• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL | Eintracht Frankfurt vs Arsenal | 19/09/19

Result

• Eintracht Frankfurt Win

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 13 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

teamsoutheast

One thing I really enjoyed about last night was our counter attacking in the 2nd half. We absolutely ripped them to shreds on the break on occasions and that's a part of our game I see us developing. I haven't seen us hit teams on the break like that since the early Wenger days. We still don't know how to.defend on wide pitches and need to be better tactically but I believe we will slowly improve over the course of the season.

MikeVinna

Established Member
How? Please explain why you think it's terrible as it will be an interesting debate.

Because Xhaka isn’t good enough defensively and Torreira isn’t good enough offensively.

Torreira will always try to apply pressure further up the pitch. And when that inevitably fails the opposition will only have to deal with Xhaka and our pisspoor defense. Basically if our opponent breaks the press they have a clear path to our goal. And we don’t exactly have an elite pressing game to begin with.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Not a bad performance at all, we probably could have denied a few more shots for them which we certainly have to improve on if our defense clicked a tad better but a clean sheet is a clean sheet & that was a pretty good performance I thought, especially the 2nd half.

Martinez had a very good game in goals, one of his strengths I feel compared to Leno is his ball distribution, I hardly saw us play out from the back once. Saka has to get a few more games soon aswell, what a talent. Why can't we seem to play like this more often, we just seem to show our best football in the UEL & CL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom