• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw EFL Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg: Liverpool 0 - 0 Arsenal | Thursday 13th January

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Arsenal-blog.png

Really gutted we lost to City. Should have gotten something from the game. Poor officiating coupled with individual mistakes killed us.

We looked good vs City. We had them on the ropes before the Xhaka incidence.

Hopefully we bounce back from this.
This game vs Liverpool is the ideal game to that.

Screenshot-20220101-170425.png

I expect massive rotation because Arteta knows Liverpool will rotate. I expect some fringe players to come in but don't see a way in @American_Gooner 's
boy Mari and Cedric.

In attack, Nketiah and Pepe should make lineup. In midfield I expect Sambi to take Partey's place.

In defense, White should retain his place. But Tavares and AMN will start in FB.

Screenshot-20220101-171652.png

Prediction.

Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool

Liverpool since Klopp came have always had some disdain for this competition. So I see Klopp fielding a weak Liverpool side. Liverpool are still trying to chase city for the title and they're one of the favourite for the CL. So they might throw this. They have bigger fish to fry.
With their two best attackers going to the Afcon, anything short of winning this should be classed as failure.

Last edited:

BIoodBrother

Ramsdale
Tomi White Gabriel Tierney
Chambers Lokonga
Saka ESR Martinelli
Laca

Looks like this the best we can put in NLD that of Tomi and ESR make it.

think we should continue our 513 and make it a 5131 with Holding instead of Chambers. IF ESR is still out, it'll be Nketiah yet again and 5122. Dont think Arteta likes the idea of a CB like Chambers or White as a CM.
If Tomiyasu is out as well we should try to get it postponed. Sell Kola and Mari today! :)

But honestly, the game's probably going ahead despite us having 5 non defenders in the whole squad (if ESR is out).

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Nah Kloppo is legendary man. Closest to class act that Wenger is.
Of all the top managers in the game today Klopp was probably my favourite. When he arrived at Liverpool I found him quite likeable. Was very cheerful, good sense of humour, never complained about anything. Gave credit to the opposition when it was merited etc.

Don't know what has happened to him but the last year or so he has turned into a moany, spiteful old bastard. Constantly finding something to complain about, from his players not getting penalties or VAR not doing its job to the downright silly and blaming the wind as a reason why they drew a match. Look at his interviews lately, so often he gets furious when asked a simple, generic football question and then tries to belittle the journalist for the audacity of doing their job. I know some of it comes with the territory of being a top level manager but he certainly ain't a class act. Far from it.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Our away fans were always brilliant but my gosh yesterday was something else! Also the home fans this season really upped the level. What's the cause for this? I don't remember our fans being so rampart before covid-19 (20).

Possible you answered your own question. People are reinvigorated to be out.

Or maybe it’s that the players actually look like they care these days.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Also, Merson's punditry after the game, was some of the worst I have ever heard.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Of all the top managers in the game today Klopp was probably my favourite. When he arrived at Liverpool I found him quite likeable. Was very cheerful, good sense of humour, never complained about anything. Gave credit to the opposition when it was merited etc.

Don't know what has happened to him but the last year or so he has turned into a moany, spiteful old bastard. Constantly finding something to complain about, from his players not getting penalties or VAR not doing its job to the downright silly and blaming the wind as a reason why they drew a match. Look at his interviews lately, so often he gets furious when asked a simple, generic football question and then tries to belittle the journalist for the audacity of doing their job. I know some of it comes with the territory of being a top level manager but he certainly ain't a class act. Far from it.
This is exactly how I feel about him. Wasn't sure if I was misremembering what he was like when he started at Liverpool. But this kinda confirms I was right. Never seen such a steep decline in the personality of a man

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Nowhere near the class of Wenger. Like Jose, he had a certain charm in the early days but that's largely worn off. Wenger was constantly engaging for 22 years.
Would agree 100% ands I like Klopp and have had my issues with Wenger, but comparing the two when it comes to class is just not right. Wenger was classy to a fault I felt. Without playing pop physiologist too much I wonder how much growing up in that small Alsatian working class village and the feeling of wanting to "better" himself played in to this.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Would agree 100% ands I like Klopp and have had my issues with Wenger, but comparing the two when it comes to class is just not right. Wenger was classy to a fault I felt. Without playing pop physiologist too much I wonder how much growing up in that small Alsatian working class village and the feeling of wanting to "better" himself played in to this.
I think being classy is just in Wenger's nature. That and his upbringing and education probably. You just can't fake that for this long. Even when he was angry, it was righteous anger. As you said, classy to a fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom