• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edwin van der Sar

Sammer

Established Member
kevin_kyle said:
How much did Manure pay for Barthez?
And did we get Lehmann on a free?

Lehmann cost us approx. 1.5 million pounds. Which is a steal in my view, considering, that he can match up the likes of Van der Saar.

Surely, Wenger is looking at long term options, which will cost more money...but until then, Jens is doing just fine.

Asterix

Established Member
van der Sar is also suffering a bit of a confidence dip at the moment - I believe he had a howler against Chelsea last night - so he'd fit right in!

What? oh right, ......

kevin_kyle

I was amused by the Watford though.......
I was cut up when i saw that fulham went down by one goal
I would have been stoked if the communists got beaten.

Jinn

Established Member
Myles Palmer seems pretty confident that van der Sar is coming.

Is he spouting rubbish again? Or is there any truth to this? There hasn't been any mainstream press on this transfer target..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.anr.uk.com/articles/m-2005-01-14-11-56-54.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.anr.uk.com/articles/m-2005-0 ... 56-54.html</a>

Mostarac

Established Member
Palmer is an idiot who does not know what he is talking about. van der Sar is definetively not good enough for Arsenal.

Ratinho

Established Member
Look if Almunia's not good enough, Lehmann is clearly not good enough, and van der Sar is not good enough, who the f**k do people want?

I knw there is a consensus that Hildebrand is the only capable goalkeeper in world football, but as far as I know he is going to OT, so if we can at least move on, that would be nice. If he came, it would be a nice surprise, but don't hold your breath.

awooga83

Established Member
I don't really think Van der Sar would be a good option as his recent dropping from Fulham coupled with some poor form recently and his age means hes not what arsenal need. I think we should be looking for a relatively young keeper who could be at the top for quite a few years instead of looking for stop gaps although that is easier said then done.

Rapid88

Van Der Sar was a brilliant keeper in times past. He is not now a better keeper IMO than Lehmann or Almunia. We should not sign him.

awesomarsenal

Look if Almunia's not good enough, Lehmann is clearly not good enough, and van der Sar is not good enough, who the f**k do people want?

I knw there is a consensus that Hildebrand is the only capable goalkeeper in world football, but as far as I know he is going to OT, so if we can at least move on, that would be nice. If he came, it would be a nice surprise, but don't hold your breath.
you never know :lol: i think van der sar is too old for arsenal, maybe for this season only but after that we gotta find a new keeper if we get the giant dutch man

asajoseph

Established Member
Go and look through the ANR archives - in the past he's had us directly linked with the likes of Paul Ince, Zidane, and even Ronaldo (memory sketchy on the last one).

He's not the most reliable source in the world.

Sammer

Established Member
Leave Frey out, but Abbiati and Cudicini would be nice, although Chelsea would never sell Cudicini to us.

Van der Saar would have been an excellent choice some years ago. He is 34 now I believe, and basically on the same level as Lehmann.

Latest posts

Top Bottom