• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EFL Cup | Arsenal vs Southampton | 30/11/16 | 19:45 (GMT)

What will be the result of this match?

• Arsenal win

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Southampton win

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Draw (After 90)

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ggunner12345

On Wednesday we play Southampton in the QF of the ELC ,would love us to win this competition.

Martinez

Jenkinson Holding Gabriel Gibbs (c)

Xhaka Elneny

Ox Jeff Iwobi/Ramsey

Giroud

Is Perez injured?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Martinez
Gabriel Mustafi Koscielny Gibbs
Xhaka Elneny
Chamberlain Ramsey Iwobi
Giroud
Think we should rest Alexis and Özil but should field a pretty strong team because it's the quarter finals now.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd like to see what Maitland-Niles can do against a decentish team.

After seeing what Debuchy offered it'd be a huge downgrade to go back to Jenkinson.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Perez might be ok for the bench. We should fielda strong team but I'd like to rest Kos,Monreal and Alexis completely. I might evenue gamble on resting Özil and playing Ramsey/Iwobi at 10. I really want to win but no risks with those in the red zone. I like Gunner12345's team but don't want to risk injury to Xhaka.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Perez has great chance to play this one he already back to training few days ago. Niles should get another chance to play as right back or central midfielder here

Martinez
Jenkinson Holding Gabriel Gibbs
Niles Elneny
Ox Iwobi Jeff
Perez

Southampton will also field most of their bench players because they also having an important game is Europa league next week.

Reactions: SYS

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Martinez
Jenkinson Holding Mustafi Gibbs
Xhaka Maitland-Niles
Iwobi Jeff Willock
Perez
Is the lineup I would like to see, but heavily doubt will come to pass. Given it's Southampton it will probably be a stronger and less pacy/fluid lineup. Would be interesting if Ainsley Maitland-Niles is given a spot at RB but people are talking about him as though he laready is a right back. He's a midfielder.

skip spence

This is the youngsters' cup and as such it is important. Keep playing them with some first-teamers that need match fitness and confidence such as Rambo, Ox, Iwobi, Gibbs, Xhaka possibly.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Suspect it'll be Ramsey-Coq in midfield.

With Giroud's rumoured knock and Perez only just returning I'm not sure who I'd risk.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Anything could happen in this game & totally unsure which team will be out on the hallowed turf. Have zero clue as to whom he'll play in midfield either. We have a toughie at West Ham next weekend also, so obvious rotation in play.

Is Giroud available? If so I imagine he'll start - Perez is in no way match fit. Jenks will more than likely be at RB & Gibbs will be our other FB. Pretty sure Gabriel will get game time at CB but not sure who'll partner him other than I'm sure it won't be Bosscielny.

Iwobi should start on one wing and the Ox on the other

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Would not risk any of Alexis, Özil, Xhaka, Giroud, Mustafi & Koscielny.

The rest you can swap in & out with little impact.

say yes

forum master baiter
Want a strong team for this.

It's a cup quarter final and Southampton always do a number on us.

Ospina
Jenkinson
Mustafi
Koscielny
Gibbs
Xhaka
Elneny
Ramsey
Perez
Giroud
Iwobi

Preacher

Always Crying
EFL is youth cup in Wenger's mind. No way he won't name 2-3 young guns in starting lineup + full bench of youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom