<

EFL Cup: Leicester vs Arsenal| Wednesday 23rd September 19:45| https://carabaocup.live/ for £10

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Sep 19, 2020.

?

What’s the result?

Poll closed Sep 23, 2020.
  1. Arsenal win

34.5%
  2. I don’t care about this stupid cup

29.8%
  3. Leicester win

15.5%
  4. Seriously why is this cup a thing?

20.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Özil has decided he's going to mentor the young lads, superb stuff.

yousif_arsenal likes this.
  2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Teach them few new fortnite tactics?

3. Ibadan

Ibadan Gagan Jr

Actually heartbreaking stuff

krackpot likes this.
  4. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

maybe just to build up his fitness

5. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

I keep forgetting we have all these random players you know. :lol:

Genuinely forgot we had Torreira and Mustafi on our books the other day. Clear out well overdue.

6. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

Mesut probably trained with U23 because he wasnt in the squad for the match. What a tragic affair this has become.

Macey

Cedric Saliba Luiz Kolasinac

Elneny AMN

Pepe Özil Nelson

Nketiah​

If not Özil I’d give Saka the minutes.

Edit: Completely forgot we had Guendouzi. Suppose he could be in there but I doubt we’ll see him or Mesut, sadly. Our squad is freaking huge and that’s without Mari, Mustafi, Chambers, ESR. Ridiculous stuff.

Ibadan and krackpot like this.
  7. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Laca should play in this, we need Eddie's extra speed for Liverpool really.

8. MikeVinna

Yeah or we need Laca’s holdup play for Pool because we have no creative midfielder..

9. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Thought we played very well against Liverpool in the Community Shield, Eddie's extra burst of pace made our attacks/pressing that little bit more effective imo.

Against "Park the Bus" teams, I like a striker to be good with his back to goal...against teams with a high line like Liverpool, a faster forward on the counter is my preference.

10. MikeVinna

Well you make a decent argument for Eddie. Would still prefer Laca vs Pool, personally. But I trust Arteta to make that call. Makes more sense to start Eddie in the cup, at least in terms of managing fitness and not overplaying Laca.

11. db.

db. Well-Known Member

Mainly hope to see Saliba.

Guendouzi, Özil, Torreira, Elneny, Nelson should all play, unless LT or Douzi are busy signing for another club.

Win or lose I won't be too disappointed. I usualy want us to win this comp of course, but this season it could be a real hinderence, particularly as we will have to go to Anfield if we win.

12. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

This is a good opportunity for a lot of our youngsters/fringe players to get a good run out against a decent team. Hope to see the likes of Willock, Nelson and possibly Saliba.

I almost don’t want Özil to play. If he plays and absolutely bosses it like he did away to Liverpool last season in this competition it’ll just make me sad he’s not involved with the first team.

I’ve not seen us win this cup, although it’s the least priority it’d still be nice to see us lift it. Of course it’d be Uncle Mikel’s THIRD trophy too. COYG!

krackpot likes this.
  13. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

How are you guys still sad about Özil?

14. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Well-Known Member

Think we'll see:

Luiz Saliba/Holding Kolasinac
    Cedric Elneny Guendouzi/Xhaka AMN
    Pepe Nelson
    Eddie

Would not be surprised to see Arteta choose Xhaka and Holding over Saliba and Guendouzi, I think he'll pick a strong, experienced team.

15. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Xhaka's one of our most important players, he'll be rested. Can't afford him getting injured.

Our key players at the moment are Leno, Tierney, Gabriel, Xhaka and Aubameyang.
    Everyone else is expendable. Leno can play since keepers are unlikely to get injured.

krackpot likes this.
  16. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Well-Known Member

I hope you're right! Would much rather see Guendouzi or ESR get minutes in a league cup match. ESR I feel like is going on loan though? I saw he hasn't even been given a squad number yet, weird how there's been no noise about a loan, but I guess it makes sense, probably waiting to see if we can get deals for Thomas and/or Aouar over the line before loaning him.

re: Xhaka I think we'll find that Ceballos will be the more important player to Arteta's plans this season than Xhaka. Especially if Granit plays like he did the other day.

17. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

If Özil is now training with the U/23's then I really think he's time here is up unfortunately & he won't be given too many chances this year, this would be the most obvious game to play him in to play a mix of youth & experience. If there are younger players who get given a run before guys like Mustafi, Guendouzi, Özil, Torreira, Sokratis etc. Then they would have to be on their way out & not in Artetas plans anymore. We have got a rather big squad & do need to clear out a lot of dead wood. Thats what I do on my FIFA career modes, I clear out a lot of those players to get more budget then bring in my own choice of players.

18. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Will be good to see who's in the squad for this one. We'll be able to see who really isn't in Arteta's plans. No Özil/Douzi would be telling, think Douzi will be there though.

19. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

...The King's first hattrick!

Pyres7 likes this.
  20. Tomb Bombadil

Tomb Bombadil Active Member

Hard to predict a lineup. I hope nobody plays from the game against West Ham besides maybe Kolasinac or Saka.

Do you think we will play with 3 at the back?

Macey
    Saliba - Luiz - Kolasinac
    Cedric - Elneny - Willock - AMN
    Pepe - Nketiah - Nelson​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.