• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emery's Loan Targets With An Obligation to Buy But We Want An Option to Buy Hopefully: January 2019

What two players would you prefer we got with the loan/buy shenanigans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeroy1979

I know signing carrasco, perisic etc wouldn't have guaranteed cl football (and we may get there with what we have) but it would have made it more likely. It would have been great to see us really chase After it with some additions. Prove to everyone that we are serious about becoming contenders again

Leeroy1979

If Chelsea are open to loaning out Christensen (not at the 7m fee they want) I hope we have at least had the discussion with them about maybe settling on a more realistic fee for a loan. Unlikely as we are direct rivals for top 4 but worth a punt, the worst they can say is do one and it seems most of Europe is already doing that. He would at least be a step in our bid to improve our defence, he was great on loan in Germany

LeafsBro

With the transfer fees and wages freed up from player departures (including Özil’s since we all know he is likely on his way out), on top of whatever money we’ll initially have for our transfer budget, I’m convinced we’ll have enough to sign a quality CB. There was no point in signing an average defender on loan with an option to buy since we already have average defenders in abundance. I’m confident that Raul Sanllehi et al know what they’re doing and will focus on that next summer.

Leeroy1979

It's January ffs. We did the best we could.

Loan deals was the right strategy. Dumping 35M on an old bloke Perisic would've been lunacy.
Surely the potential resale value of guendouzi and Torreira and the relatively cheap (Torreira) and dirty cheap (guendouzi) fees we paid for them could have covered perisic or carrasco future fee, did we even try to lower the price on an obligation to buy? I'm sure we could have come to an agreement with inter at a fee palatable to both club....maybe somewhere in between twenty five and thirty?

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Moaning about who we didn't sign but who did the other teams buy? Not much. Sputs and United nobody, Chelsea a chubby has been.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Sp**s are ahead of us and United has spent a lot the past few years. No one wants to be like Chelsea.
Sp**s are also light on depth and missing their best players for another month at least. If anyone could have done with a loan, as money is tight, it was them.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Any reason why we never took Tielemans on loan with option?

Could have had three of the most promising u23 CMs to build round.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This transfer window is a positive sign for me for our future.

Looks like the club learned from the panic buys in the last years.
Let's just hope we put all this effort and ambition into signing good players in the summer. It's been extremely exciting this January, our board has done their best to bring in quality. This also happened last January and then our summer was decent but nowhere near good enough for seriously challenging for top4.

I hope the board and owner realise we need a quality winger as well as CB for the summer, on top of replacing the squad players we lose

Leeroy1979

Ok, had a crafty cig and a coffee and have decided to try and look at things from a more positive perspective.

We are 4th in the league and chelski are stuttering. We have some quality players and our cf partnership is exciting as hell. Suarez will improve us and at least he is better than kallstrom lol sokratis and kos may well be back sooner than first thought , we have a few promising youngsters coming through who it will be good to see get game time and we are still in the el which is a hugely winnable contest.

There we are I feel better now I have said all that out loud.

Still disappointed about perisic but I do get that there will be more options available in the summer. Hopefully we can repeat the success of last summer when we did some really good business

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Any reason why we never took Tielemans on loan with option?

Could have had three of the most promising u23 CMs to build round.

Too similar to Guendouzi. He's good but I don't think he has Guendouzi's vision. We need a more dynamic midfielder with pace and tenacity. Tielmans isn't fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom