• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win EFL Cup 2nd Round: West Brom 0 - 6 Arsenal | Wednesday, August 25 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Who advances to the 3rd round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Loving the positivity here, but I can't shake the first 16 minutes up until Auba scored. We couldn't play out of their press. We didn't play to the team's strengths.

I'm not sure, but the way we played seemed really contradictory to Arteta's instructions. It's almost if the transition football just came about naturally when the team realised they were up against low quality opposition.
Their ridiculous high line made up our minds for ourselves.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Xhaka, Partey and Ødegaard is a good enough midfield trio to push top 4 if they play 30+ games as a unit.
That’s not even a midfield. It’s a pseudo left back, one guy in the middle, and one guy in the hole playing flicks around the corner. Each playing in segregated zones. When I think of midfield units I think of dynamic combination play between both boxes, winning duels, and lots of one and two touch variations.

Gunners1616

Perfect match for the confidence of our forwards.

Anybody knows why WBA played their U23's ? They play Peterborough this weekend.... They could have at least put few seniors to surround the kids. They really tanked the match.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Perfect match for the confidence of our forwards.

Anybody knows why WBA played their U23's ? They play Peterborough this weekend.... They could have at least put few seniors to surround the kids. They really tanked the match.

46 game season where they have to play three times a week means most of the promotion chasing sides focus on the league.

The financials are so huge for making the PL that Cup competitions hinder them.

ThePortugueseGunner

First game I managed to catch on TV. Nice to see the team playing well and scoring so much. Then again, it was WBA for the Carabao Cup. Always nice to get a win, but not enough to dream of better things.

Facing Wimbledon at home in the next round, at least we know we'll probably go through that one too.

Badger_Revenge

Great to get a load of goals, and especially to see Auba finally nail that trademark curler to the back post in what seems like the first time since Fulham. He just completely lost that shot most of last year for some reason. He needs confidence.

Still fragile in the build up from the back and susceptible on Defense against an eager but clearly overmatched young West Brom side. I'm still pretty pessimistic about Saturday without Partey, White and Gabriel on the pitch. Think we'll be pretty turgid out of fear,

Was encouraged to see Ramsdale pass between the lines at least once to break the press. Ødegaard takes up good spaces to make that happen. Would be interesting to see Ramsdale and White together.

Latest posts

Top Bottom