• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emery's Loan Targets With An Obligation to Buy But We Want An Option to Buy Hopefully: January 2019

What two players would you prefer we got with the loan/buy shenanigans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
We should probably re-call Nelson in Jan?

Sell Elneny and probably Ramsey/Özil if Emery isn't playing them.

Then sign a cb and maybe a winger if we're lucky.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
It's a big positive that Mislintat and Sanllehi decide for transfers because it looks like Emery is that kind of manager who would refuse Ousmane Dembele for Ivan Perisic.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
You can't stand unai do you :rofl:
Nah Emery seems like a decent man, I don’t agree with some of his decisions and probably his overall philosophy that he has shown so far. But I haven‘t followed his career until Arsenal so maybe this is just him adjusting to our injury crisis.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
It's a big positive that Mislintat and Sanllehi decide for transfers because it looks like Emery is that kind of manager who would refuse Ousmane Dembele for Ivan Perisic.

What gave you that impression?

Last edited:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
How did you get that impression?
His love for Mkhitaryan and Iwobi over Özil. Also has a history of loving workhorses before that, his treatment of Denis Suarez in favour of Vitolo for example, always playing with two defensive midfielders (sometimes three), him falling out with Neymar. It's enough to get that impression I think.

say yes

forum master baiter
if we can only sign one, i think a winger is way more important than a cb, we will have four to choose from once mavro is fit. a winger imo is vital as we cant continue to have poo like mkhitaryan and iwobi starting on the flanks

Yep winger > CB every day of the week.

Although I wouldn't sign anyone unless they're top class / have potential to be top class. Would rather we sign no-one than another Elneny / Gabriel. Squad has too much dross as it is and if we're really that desperate we can use the loan system / the academy.

Aevi

Hale End FC

Although I wouldn't sign anyone unless they're top class / have potential to be top class. Would rather we sign no-one than another Elneny / Gabriel. Squad has too much dross as it is and if we're really that desperate we can use the loan system / the academy.
Thankfully, Sven doesn't seem to have a taste for squaddies with low ceilings.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Here's one I'd love to be true. Allegedly Madrid would be willing to move him for £14 million. AS and El Confidential also reporting this, but then the Spanish press is even more unreliable than England's.

What? No way.

Why not? Solid defender. Great in the air. Reads the game well. Team leader. Plays the ball out of the back. And a manageable price tag. Who might Arsenal be able to buy in January that would be better equipped to step right in and help bring stability? Would you rather have Cahill?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

You take that back. Gabriel was a saint

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Reckon the CB signing will be one of/both Pepe and Cahill. Both if Kos is deemed no longer upto it and allowed to head back to France.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
The Holding & Wele's injuries basically killed our chances for Top 4.
If we don't sign at least a CB in January we should just focus on the EL.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
A new goal keeper makes no sense.. Focus on a winger and CB first, and then go from there..

HBL

Established Member
We've made a £15m + Martinez bid for Ismalia Sarr apparently, seems like an unreliable source and a very cheeky offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom