<

EFL Cup: Leicester vs Arsenal| Wednesday 23rd September 19:45| https://carabaocup.live/ for £10

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Sep 19, 2020.

?

What’s the result?

Poll closed Sep 23, 2020.
  1. Arsenal win

34.5%
  2. I don’t care about this stupid cup

29.8%
  3. Leicester win

15.5%
  4. Seriously why is this cup a thing?

20.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bfg04

Bfg04 New Member

Maybe trying to find a place for Özil, He might show some of his magic against Foxes or Pool later in the cup. Nothing to lose after all.

2. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

I would like Özil to get some game time.

I would also really like to see Saliba, Sokratis,Cedric, Willock, Torreira, Pepe, Eddie and Nelson to start.

Symbia likes this.
  3. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

If Özil doesnt play here you’d imagine that’s the final nail in the coffin.

4. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

5. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Sokratis still injured. Why he still here just leave ffs.

6. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

Would field the weakeste team possible tbh, need to be fresh for Liverpool. Play the likes of John Jules, Medley, Özil etc

7. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Two of the guys you mentioned are on loan :lol:

Perfect excuse to post what John-Jules did this weekend:

8. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Kinda want Özil to be at home for this one, if only for the meltdown it might bring.

9. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Nicely done Mr John-Jules...

[​IMG]

10. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

You're supposed to want to win every game but really it would be an inconvenience to have to play more games in this competition. They shouldn't even be running the League Cup this year, they could've cancelled it for a year and no one would've cared.

Makingtrax likes this.
  11. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Was it our game against Leicester that got cancelled when Mikel had his case confirmed?

12. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Against Man City.

El Duderino likes this.
  13. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

I’d love to see Özil play again, of course. I don’t expect much from him anymore.

14. gkoat

gkoat Well-Known Member

I'm not opposed to this tournament happening but dislike how polarizing this match can be. We got unlucky with draw. It's a top-of-the-table clash of current silliness but media is in. Not arteta fault he can't completely ignore the fact that we're the most exciting draw of this round. This match is a big deal for many people putting on this cup, neither team will go full rotation. I wish it weren't the case but drawing Leicester, one of the two ingredients to the Leicester title(the other being the giroud goal drought), combined with the fact that they beat us when it count last season in the latter part of season, finished above us, AND the Vardy late usurpation of Aubas golden boot. Even if we send all the kids out, and I doubt we will, this game has drama written all over it.

15. HomeSteak

HomeSteak Well-Known Member

Do we know the squad for this?

16. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Runar
    AMN - Saliba - Luiz - Kolasinac
    Elneny - Willock
    Pepe - Özil - Saka
    Nketiah
    If anything swap Saka to LWB if we want a 343.

17. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

With Liverpool coming up, this is the game where all the individuals chosen know that they're just squad players or developing youngsters.

If Özil and Guendouzi aren't chosen for this then the club is just throwing money down the drain. Showcase them, sell or loan. Barca managed to off load Bale ffs. Sitting on their arses playing Fortnite benefits nobody and is bad business.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    krackpot likes this.
  18. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Given the opposition it could also be a chance for Pepe, Maitland Niles, Eddie to show that they deserve to start at Anfield.

19. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Barca managed to offload Bale is it ;)

Trofton likes this.
  20. Tomb Bombadil

Tomb Bombadil Active Member

I mean Özil will leave us for free next year. He won't get us any money and he won't play a big role this year. Not really much you can do about him besides play him if he shows enough in training for carabo cup.

But I really hope we still see Guendouzi because he would have gotten us 30-40mil before. If we don't play him anymore we have to sell him for a pretty low fee. And I still have a small hope that he will turn good because I think there's would be a lot of talent in him.

But I haven't seen him in the training pictures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.