• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emerson Royal

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
giphy-downsized.gif

I'd legit sign him purely for the name.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Bit more detail here on the player. Basically he's a good defensive fullback, not such a good attacking fullback. But that could work, especially if we give Saliba a chance at RCB, a good defender like Emerson could offer more security there and you could essentially push Tierney up to be almost a winger. He's a great athlete, he's good in the air, good age, asking price is fairly reasonable. But bear in mind he's not a great technician and doesn't offer much in attack. So basically the opposite of Aarons, will be interesting to see which one we go for.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
On paper at least I think a Emerson-Saliba-Gabriel-Tierney back 4 is quite balanced. Tierney pushes up really high and just gets balls into the box, the opposition naturally counter by attacking more down that side, Gabriel for me is a really good defender able to deal with that threat. Saliba at RCB is the main passing outlet, the first attacker from deep, essentially. Emerson tucks in to almost be a RCB in a back 3 when we're in possession and to cover for any Saliba mistakes due to inexperience.

It all kinda makes sense. Arteta might think it's too inexperienced though.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

I don't get this, they already have Dest and there's talks with Sergi Roberto over a new contract

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

I don't get this, they already have Dest and there's talks with Sergi Roberto over a new contract

Would be very strange if they decide to keep him. They're broke, need to raise funds, he's not first choice RB, would be very strange indeed. Maybe they're just buying his remaining rights in preparation for a sale?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Would be very strange if they decide to keep him. They're broke, need to raise funds, he's not first choice RB, would be very strange indeed. Maybe they're just buying his remaining rights in preparation for a sale?
It says he's bought a house in Barcelona and will do pre-season with them. Something must've changed with Sergi Roberto's situation.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Barca are doing barca things they should improve other areas of their team and they go spend 25M? on Emerson they already have good RB in dest. really weird club.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Are they going to keep him or sell him quickly? So we'll know to keep this open or lock it. With barca you'll never know

Top Bottom