• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefMan21

I'd take Messi tbh.

Massive statement from the club, and while we'd probably pay £50-60m each year in wages, two years of very good Messi is better than pretty much every player on the planet. An actual, genuine, legend of the game with an extreme winning mentality.

I don't know, maybe he wants to play a few less games each year at his age to....

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Put it this way we need to make a statement attacking signing this summer. That ain't Ødegaard. No attacking signing since Pepe... its stagnant.

Wouldn't T-Shirt sales and new endorsements alone take care of his salary?
This guy is a massive brand improver. If there's a chance you can get him, you ****ing get him!

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Messi would be an outlay of about £120M for two years that's the thing. Dunno, would be a no from me.

We'd earn that back and then some just by having him on the team. Millions of new people would turn into our games just to see Messi play for us, the pr for us would be insane, sponsors would be lining up etc etc..

It's a moot point anyway, we have no chance in this.

ChefMan21

Not to mention the benefits that players like Saka, Martinelli, ESR, even Azeez and Patino could derive from his presence. I mean he is one of the few players in history who could call a press conference and say "I'm the GOAT" and people wouldn't laugh, they'd actually ponder it and debate it.

May not be a chance, but at least try.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Not to mention the benefits that players like Saka, Martinelli, ESR, even Azeez and Patino could derive from his presence. I mean he is one of the few players in history who could call a press conference and say "I'm the GOAT" and people wouldn't laugh, they'd actually ponder it and debate it.

May not be a chance, but at least try.
Why try for something that’s impossible?
I’d be pissed at the club for wasting time and resources on Messi. Financially its out of the question and there is no way he’d come here. Not in a million years.

Can’t believe theres pages and pages of this….

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I love the wishlisting around signing Messi going in this thread, so here's another take: If we get Messi, just imagine the massive influx of new registered members in A-M.

@GDeep™ would be having a field day with the facts of Messi going into SAFCON.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Another week with no real moves. I wonder when the cut off point is just to usher players out the door. Probably with two weeks to go...

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Why are people talking about Messi signing for us? Forget the finance or that we're mid-table, the guy used to play with guys that kept Cesc out of the team, imagine playing him with plodder supreme xhaka lol. In the past it was still possible due to Wenger pull but now our manager is a la macia reject who thinks the aforementioned plodder supreme to be a key player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom