• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edwin van der Sar

Jinn

Established Member
He had a damn good game for Fulham against us earlier this year. 0-0 it ended.
And it was probably our best game of the season up until that point in terms of movement and passing.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Arsène Wenger is secretly trying to convince Fabien Barthez to make a sensational Premiership comeback with Arsenal. (News of the World)

I got that from the BBC sport website's 'tabloid gossip' section.

brianfrance

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Arsène Wenger is secretly trying to convince Fabien Barthez to make a sensational Premiership comeback with Arsenal. (News of the World)

I got that from the BBC sport website's 'tabloid gossip' section.
Barthez ??
He said he 'd like to ign 1 year with Marseille + 1 in option..
I think his arsenal come back is not true

KingReyes

Established Member
34!!! Why buy a keeper we would replace in 2 years. I think the maximum age for a keeper should be 31 therefore giving us a good 4 years. Van De Sar is a top keeper. Better than Lehmann for sure.

Mark

Established Member
Van der Sar is a very good goalkeeper but I would rather we went for someone younger. I'm surprised Man U are after him. Howard and Caroll are surely good enough.

goonerlove

I doubt we get VDS; however, if you look at it as a signficant upgrade at GK for us (which is debatable), it could be the kind of move that really solidifies our chances to repeat next year (personally more than any other position a top-notch SANE keeper would increase our chances of repeating as Champs)... plus, it sends a message to the rest of the team that AW is a no-nonsense winner who won't tolerate someone who does stupid, ego-centric crap that hurts the overall team.

Depending on how you look at it, WHL could have been the last straw for Lehmann... And if not, I can't imagine Le Boss not giving Lehmann an ultimatum if he is giving him another chance.

I see Lehmann as about 60/40 to stay... I see a chance now that Le Boss sells him back to the German league in order to upgrade at GK for the future. Either way, I don't see Lehmann being the Arsenal man beyond next year.

Goonerlove

goonerlove

Jkreffer, I agree.... but that is a BIG "IF".

Certainly this last Lehmann shenanigan makes you nervous about him... I would hate to see us lose the unbeaten record because of some crap he pulls..

Goonerlove

Top Bottom