Emery's Loan Targets With An Obligation to Buy But We Want An Option to Buy Hopefully: January 2019

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Dec 12, 2018.

?

What two players would you prefer we got with the loan/buy shenanigans?

1. Christopher Nkunku

27.3%
  2. Ivan Perisic

58.0%
  3. Aissa Mandi

11.4%
  4. Malcom

26.1%
  5. Denis Suarez

40.9%
  6. Gary Cahill

8.0%
  7. Yannick Carrasco

20.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

We'll end up with Ashley Williams and a one-year delivery of free baltie pies to keep him going.

Rex Banter likes this.
  2. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Would love de Ligt if true. While there, they should get de Jong to replace Ramsey.

3. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

What about Smalling, his contract is running up, i would definetly take him.

4. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

I don’t think a stopgap CB could be the difference between reaching and not reaching top 4. Especially not when we have three players coming back who have not/barely featured this season to cover for the loss of Holding. Ofc no one knows if kos will stay fit for the rest of the season but i think we’ll manage.
    A quality winger could on the other hand be the difference imo.

5. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

Would love for it to happen, but not a chance.

6. Taurus

Taurus Well-Known Member

My dad (Besiktas fan) has just told me that Pepe had his contract mutually terminated...

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

James Bond and American_Gooner like this.
  7. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

Yes, China for him.

8. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

He was very good at the World Cup and was always solid for Real, he is a massive c*nt though and as Rich said a move to China or the MLS is the most likely scenario.

9. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Hell no! Would be a walking red card.

I like the noises that Emery is making about signings.

10. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Top 4 could be decided by a single point or even goal difference. Of the 3 players we have coming back, one is coming off of a massive injury, is not young and will need to have his minutes monitored carefully. Another is 21 years old. These are not players you can count on. What if there's another big injury and we haven't brought anyone in during the winter window? We just came from a period where we did not take a proactive approach to covering ourselves for situations like this and almost every single time were predictably punished with injury crises cropping up at the worst possible moments. To put ourselves in that potential scenario yet again after all the strides we've made to save a few quid for the summer window would be absolute insanity.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  11. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

It won't be the MLS. You can't have Pepe and Donald Trump in the same country.

Artisan, Toby Andrl and HBL like this.
  12. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Literally just happened :lol::

say yes and Camron like this.
  13. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

United fans don't seem too happy with that one, hopefully Phil Jones next.

14. Camron

Camron Established Member

Good. Poor player.

15. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

It's at the stage now where Sven is trusted. It can be a name or non-brand name, young or old, European or continental. His strike rate so far has been incredible.

Batman, say yes, Toby Andrl and 2 others like this.
  16. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

I actually think he’s alright tbf, United would be in a good position if they could put a top player like Koulibaly next to him.

MaraDon likes this.
  17. LeafsBro

LeafsBro Active Member

Pepe just rescinded his contract with Besiktas. Say what you want about him, the guy is an absolute beast. Strong, tenacious, dominant in the air, solid defensively, and a leader as well. He was a huge reason why Portugal won the Euro and a key player for Real for several years. Even at 35 I would take a chance on him.

kraphtous likes this.
  18. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Agreed. Plus he fits perfectly with the new nutjob culture we're assembling in defense. :D

19. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

I agree
    He'd be a great fit for a short term deal and we go big in the summer.

He's a beast, a vicious bast*rd, with great leadership.

20. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

Perfect timing for us. Admittedly I don't know how he was doing in Turkey but just last year he was one of the best CB's in the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.