• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Embarrassing fans

Deanbc

Arsenal fans. What a set of jokers you are. Empty seats all around the Emirates, absolutely pants. All you hear on radio phone ins is Arsenal whining. Why don't you stop moaning and support your team. You don't know you are born!

Michael Ojo

I am ashamed to be a Arsenal fan at the moment. Who would believe we would turn on each other like this (a joy for Sp**s to see).
90% of the other teams have had a worse season and past 20 years than us... I don't see them acting like immature kids though.
The funny thing is that the world predicted this will be our season and we believed the hype, so much so that now fans are acting like Arsène Wenger had personally promised it would be so.
I used to differentiate us from our scumbag North rivals, but lately we are acting like we are the illiterate bunch.
Fix up Gooners and show some backbone, your team needs you!!!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I am ashamed to be a Arsenal fan at the moment. Who would believe we would turn on each other like this (a joy for Sp**s to see).
90% of the other teams have had a worse season and past 20 years than us... I don't see them acting like immature kids though.
The funny thing is that the world predicted this will be our season and we believed the hype, so much so that now fans are acting like Arsène Wenger had personally promised it would be so.
I used to differentiate us from our scumbag North rivals, but lately we are acting like we are the illiterate bunch.

I'm never ashamed to be an Arsenal fan, disappointed yes, pissed off and angry on a regular basis, sure, but never ashamed!

Michael Ojo

I was with my 9yr old son at the game with Crystal Palace... I totally get what you mean but it was shameful. My son was very confused and I had to explain why the idiots were behaving in such a manner. I have always told my boy that the difference between us and Sp**s is that we have class.. Voice your opinions, we all have the right but turning on ourselves in public - I am ashamed to be the laughing stock of all and sundry

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Stupid thread and stupid opening post.

If you can't understand why people's frustrations are boiling over, then you haven't been paying close enough attention. I don't condone punching each other, though it must be funny to watch, but the anger of our fans is a little bit different to other teams and fan. With an ounce more common sense from the manager and board, we could be exactly where all our fans want us to be. The problems we create for ourselves are completely needless. It is infuriating.

E

Enoch

How about embarrassing manager who, when times get really rough, reminds us about being on the touchline for forty years yet makes the same mistakes, yet hasn't adapted (doesn't want to?) to the modernisation of football? Gets out played and out coached by lower level managers, who says that moving into third after today (if we even win) is not so horrible? A manager who still has the audacity to have a big smile on his face in a presser when he's asked about a player he's interested in while this campaign is his biggest failed season ever (we dropped to fourth after that game), this when your biggest rival is ahead of you? A manager who's the longest serving in the PL and the best position he can finish in the weakest league in years is third behind Leicester and our biggest rival, who haven't finished above us in two decades, a manager who never takes advantage of the failing seasons of richer clubs around us and push/motivate his team to the title, only to have lesser clubs pass us and finish top two. A manager who's started to rate/keep faith in mediocre players and has sacrificed seasons and signings for them.

But yeah, the fans.

Hegemony

There is a right way to go about voicing anger and frustration, and there is a misguided way. Recent events like fighting outside the stadium and shouting abuse aren't really going to solve anything. This is simply spontaneous passionate anger, which - while sympathetic - is ultimately pointless.

A walk out or boycott would be far more effective and much more civilized. Begs the question why fans would prefer to fight and shout, really.

say yes

forum master baiter

Arsenal fans who are angry at the management of our club are immature and illiterate. Ok.

At least I managed to avoid the scumbag tag by being born a couple of miles south.

Michael Ojo

Arsenal fans who are angry at the management of our club are immature and illiterate. Ok.

At least I managed to avoid the scumbag tag by being born a couple of miles south.

I am as upset and disappointed as the next Gooner. I want more out of our team and have the same passion when we fail to achieve our full potential. Being angry and voicing your opinion is a legitimate emotion but seriously can we look back and say we have been total failures over the past 20yrs? No!
Can we look back at Wengers career and say he has done nothing for the club on the tight budget he has had? No
If Wenger had splashed out in a mad frenzy and we ended up like Man U or Chelsea, won a few trophies but resulted in him losing his job, would you rate him more as a manager? No
The guy has done more than a few things right and a few things wrong too... he is as human as all of us.
If I were Wenger I would feel proud to be the longest serving manager of one club, look around you and see what has happened to his peers.
As far as I'm concerned, I have my teams back through thick and thin... that includes Wenger.

Gervais

Established Member
Regardless of what Wenger has achieved in the past, he is underachieving badly presently.

Also, nobody can wheel out the tight budget argument anymore. Leicester have killed that argument and hand delivered it to the crematorium.

The fact of the matter is that we will never win the PL or CL under Wenger. That is why he must go. He's finished. Done. Kaput.

He's passed his best and he cannot take us any further.

Top Bottom