• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal vs Vitória S.C| Thursday 24th October | KO: 20:00 | BT Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

goonergaz

I mean I know the seats were cheap for this game but no way that many people buy tickets n then think **** it, I cant be assed to go

As stated the tickets are included in the season ticket, the value for me is ~£15-20 each (I have 2 season tickets) - to get to the match I need to leave work early and drive for 2hrs then try to find a parking space, try to grab a bite and get to the match for KO - it's very tight. Then I drive home and get home around midnight...it's a long old day!

Is it worth it for £15-20? Bearing in mind the extra hassle and expense when I can watch it on TV? Now imagine how many people are in similar situations to get to a really 'low grade match'.

Now bear in mind I can't sell my ticket until Arsenal sell out their other seats and you have a half-empty stadium that Arsenal report as fairly full.

BTW, if anyone here are members and are interested in buying tickets from me at face value feel free to let me know.

goonergaz

I think I've said it here last night but will repeat it nonetheless.
ESR is a top talent, I was not only impressed by his technique and how he effortlessly beat the opposition press but his mentality. I use to think his mentality is his biggest weakness but it seems I'm wrong. He never allowed himself to be bullied by the bigger players, even that bully that tried to pick up fight with Laca did not push him around.

Physically, he seems to be above Saka. Maybe I am getting over board with his just one match performance but I think he is a very big telent/potential.

Guendouzi is more degerous in the final third and his dribbling ability seems underrated. His moves to win the free kick was similar to that of his Aston Villa that won us pen. Very impressive dribbler.

Torreira in Epl is a very bad idea, not even pointing to his embarrassing no 10 position yesterday but the fact that he is not suited for defensive midfield in a typical epl team. Physically disadvantaged, lacks athletism and not so good first touch. Bang average Italian league player.

Guendouzi has been amazing, I wonder where we'd be without his drive and passion.

Chancellor

It still feels like a loss that is how poorly we played. Keep having to remind myself we actually got all the points. Vitoria must be kicking themselves big time.

We deserved to have points in all of three matchs but we ended up with zero. Its football, they say.

Mohamed7

2-1 win against Burnley
3-2 win against A Villa
2-2 Draw with dire Sp**s
1-0 win against Bournemouth

We are not winning with conviction. We are barely crossing the line because of the home factor.

We were at least enjoying the EL, but it is ruined as well. Our first choice Fbs and Holding started but still got turned on by a nobody.

When will the fans realize that the issue is not the players totally but the set up??

goonergaz

2-1 win against Burnley
3-2 win against A Villa
2-2 Draw with dire Sp**s
1-0 win against Bournemouth

We are not winning with conviction. We are barely crossing the line because of the home factor.

We were at least enjoying the EL, but it is ruined as well. Our first choice Fbs and Holding started but still got turned on by a nobody.

When will the fans realize that the issue is not the players totally but the set up??

In defence of the players, they don't have much match fitness or playing time together...give it time.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
In defence of the players, they don't have much match fitness or playing time together...give it time.
Time until PEA decides to leave in desperation? Until Martinelli gets tempted by a better club? If we keep playing bad football like we do every week, individual performances won’t be enough to stick together this team.

Player will get frustrated and leave to better places, where they can grow up and have chances of winning trophies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Superb from us, getting a victory in a very competitive game. Onwards now.

ESR for LW in the PL.

He is so much better as a 10. He is always involved. Has the ability to play a first time pass around the corner between the lines. He needs to get sharper, but I would play him ahead of anyone when fit.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
He is so much better as a 10. He is always involved. Has the ability to play a first time pass around the corner between the lines. He needs to get sharper, but I would play him ahead of anyone when fit.
Emery thinks n10 role is for DMs so I don’t think so... according to Emery fans N10 is about running behind the ball high in the pitch. There is no place for creativity

Pepes blue pill

As stated the tickets are included in the season ticket, the value for me is ~£15-20 each (I have 2 season tickets) - to get to the match I need to leave work early and drive for 2hrs then try to find a parking space, try to grab a bite and get to the match for KO - it's very tight. Then I drive home and get home around midnight...it's a long old day!

Is it worth it for £15-20? Bearing in mind the extra hassle and expense when I can watch it on TV? Now imagine how many people are in similar situations to get to a really 'low grade match'.

Now bear in mind I can't sell my ticket until Arsenal sell out their other seats and you have a half-empty stadium that Arsenal report as fairly full.

BTW, if anyone here are members and are interested in buying tickets from me at face value feel free to let me know.

Thank you for the explanation :), really something Arsenal should have sorted by now but hey ho

goonergaz

Been like this for more than a year?

I mean for Bellerin, Tierney and Holding.

Time until PEA decides to leave in desperation? Until Martinelli gets tempted by a better club? If we keep playing bad football like we do every week, individual performances won’t be enough to stick together this team.

Player will get frustrated and leave to better places, where they can grow up and have chances of winning trophies.

I mean until Christmas...just a few weeks for the players I mentioned above to get up to some speed and hopefully things improve.

Let's play Aubamawang

As poor as AMNs control was on that second goal, the pass to him wasn't great either. But why pass to him when there are THREE players pressing when you can go either side. Very sloppy pass. The sort of pass that is killing us because it gifts our opponents great chances on the counter. Until we fix boneheaded mistakes like that, we aren't going to improve defensively.

In attack, we have become very reliant on fullbacks. Which is fine when you have fullbacks who can cross the ball, but we have struggled with that this season. Hopefully Tierney improves that. But there is a lack of a killer pass in midfield. Yes you do need someone who can press high up. But they also need to be able to spot chances to play the final ball. Liverpool have that balance we lack.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I was at the game last night. From my place up in the gods, I saw it like this.

In the first half, the defence was as good as it could be given how poor the midfield was. Words cannot describe how awful M-N and Willock were, no impetus, no drive and no conviction followed by mistake after mistake.

Once Ceballos/Guendouzi came on, we had so much more conviction. The defence settled down, midfield was more functional and it gave the forwards a base off of which to attack.

ESR looked pretty good, Martinelli was fantastic as usual and Laca looked slightly off the pace but full of effort and running. Pepe came on and scored two great freekicks but from where I was we utterly dominated the second half and deserved more than just two late goals. Pepe really does add a bit of quality and class even when he doesn't produce goals, so if he can add goals as well we have some player on our hands.

Weighing up how poor we were in the first half with how dominant we were in the second half I'd say a 3-2 win is about right.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I was at the game last night. From my place up in the gods, I saw it like this.

In the first half, the defence was as good as it could be given how poor the midfield was. Words cannot describe how awful M-N and Willock were, no impetus, no drive and no conviction followed by mistake after mistake.

Once Ceballos/Guendouzi came on, we had so much more conviction. The defence settled down, midfield was more functional and it gave the forwards a base off of which to attack.

ESR looked pretty good, Martinelli was fantastic as usual and Laca looked slightly off the pace but full of effort and running. Pepe came on and scored two great freekicks but from where I was we utterly dominated the second half and deserved more than just two late goals. Pepe really does add a bit of quality and class even when he doesn't produce goals, so if he can add goals as well we have some player on our hands.

Weighing up how poor we were in the first half with how dominant we were in the second half I'd say a 3-2 win is about right.

The Willock Torreira midfield was really bad this time. Willock especially had an off game. AMN up there with Willock as you say.

At this point Ceballos & Guendouzi look like starters, hope Ceballos can keep this form up. Guendouzi seems to be quite consistent now.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
It still feels like a loss that is how poorly we played. Keep having to remind myself we actually got all the points. Vitoria must be kicking themselves big time.
Felt the same way after Bournemouth. Apart from the goal and a pitch invasion that game was absolute nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom