we be by then.

Leicester are playing us. What are we doing offering a player they dont even want to lower the fee?

The longer you leave it, the more they need a replacement.

But do you not think it's incredibly dumb to get Onana in early? Considering he can't play. It has deadline day deal written all over it tbh.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Isn't he basically confirmed as going to Lyon now?

It fell through, there's links to Inter but I get a Partey vibe from this.

Also I swear to god if one more person mentions us playing 3 at the back...

You do not get sustained success playing 3 at the back. No top team in world football has played 3 at the back on a consistent basis over many years and been good/won titles.

We. Are. Never. Playing. 3. At. The. Back. Again. Stop. Putting. Us. In. Formations. With. 3. Defenders!!!!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I mean. Realistically, haven't we spent our usual transfer amount so far?

Dropping an extra 120 million on Maddison and Martinez is something serious clubs do. All the PR aside. We know deep down we will never be serious under this ownership.
To be fair to the ownership, giving Arteta 120 mil is probably one of the dumbest things you could do in life.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I wonder what is actually going on behind the scenes. I mean surely Edu and Arteta cannot be absolute ****** who are guessing by the day?

Fabrizio recently stated that he thinks Edu is going to be one of the best in the game, surely then... there must be some other serious issue(s) in place that make our movements look so incompetent?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
We’ll have to hope for some opportunistic buy presenting itself last few weeks. Looking grim atm

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe

You do not get sustained success playing 3 at the back. No top team in world football has played 3 at the back on a consistent basis over many years and been good/won titles.

We. Are. Never. Playing. 3. At. The. Back. Again. Stop. Putting. Us. In. Formations. With. 3. Defenders!!!!
Who cares about sustained success now? Are we in that kind of position? We need any success now. And our squad is really much better suited to play with 3 at the back currently. Once we go to some good place we can try to change formations.

And 3 at the back doesn't have to be defensive. See the number of goals inter and atalanta score.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's just so disappointing isn't it? We scored 55 goals last season and haven't signed an attacking player, a week before the season starts. We will likely wait until late in the window before we get someone in, despite the fact we need a 10 and a forward. Unforgivable.

I largely gave Arteta the benefit of the doubt last season but he can get in the bin along with Edu. Feels like Per is the only respectable senior person at the club.

Barry

It's the "Ballers at the Back" Agenda. I'm going to keep cheer-leading, sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom