• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal vs Vitória S.C| Thursday 24th October | KO: 20:00 | BT Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJay24

He struggling with everything. The balance would improve if he would pick the same team for at least three games in a row. Only Nelson is missing. He has a chance to do that and he can start by dropping Xhaka as automatic starter. It's alarming how slow he is to impose any kind of game plan. Ole and Lampard have fone better in less time.

Lol are you high?

Chelsea have looked okay but doubt they'll manage to sustain this high tempo energised approach.

GoonerJay24

He needs to find a style and stick by it with a core of players. Constant changing doesn't allow any rhythm to develop. We can't have a different midfield every week and expect to do well. Its weak management.

I don't think that's the problem Ferguson did it at Man Utd throughout his tenure.

Just needs to work on midfields defending and attacking patterns of play which should improve when Tierney is fully integrated into the team.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He struggling with everything. The balance would improve if he would pick the same team for at least three games in a row. Only Nelson is missing. He has a chance to do that and he can start by dropping Xhaka as automatic starter. It's alarming how slow he is to impose any kind of game plan. Ole and Lampard have fone better in less time.
To be fair, Nelson would have been a good player to have today. Good connections with Tierney and ESR, also set up 2 of Martinellis goals, knows how to make the ball stick in the final 3rd and had improved his performance level before getting hurt. I hope hes back soon, the EL team needs more creativity and dribbling.

GoonerJay24

He played cam in italy as well, this league is too fast for him. I completley disagree about Torreira adapting to other midfield positions when i sat there and watched fernandinho play CB at 34 for city. If you have enough quality you can play anywhere. The days of a makelele are gone, all the best cdm's in football right now are proper ballers and can progress through the midfield in games. We have a prime example in xhaka, a guy who 10 years ago maybe would be good but in todays modern game he is too limited.

Depends on a teams playing style

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Just went through the whole thread... I don't think any player of ours wasn't slated at least once or just condemned. Carnage.

Pepes blue pill

Can anyone explain why the Arsenal website suggests the game is a full house apart from the odd seat here n there but then you see the game and there are empty seats everywhere? surely not that many people buy tickets n dont bother to turn up?

Pepes blue pill

All the tickets paid for.

Cheers, im a red member and normally go with my brothers but wanted to take our dad but he doesnt have a membership and is scared of heights so can only go if the seats are low down, by the time I remembered to check you couldnt get seats together

U think it is touts? I mean I know the seats were cheap for this game but no way that many people buy tickets n then think **** it, I cant be assed to go

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Cheers, im a red member and normally go with my brothers but wanted to take our dad but he doesnt have a membership and is scared of heights so can only go if the seats are low down, by the time I remembered to check you couldnt get seats together

U think it is touts? I mean I know the seats were cheap for this game but no way that many people buy tickets n then think **** it, I cant be assed to go

I honestly dont know for sure but sure someone on here would

zilfy

The way Tierney was turned and twisted like a ragdoll in the first goal. Yikes.

Great to have Pepe scoring his goals finally. But as a team struggling so badly at home against (wait let me find the name again). Yikes.
Yikes pretty much sums up the entire situation at the moment

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Can anyone explain why the Arsenal website suggests the game is a full house apart from the odd seat here n there but then you see the game and there are empty seats everywhere? surely not that many people buy tickets n dont bother to turn up?

Group stages of the EL are included within the season ticket price/package. The seats were already all “sold” and for some reason during the Emirates era Arsenal FC has always counted sold seats, not actual number of people through the gates, as the official attendance figure.

Your season tickets include all 19 home Premier League matches and the first seven home cup matches in European competitions and the Emirates FA Cup, with all fixtures subject to match categorisation.

https://www.arsenal.com/membership/2019/20-season-ticket-how-it-is-calculated?amp=

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We quite simply did not deserve to win this.
Couple points from the game
  • ESR is awesome. Needs to be awesome for the full 90 though
  • Pepe going to kick on now I think. Great couple of performances.
  • Willock looking jaded after an initial good start to the season
  • Emery is garbage
  • Bellerin is not great captain material
  • Torreira looks lost right now.
  • Emery is garbage
  • Having Tierney and Bellerin back doesn't magically fix our problems like several people suggested it would (no idea why they would think that)
  • Özil surely doesn't make that team worse..
  • Emery is garbage

Symbia

I think I've said it here last night but will repeat it nonetheless.
ESR is a top talent, I was not only impressed by his technique and how he effortlessly beat the opposition press but his mentality. I use to think his mentality is his biggest weakness but it seems I'm wrong. He never allowed himself to be bullied by the bigger players, even that bully that tried to pick up fight with Laca did not push him around.

Physically, he seems to be above Saka. Maybe I am getting over board with his just one match performance but I think he is a very big telent/potential.

Guendouzi is more degerous in the final third and his dribbling ability seems underrated. His moves to win the free kick was similar to that of his Aston Villa that won us pen. Very impressive dribbler.

Torreira in Epl is a very bad idea, not even pointing to his embarrassing no 10 position yesterday but the fact that he is not suited for defensive midfield in a typical epl team. Physically disadvantaged, lacks athletism and not so good first touch. Bang average Italian league player.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It still feels like a loss that is how poorly we played. Keep having to remind myself we actually got all the points. Vitoria must be kicking themselves big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom