• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EFL Cup | Nottingham Forest FC vs Arsenal FC | 20th of September at 19:45 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

Established Member
What about AMN?

Guy isn't even a RB and he still did a good job.

Love him, very flexible and dynamic player.

Genuinely think he should be considering playing at RB long-term. There is a lot less competition at full-back and Wenger will be keen to find a viable alternative to Bellerín. It could be similar to Gibbs who was a midfielder in the academy and then joined the first team as a left-back.

Impact

Established Member
Oxlade-Chamberlain was good yesterday. I think we are reaching the point where we struggle to divorce our preconceived views on him with his actual performances. Similar situation to what happened to Ramsey in 11/12. The talent is there. We just need to be patient. Today was good. Was bright, worked hard, tried to make things happen and showed terrific intelligence and execution for his goal.

Good game, but I was hoping Zelalem and Willock would play longer than they have, especially after the result looked safe. Zelalem did a couple of beautiful turns. If the kid could gain some muscle, he could be a great player.

BobP

Memri Fan
Genuinely think he should be considering playing at RB long-term. There is a lot less competition at full-back and Wenger will be keen to find a viable alternative to Bellerín. It could be similar to Gibbs who was a midfielder in the academy and then joined the first team as a left-back.

Maybe temporarily, as it both fills a need for ourselves and provides AMN with necessary game time.

Ultimately though, I think he's too good to be restricted to RB.

logic DC

I would probably just add Özil, Sanchez, Iwobi ant the two cbs, jeff is better than theo and I like the xhaka-el neny partnership. I think Wenger has a formidable squad this year.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Why is the press wanking themselves silly over Liverpool's 3-0 victory over Derby (20th in the championship table), while our 4-0 win over the 13th in table with a team of youngsters and 2nd string starters gets nary an eyebrow raise???

It's starting to piss me off.

Last edited:

Marmaduke

Why is the press wanking themselves silly over Liverpool's 3-0 victory over Derby (20th in the championship table), while our 4-0 win over the 13th in table with a team of youngsters and 2nd string starters gets nary an eyebrow raise???

Because its Klopp and Liverpool. Theres an army of secret Liverpool fans waiting for the moment for the sun to actually shine on them.

Personal aside; I've git a buddy who casually supports Liverpool because his family ect ect .... you can guarantee if they get close to a title win he'll get the old jersey out and hit the pub.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

It's starting to piss me off.
Were not the darlings of english football remember that!! They want pool todo something even if it is the mickey mouse cup!

say yes

forum master baiter
Oxlade-Chamberlain was good yesterday. I think we are reaching the point where we struggle to divorce our preconceived views on him with his actual performances. Similar situation to what happened to Ramsey in 11/12. The talent is there. We just need to be patient. Today was good. Was bright, worked hard, tried to make things happen and showed terrific intelligence and execution for his goal.

He was good when played out wide. Terrible in the centre though.

say yes

forum master baiter
Where will you download from? Ended up not watching the match either. Or will it find it's way onto Arsenal.com?

Don't think Arsenal host full match replays anymore, but they will have bitesize and extended highlights on their website at midnight tonight (have to wait for the highlights show on Channel 5 to air first).

Arsenalist has a selection of highlights up here already:
http://arsenalist.com

If you want the full match I think your best bet is a website like this:
http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/09/20/nottingham-forest-vs-arsenal-highlights-full-match/2/

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Matchhighlight . Com

First off all heads up for our youngsters; Niles, Akpom, Adelaide; they all did really, really well.
One of them is my Motd actually, probably Akpom, reminded me of mini Welbeck :)

Gabriel was rock solid and concentrated, just as Martinez.

Lucas was all over the place, loved that. He is still getting used to English football but its not gonna take him long before he fully adopts.

I loved how Xhaka and Elneny moved around. Both had some poor passes, but positionally, off and on the ball, they moved around like they have been playing together for some time.
Its not surprising since on paper they are a great fit, and this game showed they could become a great duo in future

Oxlade had good and bad moments, as always, but he did grow with the game and showed he is in great shape, which is very important for his form

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Something I disagree with Wenger are the comments of Xhaka going b2b. He can score those goals because He plays deep. It is like asking to Alonso or Pirlo don't play deep.

I agree sometimes he can go ahead, but more like a resource and not like a system. He and El Nenny are perfect because something El Nenny does well it's covering holes in whole pitch and play simple, yesterday the times AMN moved to CDM, El Nenny immediately did put himself as RB to cover the space.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Good win, pleased to see Perez getting off the mark with two goals and an assist as well. Really hope Ox builds on his goal, the guy looked shot in terms of confidence most of the game.

Hopefully we'll get an easy draw for the next round, I want to see more from that group of players.

By the way, that made me chuckle:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-manager-Arsène-wenger-stunned-8879723

:lol::lol:
That would never have been left uneaten if that was Big Sam. Dude would've been lucky to get away with his arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom