• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EFL Cup | Nottingham Forest FC vs Arsenal FC | 20th of September at 19:45 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Our B team will travel to the City ground to take on two time European Cup champs Nottingham Forest in the EFL Cup on Tuesday. Although it'd be nice to win this game it's mostly used in recent years as a tournament to blood some of our more promising youngsters and squaddies who haven't been able to get much game time.

Even with the absence of the regular 1st teamers we'll be able to put out a strong team which reflects the greater depth in our squad nowadays.

Youngsters expected to play - Akpom, Jeff, Maitland Niles, Bielik, Willock (maybe)

I'd expect to see Perez, The Ox, Holding, Xhaka, Gibbs, Gabriel, Debuchy and a few others in the squad.

Trouble wit this team is familiarity and whereas a loss would be a cupset, it's become more the norm in recent seasons for us to go out early. It'd be great to have a good run for a few rounds in this tourney as our lesser lights can get a decent run out - don;t bank on it though.

Plumping for a 3-1 win for the good guys with Lucas Perez to bust his ducks and grab a brace.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
We can field a great XI and it could be a very exciting game!

Expecting Xhaka, Perez and Holding (deservedly) all to start. If Gabs is fit then this is the right game for him, if no, then Bielik. I don't know who of the youngsters will play but I guess Jeff, Chuba and one of AMN and Willock will get minutes.

Ospina
Debuchy - Gabriel - Holding - Gibbs
Xhaka - Neny
Jeff
AMN (Willock) Ox
Perez

Would like to see the first goal for our new no. 9.

Giroud started his goalscoring career in this cup too, right?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
will be interesting to see what line up Wenger will play this game i think he will play Xhaka and Lucas from the start i think Jeff will start too.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Difficult for a manager. A complete team change is good to rest the 1st IX and great for the youngsters too. But the peripheral players can be a bit demoralised playing in a 2nd XI -Xhaka, Perez, Elneny, Ox etc

David_Smith

Will be nice to see both Bendtner and Lansbury. Hopefully they don't enjoy the occasion too much :)

I think Wenger said Ramsey could be ready for this.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Starting 11 if Ramsey and Debuchy are fit.

Ospina
Debuchy, Gabriel, Holding, Gibbs
Elneny, Xhaka
Ox, Ramsey, Lucas
Giroud

Bench: Martinez, Jeff, Willock, AMN, Bielik, Iwobi, Coquelin

This team should be able to easily win this match. The bench should have mostly youth teamers plus a couple first team starters if we need to bring them on to win the match.

Bergkamp120

Warning to all of you who have no seen Lansbury in a long time: he has a very sh*t haircut.

I guess we start Elneny/Xhaka since Coquelin/Cazorla seems to be the preferred pairing for league games.

-----------------Ospina
Debuchy-Mustafi-Holding-Gibbs
-------------Elneny-Xhaka
Ox--------Reine-Adelaide-------Iwobi
----------------Lucas

Maybe Lucas in place of Iwobi and Giroud at CF if he's available.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Difficult for a manager. A complete team change is good to rest the 1st IX and great for the youngsters too. But the peripheral players can be a bit demoralised playing in a 2nd XI -Xhaka, Perez, Elneny, Ox etc

They should be happy that they have a chance to play, build fitness and show what they can do.

Don't see how demoralizing would it be for LP to score his first goal on Tuesday.

Chambo playing a good game could build confidence, too. Losing hope for him, tho.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
They should be happy that they have a chance to play, build fitness and show what they can do.

Don't see how demoralizing would it be for LP to score his first goal on Tuesday.

Chambo playing a good game could build confidence, too. Losing hope for him, tho.
Yeah, depends very much on ego. They ought to be glad to play for sure.

carlito'sway

Established Member
We can field a great XI and it could be a very exciting game!

Expecting Xhaka, Perez and Holding (deservedly) all to start. If Gabs is fit then this is the right game for him, if no, then Bielik. I don't know who of the youngsters will play but I guess Jeff, Chuba and one of AMN and Willock will get minutes.

Ospina
Debuchy - Gabriel - Holding - Gibbs
Xhaka - Neny
Jeff
AMN (Willock) Ox
Perez

Would like to see the first goal for our new no. 9.

Giroud started his goalscoring career in this cup too, right?

Actually, Giroud may play as well since he is suspended for the next CL game and he needs to get some games under his belt as well.

carlito'sway

Established Member

The first three you mentioned needs minutes and games to get fit and be up to speed.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We got to the final in 2007 and I'd like another good run. It will help the squad players and give the reserves confidence to step up of we need them. Hopefully Giroud and Lucas score and we win. No injuries please too.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
You know Bendtner is sitting in a dark room somewhere, listening to Slipknot and smoking some funny stuff, getting himself pumped.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm just here for Maitland-Niles. I wonder if Wenger will play Iwobi because it could make some of the younger guys more comfortable.

A few minutes for Nelson would be amazing but that's very optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom