• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal vs Standard Liege |Thursday 3rd October| KO 20:00 | BT Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingofthebongo

First things first:
Unreal performance from Martinelli. I dislike the hyping of young players...But...good lord does he look a few levels above any of our youngsters in the final third. Links up play very well, exceptional movement all game especially for the first goal, quick feet and ice cold finish for the second where he opened up his body Henry style. He looks not only hungry, but starving to become a star: and that for me is the one factor that puts him at a real chance of fulfilling his boundless potential. He was easily the best player in our team.

Tierney: Clearly levels above Kolasinac - there is no doubt about it already.
He is very calm in possession and under pressure, has an attacking dimension to his game that is very threatening with his take-ons, link up play, and absolutely deadly pin-point crosses. Defensively very sound, and pace to go with it. It is only a matter of time.

Much better from Nelson. I liked his first touches today, link up play, and was looking less fearful to take on players on the wing and for positive one touch play in the center.

Joe Willock: Has effectively replaced Aaron Ramsey. How he doesn't start games is beyond me. Emery really needs to sort this out. He offers something NO other player in this team has, and that is the power to drive from midfield. It is so damn effective. He arrives late in the box and is always a goal threat. The one down-side is his timing of releasing the ball can be slightly earlier.

Torreira: A real real awful performance from him in the first half, second half was sliiiiightly better - but he is seriously struggling out there to break the press and even make simple passes. Nothing to do with position - just mental stuff. Not sure what is going on, but I can finally see why he isn't a bonafide starter. Xhaka being his replacement is making people enraged but he is really not making a strong case.

Happy with Bellerin's and Holding's performance - both putting in solid performances, making their claims to start games in the EPL..

Ceballos: Very neat and tidy - was very impressed with his ball retention from deep. Took his goal well. Still - PLAY HIM IN CM!

Martinez! He is looking seriously assured - his skills on the ball and throwing to kick start attacks is insane. There was one point where he was under pressure and slid a beautifully weighted pass with his LEFT foot down the middle. I am digging this guy.

Dregen57

It was simply, as easy as that! Rested players with Martinelli impressing again! Tierney bossing that left side & nice fluid football. Roll on Sunday now where we play Bournemouth, let’s get 3 points

Wryer

Just thought we should taken off Holding, Bellerin and Tierney for obvious reasons. Doesn't look like we are going to see them this weekend. Pity.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Love in the cups when freddie gets to pick the team, beautiful football, even emery banning Özil cant stop it

team freddie till I die
I was thinking why don't we simply play this start-up against Bournemouth? Would honestly fancy them, maybe with a couple of changes. I was impressed by the team. Lot of talent waiting to get their time in the starting 11.

Iceman10

Established Member
I was thinking why don't we simply play this start-up against Bournemouth? Would honestly fancy them, maybe with a couple of changes. I was impressed by the team. Lot of talent waiting to get their time in the starting 11.

Bournemouth last played on Saturday. We've played Monday and Thursday since then.

Iceman10

Established Member
Saw AMN was played with Bellerin occupying RB, so was hoping this was a rare match where AMN was played in CM. Unfortunately not (RW), and it appears there was nothing really standout from him in the match despite the team as a whole doing well. AMN will just have to stick at it and work hard in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom